e lansing

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Adam and Eve has kids over a period of 800 years. Those first children may have married the brothers/sisters separated by 50 years. That made cousins. Then later children of Adam and Eve married nieces and nephews. The family tree can get pretty complicated. The most important thing is to remember is that we are ALL related because of Noah and his sons after the flood. We came from one of the three, of which only one carried the seed convenient of God. The other 2 lines became Arabs and gentiles.

i read stats somewhere once when i was studying consanguinity that indicated historically, 80% of all marriages in the history of mankind have been between 1st cousins or closer, and that every person on earth is no more distantly related than 13th cousins. even now, i believe worldwide the stats are 20% of current marriages are between first cousins or closer.

intresting! So is there is no pure race thing then?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean by pure race?

the only purity in a race that i'm aware of was back before sin entered the world.

African,Germen,Mexican,Arabs,Italian, Jewish,ect

oh! you mean ethnicities! nope... if i'm not mistaken, there hasn't been a "pure" ethnic race since the tower of babel.

So we are just a bunch of muts! :blink: This explains a lot! :b:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

And I too have no problem with probabilities so long as they are stated as probabilities. (Like I wish science would do more of that, too. wink.gif )

amen to that!

and on that note, i'd better start getting ready for work. i'll try to pop back in before i leave.

Yeah...or you will probably get fired, LOL.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The ages of men when they fathered children in Genesis (based on those genealogies) is something I didn't look at, I was basing my comments on post-flood thought.

That given, I would offer this, based on other areas of Scripture. Perhaps Adam had a wife SENT to Cain?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I would wonder if Adam wanted anything to do with Cain after he killed his Able and God Himself sent him away. The word Nod means wandering, so Adam would not know where to find Cain anyway. It is more likely that he came upon other wanders and met his wife that way.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If the Lord thought it important for us to know, He would have told us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

God spoke directly to Noah and Abraham, not everything was recorded. However since God told Noah in detail how to build the Ark you would imagine that at sometime God discusssed Sin and Forgivness with Noah.

YES there is no other covering for Sin than blood. Of course only Christs blood in the end cleanses us, the animal sacrifices were only to teach the Israelites about the Blood of Christ to come.

Blood covering is nothing but saying "take this animals life (innocent one) instead of mine." God accepts it.

So here you have a garden that is perfect for Adam and Eve and they commit the sin.

Why did God not kill them?

Because he took the lives of the animals then used their furs to cover Adam and Eve: a covering

I would even go beyond and give some more nice points to think about but I never like feeling like i'm trying to beat a point to someone.

Hey if someone reads this and gets it then great.

If i'm crazy then so be it.

I never liked the "bible is silent" thing. The bible reveals.

good night

First of all I don't understand what in the world your bolded reply has to do with my post. I was speaking to someone else. By just jumping all over my post you are being totally incomprehensible. Don't KNOW what BEE you have in your Bonnet about this topic. I have never spoken to you about it. So why the angry response?

Seems Forum Christians think they can abuse someone and take off. You are accountable to God for not just what you speak but how you speak it. It is not just a matter of having manners but you are mistreating a Sister in Christ. What did Jesus say:- By this shall all men know you are my disciples when you have love one for another. Certianly I have not been shown love here. And what is LOVE?

1CO 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The loving way and proper way to conduct a conversation is first to ask someone to calrify wha the were saying. Often people don't express themselves well or we don't fully comprehend what they have just said. Then if their view is different to yours then you can in a kind and polite way say so.

This was not how you came across even though you say "I never like feeling like i'm trying to beat a point to someone.". How in the world could you beat anything at me on this topic. I never spoke to you about it before. We have not crossed paths on this topic. Even though you didn't go into a diatribe you still made your point of being condescending and trying to belittle my answer. Again this is not polite nor, kind nor caring and especially showing it did not show me any kind of respect.

I was just interupted by the phone my Vet rang to inform us our Cat Hney Bear has an extreme cancer and it can't be operated. off to deal with this