• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/17/1979

Christian Entertainment

Music

Any Music that a person can enjoy that does not corrupt their minds nor elude to anything against the Gospel Is Fine. The Bible Does NOT condemn ANY Genre of Music. So to anyone whom judges the content of what a person is listening to based on the Beat, Sound or Tune of a particular song, get over it. Your Doctrine is skewed toward Your Opinion, and what you have heard others say about what You should believe in. Your Opinion is not Pleasing unto the Lord, for you are forming inaccuracies to his Word and therefore causing confusion of what is TRULY Scriptural. Shame on You! To those whom

Edited by KnowWhatJesusDid

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Christian Entertainment

Music

Any Music that a person can enjoy that does not corrupt their minds nor elude to anything against the Gospel Is Fine. The Bible Does NOT condemn ANY Genre of Music. So to anyone whom judges the content of what a person is listening to based on the Beat, Sound or Tune of a particular song, get over it. Your Doctrine is skewed toward Your Opinion, and what you have heard others say about what You should believe in. Your Opinion is not Pleasing unto the Lord, for you are forming inaccuracies to his Word and therefore causing confusion of what is TRULY Scriptural. Shame on You! To those whom

Imposing morality isn't going to work

The problem is that there are so few with conviction who are preaching the message of death on a cross and resurrection life. We're either trying too hard to be friends with the world or we are imposing religion (morality) on people who are not equipped for anything but condemnation

We need to tell people the truth about the cost of ALL sin more than telling them what sins we think are bad. Proclaiming the Cross of Yeshua (and a cross for every disciple) is never going to be popular but that is what everyone instinctively knows to be true. When we avoid that, it becomes obvious that we aren't really following Him either.

the good news is this:

God isn't angry with us...He has provided a way for us to be free from sin.

The bad news is that it isn't always easy once you've trusted Yeshua for your salvation, though it is always worth it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Christian Entertainment

[Entertainment Conclusion

In Conclusion, FANTASIZING doesn

.... Imposing morality isn't going to work

The problem is that there are so few with conviction who are preaching the message of death on a cross and resurrection life. We're either trying too hard to be friends with the world or we are imposing religion (morality) on people who are not equipped for anything but condemnation

We need to tell people the truth about the cost of ALL sin more than telling them what sins we think are bad. Proclaiming the Cross of Yeshua (and a cross for every disciple) is never going to be popular but that is what everyone instinctively knows to be true. When we avoid that, it becomes obvious that we aren't really following Him either.

the good news is this:

The bad news is that it isn't always easy once you've trusted Yeshua for your salvation, though it is always worth it ....

Amen!

>>>>>()<<<<<

One

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6

Two

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

It's Jesus

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

Always Jesus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Praise His Holy Name

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Imposing morality isn't going to work

the good news is this:

The bad news is that it isn't always easy once you've trusted Yeshua for your salvation, though it is always worth it.

Amen Yod, could not have said it better myself (didn't have the time to :rolleyes: )

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

I think there is a principle missing in this topic. "Relating" Are we relateable to poeple in the world? Telling people what they should do or not do is a hard sale. I believe that we have been redeemed by our Lord to be used to help win others to the Lord. Should we not engage in spititual conversation, yes. People need to know if were are human and understand if we understand them. Are we relateable? Its been said "are we so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good". This gets to the heart of my point. We are in the world but are not to of the world. Does this mean that we are to clean for the world? Jesus met needs first before he gave them teaching. He repersent the love of God by loving people Gods way.

What should we do for fun? Loving our families, hanging with friendsand family, reaching the lost by any means, getting involved in something that you enjoy outside of church and work where you can make new friends with hopes of reaching them, this is fun! Movies, music, books we ought to be wise in what we allow in as Christians. If you are not sure about something, ask yourself, would i feel ok if Jesus was with me doing what i am doing? I tend to believe that if we follow our convictions we will do ok. If we try to justify questionable or boarderline stuff we should ask our self why? Then decide if we will submit or reject. this choice will always be ours, and the outcomes will speak for them selves.

my 2 cents

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

To be honest I absolutely cannot stand television as nightly entertainment. It has definitely taken it's tole on family life everywhere. Not only in what is playing, but on the fact that no one spends any quality time together if the TV is on. I always tease my husband a say "If I got nearly as much caressing as that tv converter, you would be a really happy man!" He still doesn't get it... :rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

To step sideways a bit, for fun I rock climb, mountain bike and hike.