• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I just received this in an email this morning.. it may give you a good insight! It sure encouraged me!

---------------

"They all met together and were constantly united in prayer, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, several other women, and the brothers of Jesus." Acts 1:14

James was a converted, skeptical relative of Jesus. What a testimony that is to the transforming resurrection power of Jesus Christ, and to the power of prayer. I believe Jesus prayed for His family, and you ought to pray for your family, too. You know, you can do something in prayer that you can't do when you are with your family in person. When you're there, you can say things and they'll quit hearing what you're saying because they don't want to hear it; but they can't stop what you pray! They can stop you from saying things, but they can't stop you from praying things. You can begin to pray, "Lord, I pray for my Aunt, Uncle, Son, Daughter, Grandchild (fill in the blank), and I ask You, Lord, to give them a sudden desire for You."

It's a lot like what you would see if you were watching a war. You would watch the missiles being launched from a submarine hundreds of miles from the target in the middle of the sea. There can be three houses standing in a row with the middle house being the target, and the bomb will hit precisely the middle house. It is even designed so that the surrounding houses aren't harmed! It's called precision bombing.

Prayer destroys spiritual strongholds that the enemy has in people's lives. The enemy has his bunker, and he's hunkered down in there terrorizing people... and then we start praying. "Lord, they're held captive by the enemy. Lord, would You please bring them to the place that they desire You?" The bomb's been launched, it hits its target, and your relatives don't even know what happened. God happened! The Lord happened! They think, "Why do I keep thinking about the Lord? Why do I think I might need Him? I need a Bible!" Wow! You've just got to pray and not stop.

When you have a couple of people praying with you, you know what that does? Jesus says that He wants us to agree in prayer. Get several missiles launched, and see what prayer does. You see, God has chosen to work with us in prayer for the salvation of people. Use your weapons! Use your spiritual weapons.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1978

I just received this in an email this morning.. it may give you a good insight! It sure encouraged me!

---------------

"They all met together and were constantly united in prayer, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, several other women, and the brothers of Jesus." Acts 1:14

James was a converted, skeptical relative of Jesus. What a testimony that is to the transforming resurrection power of Jesus Christ, and to the power of prayer. I believe Jesus prayed for His family, and you ought to pray for your family, too. You know, you can do something in prayer that you can't do when you are with your family in person. When you're there, you can say things and they'll quit hearing what you're saying because they don't want to hear it; but they can't stop what you pray! They can stop you from saying things, but they can't stop you from praying things. You can begin to pray, "Lord, I pray for my Aunt, Uncle, Son, Daughter, Grandchild (fill in the blank), and I ask You, Lord, to give them a sudden desire for You."

It's a lot like what you would see if you were watching a war. You would watch the missiles being launched from a submarine hundreds of miles from the target in the middle of the sea. There can be three houses standing in a row with the middle house being the target, and the bomb will hit precisely the middle house. It is even designed so that the surrounding houses aren't harmed! It's called precision bombing.

Prayer destroys spiritual strongholds that the enemy has in people's lives. The enemy has his bunker, and he's hunkered down in there terrorizing people... and then we start praying. "Lord, they're held captive by the enemy. Lord, would You please bring them to the place that they desire You?" The bomb's been launched, it hits its target, and your relatives don't even know what happened. God happened! The Lord happened! They think, "Why do I keep thinking about the Lord? Why do I think I might need Him? I need a Bible!" Wow! You've just got to pray and not stop.

When you have a couple of people praying with you, you know what that does? Jesus says that He wants us to agree in prayer. Get several missiles launched, and see what prayer does. You see, God has chosen to work with us in prayer for the salvation of people. Use your weapons! Use your spiritual weapons.

Wow this was awesome, thanks for sharing this. :huh:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Nobody can give you a time span for praying. For me, I pray when and as long as the Spirit moves me to pray. When I have a personal request, I ask, but I do not partition.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I thought it was, but let me research it again ,and get back with you.

Thanks Shiloh :group-hug:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

---------------

Wow this was awesome, thanks for sharing this. :)

No Problem buddy! If you'd like to receive these emails like I do go to www.calvaryphx.com and sign up for "grace mail" on the left hand side. :laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Hello everyone, :)

I was wondering how long do we pray for people who are caught up in sin and don't want to leave it? Or those who are leading sinful lives and never want to come to Christ? I ask because I have been praying for someone for years about coming to Christ and getting saved but nothing has happened yet? I've heard that it is a sin to pray for the same things over and over again from a Minister at my Church, but the Bible says to pray without ceasing. I'm so confused here can someone help me? :emot-hug:

I agree with the others-your minister is completely wrong, and has no scripture to back up what he is claiming. Remember the parable of the persistant widow? I'd follow that!

I have a story to share that may be encouraging to you. A friend of mine told me that she got saved, and she kept praying every day that her husband would be saved too. She truly wanted him to go to church with her, pray with her, etc. But it was just not happening.

Years and years went by, and she cried out to God to let her know why her husband had not gotten saved-what was she doing wrong? She was praying and praying every day and night! Her friends were praying too! What was the problem?

Well, God revealed to her that she was praying for the wrong reasons! He told her that her reasons for wanting her husband saved were selfish...she wanted someone to go to church with her, to pray for her, to study the Bible with her, etc. etc.........it was purely selfish reasons in God's eyes!

She asked forgiveness and repented. She then started praying that God would save her husband to use Him as a worker in His Kingdom!

Immediately after that, he got saved! He is now a deacon and Bible teacher in the church!

I am not trying to imply that you are asking for their salvation for the wrong reasons at all-but the story just came to my mind when I saw your post and I thought I would tell it to you. I find it very encouraging because I have been praying for my husband's salvation for 2 years now,and I always have to remind myself to pray for the his salvation for the glory of God, rather than me just wanting to have someone to go to church with, study and pray with, etc.