gozreht

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am hoping I am in the right place for this one. I have polls on my blogs to get people's opinions. Not because I need the answers but because I want to hear from people. Part of who I am is studying those around me so I can be a better witness and teacher. So if you are interested please go to the sites below to help. If you are not interested then that's okay too. I hope if you go you enjoy the things you may read as well and you are welcomed to comment on any of them.

New polls are up and running until the until the end of the year.

www.ideasoftim.blogspot.comWhat are your thoughts on Christmas?

www.ideasoftimreligion.blogspot.comWhich of the following can demons do in today's world?

www.ideasoftimbible.blogspot.comIs Water Baptism necessary for salvation?

Thanks and take care,

Tim

Edited by gozreht

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Just a suggestion for your site. You should allow for horizontal scroll bar to the bottom of your page. I had to change the resolution of my monitor to view the results of your first poll.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blessings Gozreht,

I choose "What are your thoughts on Christmas."

It's a great time of the year, celebrating my Savior's birthday. A great time for family to get together to enjoy and discuss the blessings God has given us. And what have we done to show our thankfulness to Him during the year. Christ is all about, love, fellowship and unity. But mostly, how He has impacted our lives and to try to encourage those who haven't accepted Him to do so. I have found, with this much love together, many souls has been delivered.

Now the downfall that has cause this great day to be watered down:

Many people will go in debt buying things, things and more things. Some are still suffering from over spending last year and looking under ever rock so that they can get the "it gift" of the year. It sadden me that most kids can't even tell you, no more information than, it Jesus birthday, and in a other breath... can I get, can I have..

I am passing a tradition on to my grandkids. They have to tell me, 'What does Christmas Mean To Them', along with a bible verse backing it up, before any gifts are open. It may seen that this takes the joy out of the season, but it's Jesus Who's suppose to be in it any way. But the joy returns as the little ones hears our cheers and claps, as they attempts to spread the word of the Lord....jotful

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

I am hoping I am in the right place for this one. I have polls on my blogs to get people's opinions. Not because I need the answers but because I want to hear from people. Part of who I am is studying those around me so I can be a better witness and teacher. So if you are interested please go to the sites below to help. If you are not interested then that's okay too. I hope if you go you enjoy the things you may read as well and you are welcomed to comment on any of them.

www.ideasoftimreligion.blogspot.comWhich of the following can demons do in today's world?

Thanks and take care,

Tim

Cool! I love polls!

As for my thoughts on Christmas, I voted "other". No one knows when the birthday of Jesus is,and if He wanted us to celebrate His birth, He would have told us to. Instead, He wants us to "remember His death and resurrection" as we take Communion. And after learning about the pagan roots of Christmas, I just don't have anything to do with it unless it is to find more ways to help the needy on that day. As for the decorating, Christmas trees, etc....it totally disgusts me. I can't stand commercialized holidays, especially a day that is supposed to glorify Jesus, but instead, is a greedy holiday for stores to make more money. Last year I celebrated Hannakah and bought a Menorah, but that didn't feel right either. So I just don't know. All I know is that I do not want to have anything to do with a holiday that has pagan roots that celebrated the birth of some "sun god", even if Constantine did try to convert it into a Christian holiday by claiming that it was the birth of Jesus Christ,even though there is no indication of that being in the Bible anywhere.

As for the demon one.....yes, I know that demons can possess the unsaved, and they can oppress Christians, and can probably harm people physically too, like how Job was harmed. Only good comes from God, so it only makes sense that bad comes from Satan and his demons.

Not real sure on the water baptism one though, because of the thief on the cross who Jesus said would be in Heaven with Him. I've been baptized 3 times myself...once when I was a kid and my parents forced me. The next time, I was saved, but then backslid for 25 years, and then the next was when I rededicated my life to Jesus. That is probably very wrong to do, but God knows my heart, and He knows that I just wanted to do it right, for the right reasons, and not because I was forced.

Anyway-keep the polls coming! I enjoy them!

Just a suggestion for your site. You should allow for horizontal scroll bar to the bottom of your page. I had to change the resolution of my monitor to view the results of your first poll.

How do you do that? I am 39 and starting to become obsolete in this world. I always dreaded the day that technology would pass me up! I will mess around with the site and see if I can do that for you. Thanks for the suggestion.

Blessings Gozreht,

I choose "What are your thoughts on Christmas."

It's a great time of the year, celebrating my Savior's birthday. A great time for family to get together to enjoy and discuss the blessings God has given us. And what have we done to show our thankfulness to Him during the year. Christ is all about, love, fellowship and unity. But mostly, how He has impacted our lives and to try to encourage those who haven't accepted Him to do so. I have found, with this much love together, many souls has been delivered.

Now the downfall that has cause this great day to be watered down:

Many people will go in debt buying things, things and more things. Some are still suffering from over spending last year and looking under ever rock so that they can get the "it gift" of the year. It sadden me that most kids can't even tell you, no more information than, it Jesus birthday, and in a other breath... can I get, can I have..

I am passing a tradition on to my grandkids. They have to tell me, 'What does Christmas Mean To Them', along with a bible verse backing it up, before any gifts are open. It may seen that this takes the joy out of the season, but it's Jesus Who's suppose to be in it any way. But the joy returns as the little ones hears our cheers and claps, as they attempts to spread the word of the Lord....jotful

Thanks for the comments and testimony. This is exactly why I do the polls. Now I have some inside thought and I can comment so that people will understand what the truth is. I have a friend who comments as "No Doubt" on my site that says Christmas has been so distorted by even Christians that the meaning behind it is actually lost. He has some comments I am sure he will post once the poll is closed on Dec 31. We argue all the time :emot-hug: . I say it still has meaning. He says since it's not even his real birthday then we shouldn't celebrate it then. It will be interesting to see what he says.

Thanks and take care,

Tim

Cool! I love polls!

As for my thoughts on Christmas, I voted "other". No one knows when the birthday of Jesus is,and if He wanted us to celebrate His birth, He would have told us to. Instead, He wants us to "remember His death and resurrection" as we take Communion. And after learning about the pagan roots of Christmas, I just don't have anything to do with it unless it is to find more ways to help the needy on that day. As for the decorating, Christmas trees, etc....it totally disgusts me. I can't stand commercialized holidays, especially a day that is supposed to glorify Jesus, but instead, is a greedy holiday for stores to make more money. Last year I celebrated Hannakah and bought a Menorah, but that didn't feel right either. So I just don't know. All I know is that I do not want to have anything to do with a holiday that has pagan roots that celebrated the birth of some "sun god", even if Constantine did try to convert it into a Christian holiday by claiming that it was the birth of Jesus Christ,even though there is no indication of that being in the Bible anywhere.

As for the demon one.....yes, I know that demons can possess the unsaved, and they can oppress Christians, and can probably harm people physically too, like how Job was harmed. Only good comes from God, so it only makes sense that bad comes from Satan and his demons.

Not real sure on the water baptism one though, because of the thief on the cross who Jesus said would be in Heaven with Him. I've been baptized 3 times myself...once when I was a kid and my parents forced me. The next time, I was saved, but then backslid for 25 years, and then the next was when I rededicated my life to Jesus. That is probably very wrong to do, but God knows my heart, and He knows that I just wanted to do it right, for the right reasons, and not because I was forced.

Are you "No Doubt"? :emot-hug: I really appreciated these comments. Again these are the things I use to teach. When the poll is closed make sure you stop by and comment there too. I have about 50 followers locally that love to hear these things.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Thanks and take care,

Tim

Cool! I love polls!

Are you "No Doubt"? :emot-hug: I really appreciated these comments. Again these are the things I use to teach. When the poll is closed make sure you stop by and comment there too. I have about 50 followers locally that love to hear these things.

No doubt? Is that someone's nickname on your site? Either way, no it's not me. I have not signed up at your site. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

How do you do that? I am 39 and starting to become obsolete in this world. I always dreaded the day that technology would pass me up! I will mess around with the site and see if I can do that for you. Thanks for the suggestion.

You being the admin of the site need to allow for them to be used. If you did not program the site through code, see if the admin page has a check box for this ability. Some sites that are "self designed" types using their software has a help system included.

One Light,

I can not see a place on the page that lets me do what you asked. It is not a self-made page. They give me certain things I can add but that is not one of them. I hope that will not distract you or cause you not to participate any. Thanks for trying to help make them more appealing.

Tim