• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

Please review what i have written then give me suggestions to make it better. thanks.

CHAPTER ONE

Its interesting really, how this played out. How this horrible thing they called my life is coming to an end at the hand of the person I have hated most of my life. And the fact that she is doing it as slowly as possible makes me hate her more.

If that is possible.

Her name was Morgaln. She is of the darkness of the Order. My name is Galiance. Well, I guess that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Not bad. In some places it's a bit too descriptive, and in others, not enough.

You took lots of time to describe the table where everyone is eating but not enough on the wife and daughters for me to care about them. It seems you are cramming a liitle background in, just to get to the action part. Flesh it out a little.

My 2 cents. :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

hi Gg, i thought it was quite good and still do, but wyguy`s comments made me look closer and i agree with him.

I will add that your last comment does not say you lost all that you loved, but all that you had. You might want to think about that in the light of wyguys comments.

On a side note but still related i feel i will share an insight with you I learned from going through a 12 step programme for addictions.

We were asked to write down our lives up to this point. We each then read them out and unbeknown to us we were being assessed by the amount of feeling we showed in our stories. Almost everyone had written factual accounts with little feeling about the events in their lives. Our mentor went on to say that those who could not get in touch with their feeling did not stay sober or get healed.

I can verify this as i stayed in touch with some of the others and they could not see what our mentor was saying and despite claims of being free they all soon lasped into their addictions.

Not saying this has a personal application for you, but it may help in your story writing.

God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ditto the above.

No need to rush the chapter. Draw us into the story of your character's lifethrough tales rather than descriptions. Present the story of the family. Let the reader get to know the family, that way we will feel the loss right with the character. Personal interactions are what really make a story come alive.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/10/1992

Ditto the above.

No need to rush the chapter. Draw us into the story of your character's lifethrough tales rather than descriptions. Present the story of the family. Let the reader get to know the family, that way we will feel the loss right with the character. Personal interactions are what really make a story come alive.

I agree. I love to write and desciption is key. Background sets the scene and puts the reader in it, but knowing the family and their background lets the reader feel like he/she is part of the situation, lets the reader dive deep into the story and problems. I'd love to read more though! Great start!!