Blien

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know my mind is in a real state of confusion right now. I don't know what is what.

By the way Mike. I'm in Canada not the US. Would have loved to live where you guys do but it's just not possible right now.

it sounds like it is time for you to sit back and ......

be silent and listen and wait......

spend as much time in a place where there is no distractions, not even a radio or TV playing.... just quiet

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Yeah.. I need to wait on God.. He will tell me which way to go.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Yeah.. I need to wait on God.. He will tell me which way to go.

I think that would be a good thing.... but do not shut out anything that comes along...

here is a true event in my life....

a number of years ago, a man in our congregation requested prayer almost every service that God would bring him a job....

this was going on for several months......

then one day, a friend of mine asked me if I knew anyone that was in need of work... I said I may have some one, so I got the details, and then went to this man that was requesting the prayer for a job, and told him about this, that it has not been posted in the news paper yet, so he would have first shot at it.... no experience, and no relocating, no tools required (at that time) will train, so forth and so on, and about 150% of minimum wage......

the man looked at me and told me ..."GOD DOES NOT WANT ME TO HAVE A JOB LIKE THAT"

the following service, he was asking for God to send a job his way.......

mike

So true. Like a man who was drowning in the sea and a boat came by and asked me if he needed help. The man replied "No thank you. God will save me." Then a second boat came by and asked "Do you need any help?" and the man replied, "No Thank You. God will Save me!"

So he drowned and when he was in Heaven he asked God "God why didn't you save me?" then God said "I sent you two boats you dummy!"

LOL.. I love that joke, but I always got to remember it. I'm naturally a picky person.. but now I just want any full time job that will pay the bills (and a little to keep me happy).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Blien, I know all too well the frustration of not knowing what to do with one's life. I've also done the tele-job thing (which I hated). I'm also Canadian!

Have you considered the Canadian Coast Guard? http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/ They provide training. It seems much less harsh than being in the military. I don't know anything about the Coast Guard but the website seems to have a lot of info, tho. I get seasick when there's a heavy dew on the lawn so life at sea isn't for me but maybe you'd be interested something like that.

Blien, I know all too well the frustration of not knowing what to do with one's life. I've also done the tele-job thing (which I hated). I'm also Canadian!

Have you considered the Canadian Coast Guard? http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/ They provide training. It seems much less harsh than being in the military. I don't know anything about the Coast Guard but the website seems to have a lot of info, tho. I get seasick when there's a heavy dew on the lawn so life at sea isn't for me but maybe you'd be interested something like that.

WOW!! What a great idea! I can't swim in the deep end of the pool (like cement shoes in a lake) but this looks awesome! I was seriously considering "Search and Rescue" jobs.. but this I never considered...

The qualifications look great too. I can probably fit in! And they are looking for new recruits! Seriously looking into it. Thanks!!!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blien, If you are seriously considering this, talk to someone who has served or is serving.

Blessings Blien, I agree with MG. I believe The Last Rebel Soldier, could answer many of your questions. Send him a message and check out some of his post and topics..jot

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Find something you enjoy, and start your own business. I understand that you're quite handy with computers brother Blien, that would be a good business to get into.

good idea!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

WOW!! What a great idea! I can't swim in the deep end of the pool (like cement shoes in a lake) but this looks awesome! I was seriously considering "Search and Rescue" jobs.. but this I never considered...

The qualifications look great too. I can probably fit in! And they are looking for new recruits! Seriously looking into it. Thanks!!!!!

I'm glad I could help! :huh:

Edited by Easter-ner

A question:

What about the Reserves?