• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sherwood Church's Next Movie on Fatherhood

CBNNews.com

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Sherwood Baptist Church of Albany. Ga., the producers of the hit independent motion pictures "FireProof" and "Facing the Giants," have announced they will next focus their cameras on the subject of fatherhood.

Sherwood Pictures fourth movie is entitled "Courageous."

"Four fathers who are all in law enforcement-who protect and serve together-go through a terrible tragedy," Alex Kendrick, church minister said. "They begin looking at their role as fathers and they begin challenging one another to fulfill God's intention for fathers."

The producers said the idea for the new movie came through prayer.

"For more then a year we've prayed to be sure that we're pursuing God's idea and not our own," said Michael Catt, the church's senior pastor. "With action, drama, and humor, this film will embrace God's promise in the Bible to, turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers."

Read the rest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I am so glad they are making another movie. God is truly using this church in a big way.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Yay! I loved Fireproof. I watched Flywheel and didn't like it but still have yet to watch Facing the Giants.

i didn't like flywheel much either. ASC, have you seen "second chance"? it's by the same church. if i was to put them in order as to my favorites so far, it would probably be second chance, facing the giants, fireproof, flywheel. although really, second chance and facing the giants is a toss-up. but the acting was better in second chance.

i'm excited that they're making another movie, i can't wait to see it!

i didn't like flywheel much either. ASC, have you seen "second chance"? it's by the same church. if i was to put them in order as to my favorites so far, it would probably be second chance, facing the giants, fireproof, flywheel. although really, second chance and facing the giants is a toss-up. but the acting was better in second chance.

i'm excited that they're making another movie, i can't wait to see it!

YES! I just bought Second Chance and I really liked it. I like Michael W. Smith. Thought he did some great acting in that film. Good movie. My favorite though is Fireproof. :)

Do you think I'd like Facing the Giants if I don't like sports?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What did you not like about Flywheel? (I never saw it, so just wondering.)

Facing the Giants was a good movie to watch, but needed some tweeking, IMO. However it did have one powerful scene that really made the movie (when the coach proved to the new captain he could do it). The message of Facing the Giants is faith. If you need a lesson or encouragement in faith, it's a good one to learn from. As for the sports element, the story was more about the coach and his interactions with the players and others than it was the sport, so you don't need to worry about it.

As for Second Chance, I agree that was an excellent movie! But I have to bust the bubble. :) The movie was produced by Steve Taylor (a Christian music artist turned producer, probably most known now-days for producing several Newsboys albums, the ones that put them in the spotlight; he's produced several videos; Second Chance was his first movie production).

ASC, i'm not a sports person, but i loved it anyway!

nebula, really? i thought second chance was produced by the same church! but that does explain why the acting was superior to the others. but..... it's offered on the sherwood productions site just like the other three, so that's why i thought it was by the church. but then again, on the provident films site they have another movie now, and it's not by the church either. it's actually by a bunch of homeschooled kids. not so great acting, but awesome storyline, so the movie is worth buying. it's called come what may. heck, i'm looking on their site now and there are two more films listed that i've never seen.

oh, and why i didn't like flywheel... it was their first film, and nobody had figured out how to act. the story was so-so, but not good enough to make up for the pathetic acting.

I couldn't get past the bad cameras and acting in flywheel. It is a very low budget film and sadly it shows.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

Yay! I love Fireproof!

I kinda liked Flywheel it's just on such a low budget that it turns a lot of people off.... You can tell it is cheap. But i like it anyway :thumbsup: Only watched it like 6 times, hehe. (I make the most of every Christian movie!!)