IGNORED

How long past the Seventh day was the Fall?

Bold Believer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Has anyone ever given thought to just how long past the Seventh day that the Fall occurred? It could answer a LOT of questions the evolutionists come up with.

I just read the beginning of Chapter 3 and there is no mention of how long a span of time occurred between the Seventh Day of rest and the Fall of Adam. IF (and I say if) there was an extremely long period of time, it would account for the millions of years the evos keep coming with, yet not give credit to evolution, which we know is foolishness.

I believe the earth was created in a mature state (i.e.: all of the animals and Adam full grown), so perhaps the planet was created in a mature state as well, making things seem older than they truly are.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Has anyone ever given thought to just how long past the Seventh day that the Fall occurred? It could answer a LOT of questions the evolutionists come up with.

I just read the beginning of Chapter 3 and there is no mention of how long a span of time occurred between the Seventh Day of rest and the Fall of Adam. IF (and I say if) there was an extremely long period of time, it would account for the millions of years the evos keep coming with, yet not give credit to evolution, which we know is foolishness.

I believe the earth was created in a mature state (i.e.: all of the animals and Adam full grown), so perhaps the planet was created in a mature state as well, making things seem older than they truly are.

Well, Eve did have a children after the fall. If the span as millions of years, then she sure went a long time without having kids ????? Doesn't make sense either. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

a lot of speculation.....

I believe that we were not suppose to work, God was serving us, as a wonderful host. God was taking care of us.

I have wondered if we are actually on the "7th" day of creation..... but then again, it is just speculation....

Adam was 963 years old. but does that time begin from the day he was brought to life? or from the day he was expelled from Eden? being he was already full grown when created, and while he was in Eden, he did not age......

just questions that will remain unanswered until later ( and that may not be that far down the line)

it is fun to have these conversations, but there is not anything that actually says one way or other....... (not that I have found in the Word)

story time.......

a couple years ago, a few scientist found two bodies mummified in close to the Euphrates River. upon close examination they have determined them to be Adam and Eve.

now, just how did they come to the conclusion that these two bodies were Adam and Eve??

Carbon dating? naaa, not accurate enough....

could it be that they were not born, they would not have an appendix? or a "Belly Button"

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Unfortunately the Bible doesn't give us this information. We just have to deal with Evolution based on what we do know from God's Word.

What we do know is that Adam was 130 when Seth was born and we know Cain and Abel were born prior to Seth. We know Seth was concieved after Cain killed Abel and they must of been mature young men when this happened. OK that is the best I can do for you.

GE 5:3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. 4 After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. 5 Altogether, Adam lived 930 years, and then he died.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I believe that we were not suppose to work, God was serving us, as a wonderful host. God was taking care of us.

I have wondered if we are actually on the "7th" day of creation..... but then again, it is just speculation....

Adam was 963 years old. but does that time begin from the day he was brought to life? or from the day he was expelled from Eden? being he was already full grown when created, and while he was in Eden, he did not age......

just questions that will remain unanswered until later ( and that may not be that far down the line)

it is fun to have these conversations, but there is not anything that actually says one way or other....... (not that I have found in the Word)

story time.......

a couple years ago, a few scientist found two bodies mummified in close to the Euphrates River. upon close examination they have determined them to be Adam and Eve.

now, just how did they come to the conclusion that these two bodies were Adam and Eve??

could it be that they were not born, they would not have an appendix? or a "Belly Button"

mike

Adam only lived to 930 years, where does 963 come from?

As for science discovering Adam and Eve, I'm a sceptic, but the information about the "Eve Gene" is fascinating.

So how long did Adam and Eve last? We can never be sure. If it were me, minutes maybe.... If you believe there were no animal death pre fall, you also have to take into account the very short life spans of some animals. Some insects only live for days.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

story time.......

mike

As for science discovering Adam and Eve, I'm a sceptic, but the information about the "Eve Gene" is fascinating.

So how long did Adam and Eve last? We can never be sure. If it were me, minutes maybe.... If you believe there were no animal death pre fall, you also have to take into account the very short life spans of some animals. Some insects only live for days.

Death entered into the world with the revelation of sin, there was no death at all pre-fall. Somehow the thought that the Fall occurred on the eighth day just doesn't seem to sit right. I doubt it was exceptionally long, but the earth being created mature, when death entered, decay began to set in. If the terrain features were created at full maturity, they might appear older than they literally are. (For example, humanly speaking: A person is a habitual smoker and drinker. Let's say they're 30. All of the smoking and drinking affects the skin and body, so the person appears older because of decay.)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

story time.......

mike

Gen.2:15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him in the garden of Eden to dress and keep it.( Italics added)

Many scholars are of the opinion that God knew that the only way to keep man's body happy and healthy was to provide it with work.

The structure of our bodies demands movement, and that being so, God provided Adam from the start with purposeful movement, i.e. work.

I think this is verified later on when Adam's punishment includes strenuous work and thorns and thistles plaguing his efforts, inferring that while in the garden his work would be joyful and unhindered.

Work keeps man's body happy, God keeps man's spirit happy.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

story time.......

mike

sorry bout that, going off of memory for his age, still, when did his days start? from the day he had life breathed into him, or from the day of exile....

as for the story, that is just what it is, a story, a riddle.....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Didn't the fall of Adam end the sabbath - the seventh day?:

"... And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." (Gen 3:17-19).

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What difference does it make? Evolutionaries minds won't be changed. And there are no new ideas under the sun. Let's not indulge them, just remind them that they are believing a lie and leave them to their own devices (not individuals but the group).