• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

And the question still goes unanswered -

What if the prisoner injured himself?

May I ask what injuries you are talking of? According to the most recent article posted here, he claim he was punched in the stomach. How can one have injuries from that?

The only "injury" I heard reported was a bloody lip.

bruising? broken rib? bruised kidneys? ruptured spleen? bruised sternum?

Technically a punch or two to the gut could be more dangerous than a punch in the mouth.

But were those injuries reported?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings, Axxman

You asked me why I don't place faith in their innocence

Well, actually what I asked was "Why not place faith in the Seals innocence until proven guilty in a court?

which is a big difference.

and you asked, "Based on what"?

Innocent until proven guilty, actually, is more than a concept; it is a legal presumption and principle that is guaranteed under

American Constitutional law, which guarantees the accused innocence until proven guilty in a court proceedings.

The only mistake here is being made by someone who refuses to accept an honest explanation of my words

I don't think it's a matter of someone refusing to accept what you have said, Axxman....

but, rather, I think it is a responsibility to confront conflicting comments in your previous posts which appear to deviate from this very basic longstanding Constitutional

principle and guarantee;

and since you have made those comments, it makes you fair game and subject to ask you for an explanation and clarification of those comments and where you stand.

I'm sorry, but this petition isn't about supporting the institution of the Navy Seals, or the US Military.

I support all facets if the US military, I'll sign a petition of support for the Navy Seals.

That is not the mission or the intent of this petition and you know that.

This petition is an effort to stop the legal process.

The Military drops charges all the time, sometimes for lack of evidence...

sometimes to protect National Security (which is apparently an issue in this case)...either way the legal process goes on.

And trust me...I don't think for one second that the military cares one iota about some random petition on gopetition.com...lol,

but that is hardly the issue.

I am not going to sign a petition that seeks to avoid that truth in light of the fact that so far the US Military's investigation allegedly shows otherwise.

Well you still didn't answer my question....and

I never said the petition was about supporting the "institution of the Navy Seals", so I don't know where you get that from?

You seem to think the court marshall proceeding will be circumvented because of signing a petition, and the truth will be

kept from coming out. These accused Navy Seals themselves choose to have the court marshall so the truth will come out to prove their

innocence and the proceedings will go forth with or without a petition to stop it. This pokes full of holes your idea of circumventing the process with signing a petition. Indeed the court marshall proceeding is still

ongoing inspite of the petition, which is further verification that your idea of circumvention is nonsense.

so far the US Military's investigation allegedly shows otherwise.

But so far, only one side of the story has been shown to the public. That being the allegations. Based upon an AlQaeda terrorist's word. You are still basing your decision

on a one-sided one. Either way, it's not my concern whether you sign the petition and it never has been. My concerns, which are innocent until proven guilty guaranteed under Constitution law principle have already

been set forth.

I'm not telling you to take the word of the terrorist...I'm not even doing that.

I am, however, inclined to take the word of the US Military who conducted a legal investigation into the matter and are alleging that these men attempted to hinder the investigation and lied during the investigation into whether or not a detainee was abused.

You are however, taking the word of an investigatator who took the word of an AlQaeda terrorist. Whether you cut down a tree, or chop down a tree,

it's all the same. And so far, the government has not provided any evidence to support its prosecution, so I don't know what

you are basing your "inclination" on. It's all conjecture from your point of view.

Nikki

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I think it is sickening that these men, who put their lives on the line a lot more then any of us can ever realize unless they themselves have been a seal, are being trialed for punching a terrorist. So what! What is the deal here? How many here that think they should be on trial know what the Seals do for a living ... I mean really know? I know I don't, but I do know some Seals, and from the little they speak of, this is like being found guilty of not cleaning their barracks because a speck of dust was found on a white glove.

This makes me ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

When do alleged violations of the law become big deals when they reach the scale of Abu Ghraib, Mai Lai? What is wrong with a policy of no-tolerance?

What policy is that? Never hear of that in a war before ... :cool:

no tolerance of violations of the rules of engagement. Soldiers are subject to restrictions on their behaviour even in combat situations.

I see, you have them guilty without trial because a mass murderer said he received a fat lip unjustly? I can see you are sitting very cozy in the comfort of your home, given to you by those who gave their lives so you can enjoy the freedoms you have, yet you see fit to accuse the same group of breaking a rule that has not yet been proven. Where is your justice in doing this?

I've not found anyone guilty, my point is that only a trial can establish these men's innocence or guilt. The justice in making sure that all are equal before the law.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

That's why you need a trial to answer such questions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

been done before..... false statements from the prisoners..... like axxman said, they would not be in this situation had they not done their jobs right. if they had done them wrong, there would be no allegations, only one more grave from a prisoner that tried to escape..... as it is, they were doing what was right, and brought him in alive, and only used what force what was needed to bring him in.... not even excessive force. who knows, the guy might have just triped over a rock....

There was once a marine, that some how or another, fell down a ladder that went from one deck to another on a ship.

really funny though, the thefts that had been going on all of a sudden stopped..

Physical contact during WAR... duhhh, no more hand to hand? can not shoot the enemy, might wound them instead of killing them. it is no longer politically correct to use required force to detain an enemy soldier......

get the pansies out of office and out of the courts......

GET THE BLASTED NEWS MEDIA OUT OF THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

During Desert Storm, the News Media was giving away our troop movement and positions over world wide TV..... " I can't tell you where we are, but if you look behind me, you can see these buildings and.........."

LET OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS DO THEIR JOBS........