~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

It is very difficult to rest and do nothing on the Sabbath. Does anyone else have a hard time with this? :noidea:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I took a nap this past weekend. :noidea:

Btw, I ran across this passage about the Sabbath lately:

Isaiah 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

What do you think?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

priest, thanks for the information. I appreciate what you say.

There are 613 laws in the old testament. Are we to follow all 613? If so, how? By the letter of the law or by the spirit? Are all commandments equal to one another?

Very good question, about those "613" laws, if you read them you'll find out that for example 50 or more are related just to the fourth commandment, another 50 or so for the first commandment, and so on, in another words, all 613 commandments are included in the Ten Commandments.

I just observe those commandments that God wrote with His own finger (Ex. 31:18; Deut. 9:10) The Ten Commandments; Why? because the word of God says that is good and just, and holy (Rom 7:12) and because is a mirror to see my sins (James 1:23

It is very difficult to rest and do nothing on the Sabbath. Does anyone else have a hard time with this? :rolleyes:

Do nothing?????? There is millions of things to do specially in this day, is in this day that you get together with other brothers and sisters and talk about God and His blessings and how can we serve Him better, this day is to visit hospitals for people in need of a companion, is a time to give love in the fullest without the though of other worly things in your mine, but the love of God every second, is the time to share His word, this is the tiem to get the blessing of our Lord, Oh my friend and can go on an on.....

Ezekiel 20:20 'hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.

Do you understand now what is

Do nothing?????? There is millions of things to do specially in this day, is in this day that you get together with other brothers and sisters and talk about God and His blessings and how can we serve Him better, this day is to visit hospitals for people in need of a companion, is a time to give love in the fullest without the though of other worly things in your mine, but the love of God every second, is the time to share His word, this is the tiem to get the blessing of our Lord, Oh my friend and can go on an on.....

Ezekiel 20:20 'hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.

Sorry. I see the word "rest" and forget what is said to be done on the sabbath (which you previously posted). I would like to volunteer time to a place in need, but if I do this would I promoting their work on the sabbath? The people there are getting paid (some of them).

Sorry. I see the word "rest" and forget what is said to be done on the sabbath (which you previously posted). I would like to volunteer time to a place in need, but if I do this would I promoting their work on the sabbath? The people there are getting paid (some of them).

There are many Doctors and nurses that keep Holy that day, and yet they work in that day! Why, because they are taking care of people, they are not suppose to let people die or get worse, that will be contrary of what Jesus taught. If that volunteer time that you want to give is for helping someone that is sick or is someone too old to take care of things etc. is nothing wrong with that, if we are to criticize them, well, we will be like the Pharisees or the scribes that were bent on finding out how to bring the ministry of Christ to a halt; They were determined to make a case against Him.

See there were many moments that the Pharisees accuse Jesus of braking the law; for instance the healing of the demoniac in the synagogue at Capernaum (Mark 1:21

I asked because some who ask about the Sabbath, are speaking of Saturday.

Okay. But don't most Christians (not all) recognize the Sabbath on Sunday?

I believe the Christian sabbath is the rest you enter into when you cease from your labors of sin and become a Christian. I base that on teachings in Hebrews. At the same time, if I was holding to a particular day, it would have to be Saturday, because that is the seventh day of the week. There is nothing in the Bible that even remotely states that Sunday is the sabbath and that it is a day we have to abstain from work on or observe in any way.

Who made Sunday the first day of the week? That's not a trick question. Did not man establish the current calendar? I don't recall reading anything about a calendar in the Torah. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Who made Sunday the first day of the week? That's not a trick question. Did not man establish the current calendar? I don't recall reading anything about a calendar in the Torah. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nobody that I know of disputes that Saturday is the 7th day of the week and always has been. Based on what you said, who made Sunday the first day or seventh day? If we are going to question what day of the week Sunday is, and we are required to keep the sabbath holy, we are really in a mess because we would have to make sure we get it right. How do we do that if we can't trust our calendar?

From my understanding, the early church met on Sunday, the first day of the week in honor of the resurrection, and it was known as the Lord's Day. Many in the early church continued to meet in the temple on Saturday, the sabbath day with the Jews. It gave them an opportunity to witness to the unsaved. I don't think the early church ever looked at Sunday as the sabbath, but they met on that day for practical reasons.