~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Can someone explain how one can blaspheme the holy spirit?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is speaking out against the Holy Spirit and His ministry see this over in Matthew 12:31-32, Luke 12:10

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

ok, first off i think it is very important we in no way insult the Holy Spirit (or any part of the Godhead for that matter)

but this is how i personally learned about it, that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to attribute the power of God to satan, as the pharisees did when they accused Jesus of casting out demons by satan's power.

But this by no means that this is the only way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

ok, first off i think it is very important we in no way insult the Holy Spirit (or any part of the Godhead for that matter)

but this is how i personally learned about it, that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to attribute the power of God to satan, as the pharisees did when they accused Jesus of casting out demons by satan's power.

But this by no means that this is the only way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

That is what I thought too. But my dad told me that it means to promote evil things knowing that they are evil. ??

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

This is a source that is an excellent explanation of what Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit means and is.

http://www.soundofgrace.com/piper84/040184m.htm

The unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an act of resistance which belittles the Holy Spirit so grievously that he withdraws for ever with his convicting power so that we are never able to repent and be forgiven.

I think it will be helpful in outlining what it means to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Guest shiloh357

First of all, no Christian can blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rooted in unbelief, thus precluding a Christian from committing it.

The only people in the Bible who committed that sin were unbelievers. There is NO record in Scripture of a Christian committing that sin, and there are no warnings to Christians in any of the epistles about that sin.

Blasphemy is an act of conscious defiance against God. To Blaspheme the Holy Spirit is a conscious and deliberate attempt to defame and injure the Holy Spirit's reputation. What's more, it is done in full knowledge of the truth.

I said that it is rooted in unbelief because it stems from a irretrievably, delibrate impenitent heart, which is also why it cannot be forgiven. The heart of a person engaged in this sin is characterized by a stubborn, unreprentent, wicked heart that will not seek forgiveness, and that is why it is unpardonable.

The only time the sin was committed was during the earthly ministry of Jesus and applies only to the context of casting out of demons. The Pharisees who were Jesus' enemies accused Jesus of operating by the power of the prince of demons AND accused Jesus of being indwelt by the prince of demons, therefore, accusing the Holy Spirit of being a demon.

This was done in full knowledge of the truth. Jesus' enemies knew JHe was operating under the power of the Holy Spirit, but they were so wicked and so completely given over to that wickedness, they deliberately defamed the Holy Spirit in order to discredit Jesus' ministry.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This is what Dr. Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries has to say about it: Reference Matthew 12:22-32.

You cannot commit an unpardonable sin. I receive many letters from people who believe they have. They feel guilt over adultery, murder, doubt, or some other mistake. But the one sin Jesus said would not be forgiven was unique to His time on earth.

The Pharisees witnessed the power Jesus had to heal and perform other miracles. They also heard Him speak with authority consistent of the Messiah. But these religious leaders were less concerned about truth than the threat to their supremacy. They tried to undermine Jesus' ministry by accusing Him of working in Satan's power.

Jesus challenged the Pharisees' blasphemy: "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him." (v. 32) The Pharisees' defiant rejection of the Holy Spirit's work and power was the unforgivable sin.

Their biblical knowledge

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

My understanding is,

Claiming to be speaking by the Holy Spirit while knowing full well we are not, i.e deliberate intention to mislead while claiming it is the very words of the Holy Spirit.

Although Annias and Sapphira did not claim to be speaking by the Holy Spirit they did know the seriousness of lying to the church and the Holy Spirit was there in a very strong way in those early days since Pentecost.

Imo its not unpardonable to make mistakes and be wrong even when we genuinely thought we were right, it is unpardonable to deliberatley mislead others in Gods name.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This is what Dr. Charles Stanley of In Touch Ministries has to say about it: Reference Matthew 12:22-32.

You cannot commit an unpardonable sin. I receive many letters from people who believe they have. They feel guilt over adultery, murder, doubt, or some other mistake. But the one sin Jesus said would not be forgiven was unique to His time on earth.

But no unpardonable sin exists today. Every offense that can be committed is covered by Christ's atoning sacrifice.

Everybody wants to hear this...too bad it isn't true.

1 John 5:16 NIV

If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

This passage wasn't written when Jesus was on the earth in bodily form. The enemy is cursed and this world is cursed because of the enemy. If you decide to go to the enemy's camp and blasphemy Jesus Christ, betray Jesus Christ. Woe to the man that betrays Jesus Christ. Many people even so called christians are betraying Jesus Christ. Most even know when they have done it.. Look at Judas, he even repented and he lost his mind and committed suicide. If you decide to follow the footsteps of Judas...there is no hope and you will reap what you sow. Satan has been a liar from the beginning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a very eternal consequence.

Denying Jesus Christ is not good but betraying Jesus Christ is a terrible, unforgivable, decision.