Press Forward

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

If you talk about the curse on the non believing jewish people...your labeled a jew hater....but my question still never gets answered....Why didn't the Jews believe the Jews? If he would have been a Gentile..it is easy to understand their hate for him...but he was a jew..

Miracle after Miracle, Angels visiting Jews and telling them Jesus was here and on the way...much supernatural activity...Angels showing up for the resurrection...

Then to really slap them in the face...Jesus Supernatural raises up Paul a Jew...a christian hater and murderer...and he is a follower of Jesus Christ....

It really is hard to understand ...don't jews trust jews...

I mean Mary was a jew...a blessed highly favored woman of God...I mean reading it in the Holy Word......you can't help to wonder...what were they thinking?

What would have it taken to get them to believe in Jesus? They asked for signs and he did miracle after miracle...They put soldiers at the tomb and he still rose...he attended funerals and he brought people back to life...I know the bible says they were envious of Jesus..but why...he was one of them..a jew..why were't they proud of him?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

There are a few reasons i know of...

first of their hearts were hardened, they did not believe because of their hard heartedness.

Another big reason is they expected, and pretty muich demenaded that the Christ come and violently epell the romans from their land, which he did not do.

They did not expect the messiah to be God or the Son of God so this took them by surprise.

And i am sure there is more that the more educated members can tell you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Actually, many Jews did believe Him. The first, what we would term Christian believers, were all Jewish. :thumbsup:

However, I would contend that Abraham himself was a Christian, in the modern sense of the Word. He simply believed God and it was accounted to Him for Righteousness. :noidea:

The Word say's this;

Ro

Guest shiloh357
If you talk about the curse on the non believing jewish people...your labeled a jew hater....
There is no curse on the Jewish people. Treating the Jewish people as the emblem of God's contempt is anti-Semitism. The Church has tried to curse the Jews, but when Jesus was on the cross, He said, "Father forgive them; they know not what they do." Jesus forgave them and did not curse them. It the arrogance of Gentile Christians that has tried project their hatred of the Jews on to God and create some mythical curse.

but my question still never gets answered....Why didn't the Jews believe the Jews? If he would have been a Gentile..it is easy to understand their hate for him...but he was a jew..
Well, if you bother to read the New Testament, it was the Jewish leaders who hated Jesus because He was perceived as a threat to their positions of authority given to them by Rome. The last thing these leaders wanted was a Messiah. In fact, there is evidence from the NT that they knew who Jesus was, and it made them hate him all the more. These were wicked men who had only their interests at heart.

Furthermore, if you read the NT, you will note that the multitudes followed Jesus. The multitudes that did follow Jesus were so large, the Jewish leadership had to put Jesus on trial in secret for fear they would by lynched by the people, as the people considered Jesus a prophet.

Miracle after Miracle, Angels visiting Jews and telling them Jesus was here and on the way...much supernatural activity...Angels showing up for the resurrection...

Then to really slap them in the face...Jesus Supernatural raises up Paul a Jew...a christian hater and murderer...and he is a follower of Jesus Christ....

I mean Mary was a jew...a blessed highly favored woman of God...I mean reading it in the Holy Word......you can't help to wonder...what were they thinking?

What would have it taken to get them to believe in Jesus? They asked for signs and he did miracle after miracle...They put soldiers at the tomb and he still rose...he attended funerals and he brought people back to life...I know the bible says they were envious of Jesus..but why...he was one of them..a jew..why were't they proud of him?

You need to study both the historial background and political climate that existed at the time. A Messiah was a threat to Roman rule, and the Jewish leadership knew their position of authority was conditional upon keeping a lid on any movements and conspiracies that were antagonistic to Rome. Their job was keep the peace and make roman governance as easy as possible for Rome.

There were more Jewish believers at that time, than most people are generally aware. Many people act as if the entire nation rejected Jesus, but that is not really true. If that were true, the movement would not have been seen as such a threat. In the book of Acts, in chapter 21, we are told that "myriads" (tens of thousands) of Jews were believers. It was a growing movement so much so that the Jewish leaders could not contain it any longer, and neither could Rome. It may have not represented the majority, but it was still a very large movement; larger than people give it credit.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If you talk about the curse on the non believing jewish people...your labeled a jew hater....but my question still never gets answered....Why didn't the Jews believe the Jews? If he would have been a Gentile..it is easy to understand their hate for him...but he was a jew..

The same reason the children of Israel grumbled against God and Moses all the way from Egypt to the Promised Land.

The same reason the Israelites turned to worship other gods all throughout Judges and Kings/Chronicles.

The same reason Ahab didn't repent for Elijah's miracles.

The same reason the people of the nation of Israel didn't believe the other prophets (Jeremiah, etc.).

And yes, the same reason people refuse to believe today - Jew or Gentile.

Miracle after Miracle, Angels visiting Jews and telling them Jesus was here and on the way...

There is no evidence that the Jews who saw the angels did not believe.

much supernatural activity...Angels showing up for the resurrection...

The only ones who saw the angels at the resurrection were the Roman guards (Gentiles) and the women disciples.

So why did the Roman guards not believe?

Why would that sway them?

Have the testimonies of Muslim terrorists becoming Christians persuaded any Muslims?

What makes the Jews any different than anyone else?

Why don't Christians believe each other?

I fail to see your point here.

What would have it taken to get them to believe in Jesus?

What would it take for your neighbor to believe in Jesus?

They asked for signs and he did miracle after miracle...They put soldiers at the tomb and he still rose...he attended funerals and he brought people back to life...I know the bible says they were envious of Jesus..but why...he was one of them..a jew..why were't they proud of him?

The ones who were envious of Jesus were the religious leaders. The funny thing about the religious leaders of the time were that they were political appointees rather than the ones prescribed by the Torah. (You can read this in history.) Caiphas was not the descendant of Aaron.

It may have not represented the majority, but it was still a very large movement; larger than people give it credit.

I have read studies that say it could have been up to a million jewish believers at the end of the first century.

If that is true, that would not be a majority but it would be a very large percentage of the entire jewish population on the earth at that time.

The question should be "what went wrong from that time going forward?" How did the numbers of jewish believers shrink so much that they were marginalized by the 2nd century.

I have my own ideas about that...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  163

The short answer is SIN.

The longer answer has to do how the Jews thought their Messiah was going to come to them.

Since I'm not much of a theologian I thought I might find an article on this by someone who I think is a trust worthy teacher and basically his article is what I have been taught on this in my Church over the years.

The link to his full article is at http://www.direct.ca/trinity/reject.html Here is only the begining of the article for you, please go to the website for the rest.

Why Did Israel Reject Jesus as Their Messiah?

by Grant R. Jeffrey (from his book "Heaven - The Last Frontier")

The Jews believed that the Messiah, the prophet which Moses spoke about, would come and deliver them from Roman bondage and set up a kingdom where they would be the rulers. Two of the disciples, James and John, even asked to sit at Jesus' right and left in His cabinet when He came into His glory. The people of Jerusalem also thought He would deliver them. They shouted praises to God for the mighty works they had seen Jesus do, and called out "Hosanna, save us" when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey. They treated Him like a conquering king. Then when He allowed Himself to be arrested, tried and crucified on a cursed cross, the people quit believing that He was the promised prophet. They rejected their Messiah.

Therefore, the promised kingdom was postponed. But God is a covenant keeping God and the kingdom promises are still in force for Israel. Paul told the Roman Church, "I do not desire, brethren that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion that hardening in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written, The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; for this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sin....For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:23-27,29).

It is worth your while to read the whole article.

Cheers

Mel

Edited by MelodyCat

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186

Thanks for the replys...and I understand what the Jews wanted....as far as their Messiah....and looking for the leader

I'm talking about like in the temple..these are practicing Jews.....and John the Baptist dad comes out and can't talk because an Angel was upset with him and told him of his son being great and comng in the spirit of elijah...preparing the way for Almighty God... It just doesn't seem like much celebration...and much excitement... The jews should have been dancing in the streets..all of them across the nation....Jews prophesied about Jesus at this time...y wouldn't u believe your own prophesys...I mean if Angels are amongst you...wouldn't you know something big was on the horizon ...when Moses and Elijah are around and a loud voice says...this is my son...whom I love...believe what he tells you...I know only a couple were there...but that is fascinating...isn't it...that puts ghost hunters to shame..

and even if you had doubts...and watched him crucified...afterwards

when the temple split...dead people walking around...I wonder what those dead saints said...had they been in Hell...or the ground...

I would not have cared what my leaders were telling me...I would have said...I've seen and heard enough...I believe...that is enough evidence..

imagine this day and age...it would have been broadcast across the world...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

To put it in very simple words; They did not believe in Jesus, because they confuse His first coming with His third coming to earth, as a king of the whole earth, the new earth and new heavens that is.

Even the disciples thought this.

Acts 1:6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"

The disciples did not yet understand the nature of Christ

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

To put it in very simple words; They did not believe in Jesus, because they confuse His first coming with His third coming to earth, as a king of the whole earth, the new earth and new heavens that is.

Even the disciples thought this.

Acts 1:6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"

The disciples did not yet understand the nature of Christ