IGNORED

When what We teach is Wrong, how to fix it?

J Dee

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1964

I was asked this question by a young believer the other day -

Ho long does it take for a prayer to be answered.

"Why ?" I asked.

She understand the following : The Holy Spirit helps you to pray, so you ask the Father to help you with a spesific problem. The Holy Spirit "fights " His way through the host of demons and spirits around the earth, then He goes to the Throne Room of God where He first must put your request to Jesus (ask in the name of Jesus). Jesus then goes to the Father and ask the father about your problem or request. He must wait till God the Father answer Him and then will He get back to the Holy Spirit who will then bring you your answer after fighting the demon horde again.

Her problem was not the process but the timeframe.

I felt like crying because she had a problem that needed fixing, pronto. And the answer from God will be to late.

How do you fix teachings like this without damaging her faith in God.

So easely she can become an athiest.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

"Why ?" I asked.

She understand the following : The Holy Spirit helps you to pray, so you ask the Father to help you with a spesific problem. The Holy Spirit "fights " His way through the host of demons and spirits around the earth, then He goes to the Throne Room of God where He first must put your request to Jesus (ask in the name of Jesus). Jesus then goes to the Father and ask the father about your problem or request. He must wait till God the Father answer Him and then will He get back to the Holy Spirit who will then bring you your answer after fighting the demon horde again.

I felt like crying because she had a problem that needed fixing, pronto. And the answer from God will be to late.

Whatever will be will be. For some people it is given and for some people it is not given. It is not that simple as ask and get it. Besides it is all about getting ready for the Final Judgement not about solving the problems of this world. The answer must be honest in any case.

"Why ?" I asked.

Whatever will be will be. For some people it is given and for some people it is not given. It is not that simple as ask and get it. Besides it is all about getting ready for the Final Judgement not about solving the problems of this world. The answer must be honest in any case.

I am very sorry, but I am not prepared to just sit and watch young christians fade and die because of wrong teachings.That is a "Pilate-type" of christianity.

We can't just focus on our own spiritual growth. Why do you want to develop spiritualy if you are not going to be useful to the unsaved and the struggling Christian.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I remember a message on prayer I heard a long time ago. God always answers prayer with no, slow or go! The bottom line is, He has a purpose for all of our lives. Many times what is needed is for us is to be along side of our new born friends as they are growing in the Lord. They will then have the feeling of the Lord being with them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

"Why ?" I asked.

He problem is the process and the timeframe.

Does the Holy Spirit live within the believers or not? Where does it say in the Bible that the Holy Spirit is a messenger that must fly all around the earth fighting off hoards of demons just to deliver the prayers of the believers.

The Holy Spirit is installed in all the believers, our prayers issue straight to the throne of God because the Spirit is our conduit. Actually the entire Triune God lives within us. When we pray the Father hears instantly, because He is in us. Our prayers are issued straight to the throne.

Having the concept of the Holy Spirit delivering our prayers is a little like if I had to plug in my lamp having to run a long extension cord to the power plant. Thank God the power is already installed in my home. All I have to do is plug the lamp in and flip the switch!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

BTW: The easiest way yo "fix" the problem is lead her to the Bible. Try John 15. This chapter proves that we have the indwelling Spirit - the indwelling of the entire Triune God.

• Content Count:  16

"How do you fix teachings like this without damaging her faith in God.

So easely she can become an athiest."

Are you saying, you are afraid that she won't like the answer?

I am asking because I had a new Christian say she didn't like all the "legal

lope holes" that she always heard about receiving answers to prayer. The list

seams endless and daunting. It goes like- you didn't ask right- you didn't ask

in the name- He only gives us what is good for us- your prayers aren't heard

because you have sin between you and He, and the list goes on and on for

unanswered prayer. Is that what you are saying?

Or ? Sorry I'm confused :rolleyes:

"How do you fix teachings like this without damaging her faith in God.

So easely she can become an athiest."

Are you saying, you are afraid that she won't like the answer?

I am asking because I had a new Christian say she didn't like all the "legal

lope holes" that she always heard about receiving answers to prayer. The list

seams endless and daunting. It goes like- you didn't ask right- you didn't ask

in the name- He only gives us what is good for us- your prayers aren't heard

because you have sin between you and He, and the list goes on and on for

unanswered prayer. Is that what you are saying?

Or ? Sorry I'm confused :rolleyes:

I answered her question and explained to her how easy prayer is. My concern is: how many other people are there that follow weird preachers with weird teachings. There is no control!

There are other forums on the net where people from different or no faiths debate each other. We,as christians are torn in a million pieces by our own doctrence and not by the un-believers out there.

And yes, we are looking for loop-holes to convince ourselfs and others about failed prayers.

We need to take a long and hard look at ourselves, we are loosing our ability to be salt and te be the light.

God help us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

It really is simple...Jesus instructed us how to pray, there is so much to the Lord's Prayer...here's a breakdwn and explanation of it:

http://www.aztlan.net/lordsprayer.htm

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I answered her question and explained to her how easy prayer is. My concern is: how many other people are there that follow weird preachers with weird teachings. There is no control!

There are other forums on the net where people from different or no faiths debate each other. We,as christians are torn in a million pieces by our own doctrence and not by the un-believers out there.

And yes, we are looking for loop-holes to convince ourselfs and others about failed prayers.

We need to take a long and hard look at ourselves, we are loosing our ability to be salt and te be the light.

God help us.

In your post, you said "Her problem was not the process but the timeframe." How is it that you do not have any problem with the process you mentioned?