JCISGD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

yes! where does one get that understanding? after all, the inner voice in her heart told her to do it, and she did it because she LOVED her children and wanted to save them from hell.

how come she was wrong? she heard the voice and responded out of love, and that is how we are to know something is really God's voice, according to all you have written.

sadly, I dont think he will ever be able to give us an answer to this question.

He is stuck without an answer,

if he says from the written Word, then his whole stance is shot down.

if he says from his "inner voice" then he cant say what she did was wrong.

Didn't Seeker say that God's inner voice is love, and is drowning children love?

He didn't seem willing to make a judgement on it, but if he has not heard the Lord speak on it should he have judged. Jeses said that He did not come to judge, and that if He did judge the judgement was not His but the Father's, and that He didn't judge by what He saw but by what He was hearing. Wasn't that point made when Seeker refused to make a judgement on it. I do not see where what he did was against the Scriptures.

The Pharisess like the throw hypothetical questions at the Lord to test Him, hoping to find something to use against Him.. We need to becareful that we are not doing the same to other people.

Jesus also told the Jews that they were seeking the scriptures for salvation and they needed to be seeking Him. We call the scriptures the word of God because it is all inspired by God, but the scriptures are not the "Word", because the Scriptures are not a person. So you don't capitalized 'word' when you are writting about the scriptures. Maybe it was just a mistake, and that is understandable, but we need to make sure we are not making an idol out of the scriptures.

We don't not turn the scriptures when we have questions. We study the scriptures, but we turn to the Lord when we have a question. Is that not what Seeker was implying by being unwilling to make a judgement on the drowning scenario?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the case we keep referencing is andrea yates.

she believed what she did WAS out of love, and WAS done because God's voice told her to do it.

she believed God wanted her to kill her children because they were apparently approaching the age of accountability and that if they didn't die now, they would end up going to hell because they would never give their lives to God.

cb, you and i and most of us here understand that the voice she heard was certainly NOT God's voice.

the question to seeker is, how can any of us be certain that the voice we hear is God's voice? "love" is not a good enough answer, because the world in general doesn't understand what love really is. andrea yates believed what she did was out of love. a sincere love of wanting to ensure that her children were saved and would be in heaven.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

You certainly love to be argumentative about nothing. If a lady kills her kids I would say with my understanding that that is against God. That is not love. The judgement of hte action however is between God and her. Perhaps there is insanity I don't know and neither do you.

How do you know it is against God?

where do you get that understanding?

yes! where does one get that understanding? after all, the inner voice in her heart told her to do it, and she did it because she LOVED her children and wanted to save them from hell.

how come she was wrong? she heard the voice and responded out of love, and that is how we are to know something is really God's voice, according to all you have written.

Scripture tells us that Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. To me it seems to be obvious that any voice telling a person to do something that would result in those outcomes is clearly not hearing from God.

The love that is God would be exemplified by the following verses:

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails.... 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and part of 8

Any actions with these results would be God's love.

yes, but how do we know that if we don't study scripture? seeker believes that the written word of God is SECONDARY to our feelings. (that inner voice of love). at least that's what he has said, and numerous attempts to get him to clarify himself have resulted only in refusal to explain.

God wrote the bible and thus He is the one to teach us what it says. I did not say that the bible is secondary to anything. I say that our understanding of the bible must come fromm God if our reading of the bible is to be true.

she believed what she did WAS out of love, and WAS done because God's voice told her to do it.

she believed God wanted her to kill her children because they were apparently approaching the age of accountability and that if they didn't die now, they would end up going to hell because they would never give their lives to God.

cb, you and i and most of us here understand that the voice she heard was certainly NOT God's voice.

the question to seeker is, how can any of us be certain that the voice we hear is God's voice? "love" is not a good enough answer, because the world in general doesn't understand what love really is. andrea yates believed what she did was out of love. a sincere love of wanting to ensure that her children were saved and would be in heaven.

I do not even know about htis case. It must be something happening in your country. I know nothing of it. From what you write, perhaps she made it up or maybe she has some sort of mental illness. I do not know. I am not one to make a judgement on this and neither are you. You in your arm chair do not know shy she did it. It is between that lady and the Lord.

You certainly love to be argumentative about nothing. If a lady kills her kids I would say with my understanding that that is against God. That is not love. The judgement of hte action however is between God and her. Perhaps there is insanity I don't know and neither do you.

Scripture tells us that Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. To me it seems to be obvious that any voice telling a person to do something that would result in those outcomes is clearly not hearing from God.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

yes, but how do we know that if we don't study scripture? seeker believes that the written word of God is SECONDARY to our feelings. (that inner voice of love). at least that's what he has said, and numerous attempts to get him to clarify himself have resulted only in refusal to explain.

God wrote the bible and thus He is the one to teach us what it says. I did not say that the bible is secondary to anything. I say that our understanding of the bible must come fromm God if our reading of the bible is to be true.

and so our understanding of the bible comes from what? that inner voice? but how do we know that inner voice is of God without FIRST studying the bible? what is the yardstick seeker? is the yardstick "love"? that feel-good feeling we get? that if it tickles our ears it's truly God because it feels like love?

understanding of God's word, and His character, come from STUDYING the bible. the Holy Spirit gives us understanding, not revelation. it is not mysticism. it's pretty straight forward.

but we can NOT rely on some "inner voice" or some perception of "love" or on our heart. scripture tells us not to do that. why? because it's deceptive.

the ONLY way to know if some "inner voice" is God is to make sure it lines up with scripture. and how do we do that? we study the scripture and see if it says the same thing our inner voice is telling us.

I do not even know about htis case. It must be something happening in your country. I know nothing of it. From what you write, perhaps she made it up or maybe she has some sort of mental illness. I do not know. I am not one to make a judgement on this and neither are you. You in your arm chair do not know shy she did it. It is between that lady and the Lord.

i'm not asking you to make a judgment. i'm not making one either. this case happened 10 years ago, and she was declared insane. but SHE THOUGHT the voice was God, and she followed that voice because it was LOVE.

so therefore, you MUST answer the question that has been asked a million times by now.

how can one know for certain that the inner voice they hear is actually God?

that is not asking for you to judge, it's asking you to EXPLAIN YOUR POSITION.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

Didn't Seeker say that God's inner voice is love, and is drowning children love?

Very good point. Seeker as much as said this when he said: if you wanted to talk about ladies drowning children or homosexuality, start another thread.

THAT is clearly not what Seeker is speaking of.

He didn't seem willing to make a judgement on it,...

I do not see where what he did was against the Scriptures.

That's what I saw too.

The Pharisess like the throw hypothetical questions at the Lord to test Him, hoping to find something to use against Him.. We need to becareful that we are not doing the same to other people.

We don't not turn the scriptures when we have questions. We study the scriptures, but we turn to the Lord when we have a question. Is that not what Seeker was implying by being unwilling to make a judgement on the drowning scenario?

Agreed.

and so our understanding of the bible comes from what? that inner voice? but how do we know that inner voice is of God without FIRST studying the bible? what is the yardstick seeker? is the yardstick "love"? that feel-good feeling we get? that if it tickles our ears it's truly God because it feels like love?

understanding of God's word, and His character, come from STUDYING the bible. the Holy Spirit gives us understanding, not revelation. it is not mysticism. it's pretty straight forward.

but we can NOT rely on some "inner voice" or some perception of "love" or on our heart. scripture tells us not to do that. why? because it's deceptive.

the ONLY way to know if some "inner voice" is God is to make sure it lines up with scripture. and how do we do that? we study the scripture and see if it says the same thing our inner voice is telling us.

God is not deceptive. I have faith in His word over your interpretation of the bible.

Very good point. Seeker as much as said this when he said: if you wanted to talk about ladies drowning children or homosexuality, start another thread.

THAT is clearly not what Seeker is speaking of.

He didn't seem willing to make a judgement on it,...

I do not see where what he did was against the Scriptures.

That's what I saw too.

Agreed.

Hey Thanks Permie

God is not deceptive. I have faith in His word over your interpretation of the bible.

i never said God is deceptive. i said that the BIBLE says that our hearts are deceptive. that's not interpretation, it's right there in the bible. have you checked what i have to say against the word of God? or are you just assuming that i'm "interpreting" incorrectly and that you are correct.