• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe he's an idealogue; yes, his heart is American

Why do you believe his heart is American?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I don't think it's trivial at all. This President seems to go too far out of his way to show the world's leaders that he's continuously sorry for anything we might have done, real or imagined, to them in the past decade or so.

While he might think he's doing the right thing, he's doing nothing but baring this country's throat for all to take a bite at will. If we have only learned one thing over the past decade, we should have learned that others will take advantage of our weaknesses.

t.

So this 'bow' exposes our country to danger??? I'm sorry, I don't get it. :)

Because of the weakness that is perceived by the other nations. When you bow and the other person doesn't, that is saying something especially in the Arab world. It is perceived as a an of submission. When Obama is operating as Head of State, it is as if we are all there. He is standing for us. When he bows, we all bow, as the article stated. That bow was very, very important to a culture that is all about image and appearance. Symbolic gestures like that are not taken lightly.

It is something that we dont' have a point of reference for in our culture. For that reason it appears unimportant to us. But over there, in Saudi land, it is very, very important and they will hold you to it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Obama's an American?!? There's a slight difference in an American being President and someone being an American President now, obviously.

Absolutely !

:)

Blessings,

Nikki

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I believe he's an idealogue; yes, his heart is American

Why do you believe his heart is American?

Why would I not? I reserve judgment until I see him doing something I consider unamerican. He has different beliefs than I, his ideology is far to the left of mine but....he's still an American regardless of some dumb bow.

Someone posted an article not too long ago - can't find it, though - but the writer made an interesting case for how and why Obama is "not one of us."

But considering how and where Obama was raised, it's hard to imagine where he could have gained a love and pride for America. I'm being serious. Can you give me something other than "give him a chance" that would give me reason to believe he truly is "one of us"?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I think for those who dislike him and his policies - it would be a nearly impossible task to give them a reason to validate him... I don't know that it can be done. :emot-hug:

Someone posted an article not too long ago - can't find it, though - but the writer made an interesting case for how and why Obama is "not one of us."

But considering how and where Obama was raised, it's hard to imagine where he could have gained a love and pride for America. I'm being serious. Can you give me something other than "give him a chance" that would give me reason to believe he truly is "one of us"?

Whom are you addressing, neb? :emot-hug:

I think for those who dislike him and his policies - it would be a nearly impossible task to give them a reason to validate him... I don't know that it can be done. :emot-hug:

I agree...think of our last President. He was vilified for being a 'cowboy' and acting unilaterally and then vilified for being a globalist who didn't do enough in the Middle East. Presidents can't win; regardless of the letter after their name. Those that are against this President aren't going to give him any credit either...for anything.

:emot-hug: But what reason is there to believe his heart is American? I'd never challenge this about Bill Clinton, as much as I didn't like his presidency and policies.

All I have seen from Obama is a hatred, or dislike if you prefer, for "the American way."

My evidence?

His "America apology tour"

The people he's chosen to associate with (Ayers, Wright, and the rest).

His policies seem to be aimed at bringing down capitalism.

So what evidence is there that his heart is American? What about "America" has he shown to be proud of and supportive of?

Edit to add: For the record, I'm not challenging this to cast stones. It's about having an honest evaluation of what we are dealing with - and praying for.

Edited by nebula

:emot-hug: But what reason is there to believe his heart is American? I'd never challenge this about Bill Clinton, as much as I didn't like his presidency and policies.

All I have seen from Obama is a hatred, or dislike if you prefer, for "the American way."

My evidence?

His "America apology tour"

The people he's chosen to associate with (Ayers, Wright, and the rest).

His policies seem to be aimed at bringing down capitalism.

So what evidence is there that his heart is American? What about "America" has he shown to be proud of and supportive of?

Edit to add: For the record, I'm not challenging this to cast stones. It's about having an honest evaluation of what we are dealing with - and praying for.

Well, I'll assume this post was addressed to me. I'm not sure what evidence I can give for my opinions. I'll consider the President as American as long as he acts like one. A lot of the things he's credited (or bashed) with are all hype anyway.