• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Anyone seen the documentary movie "The Cross" by Arthur Blessit? God spoke to him in I think 1968 and told him to build a 12 foot cross and carry it around the world, telling people about Jesus. It took him 40 years to do it, but when he finished, he made a documentary out of it.

I saw it when it first came out in my town,and it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen-I cried and cried at how awesome and powerful God is, and the amazing experiences Arthur had as he went to every single nation in the world, spreading the Good News.

Anyway, it's now out on DVD, and I just bought it and am about to watch it. Anyone else seen it? What did you think about the movie?

If God spoke to YOU, telling you to do something similar, would you do it? Would your faith be that strong?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

According to the movie "W." about George Bush.. they say that he (Aurthur) met him when he was young and helped him (Bush) make a saving decision for Christ... if I remember the movie correctly.

Anyway, never seen Aurthur's movie but I did hear about it. Thanks for your review, I'll check it out.

According to the movie "W." about George Bush.. they say that he (Aurthur) met him when he was young and helped him (Bush) make a saving decision for Christ... if I remember the movie correctly.

Anyway, never seen Aurthur's movie but I did hear about it. Thanks for your review, I'll check it out.

Yes, I do remember that part of the movie. He spoke of the whole experience with Bush, and mentions that he still prays for him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Yes, I do remember that part of the movie. He spoke of the whole experience with Bush, and mentions that he still prays for him.

Hi saved; No I haven't seen the movie, but I'd like too. Here is Cincinnati, they avoid Christian movies like the plague, I have to travel about 2 hours north to Beavercreek to see anything like that. But now this is out on DVD, I might just get a copy. Thanks

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I met him in the late 70's in a small town in Mass as he was walking through the town. He talked that evening at the youth center. After that, I was interested in his journey for a little while but lost track of him in the early 80's. I have not seen the whole movie, just bits and pieces of it.

Hi saved; No I haven't seen the movie, but I'd like too. Here is Cincinnati, they avoid Christian movies like the plague, I have to travel about 2 hours north to Beavercreek to see anything like that. But now this is out on DVD, I might just get a copy. Thanks

It just came out a few days ago, and is not out in stores yet-you have to order it from the website actually. Not sure if we're allowed to post links to other sites here, but you can google "Arthur Blessit, The Cross DVD" or something like that and find it that way.

I met him in the late 70's in a small town in Mass as he was walking through the town. He talked that evening at the youth center. After that, I was interested in his journey for a little while but lost track of him in the early 80's. I have not seen the whole movie, just bits and pieces of it.

Wow! That is so awesome! He came through my city in 1972....I would have loved to meet him and carry that cross a few feet!

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I think I remember seeing this guy years ago.