MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I totally agree with this British retailer that decided pajamas are just not acceptable in their stores. Think maybe American stores will follow suit? It's ridiculous to be so lazy you can't get out of your jammies to go shopping.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/brit...pajamas-577167/

That being said, have any of you ever shopped in your nightwear? I'll say truthfully that I have NOT....ever.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Oi

Oi

So, Eric, you HAVE shopped in your PJs? Or you haven't? :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

OK ALREADY.... it was a dark and stormy night and I was sick... real sick. Our 'brand new' 24-hr drug store was just down the road.... I had on pj's in the middle of the night under my raincoat.... I had on rain boots and a hunting cap.... I'm pretty sure there were no other shoppers ... it's the only time I've ever worn flannel in public... :emot-handshake:

That said ... I was still in more appropriate clothing than I see some people wearing in public as a matter of habit.... :emot-hug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

For a few years it's been "fashionable" for girls to wear pajamas as street clothes. I have no idea why or how that got started. But they do.

I have sent part-time high school students working in our office home for wearing pajama bottoms to work. They were told well in advance that they were not considered appropriate attire for work. Local schools here had to send letters home to parents about not allowing kids to wear them to school.

For a few years it's been "fashionable" for girls to wear pajamas as street clothes. I have no idea why or how that got started. But they do.

Okay, I guess I'm getting old or something but....pajamas aren't the most flattering thing a woman can wear. Why do they think it's fashionable, I wonder? Personally, I would be mortified if I ran into anyone I knew dressed in my baggy and shapeless pjs. :emot-handshake:

OK ALREADY.... it was a dark and stormy night and I was sick... real sick. Our 'brand new' 24-hr drug store was just down the road.... I had on pj's in the middle of the night under my raincoat.... I had on rain boots and a hunting cap.... I'm pretty sure there were no other shoppers ... it's the only time I've ever worn flannel in public... :emot-hug:

That said ... I was still in more appropriate clothing than I see some people wearing in public as a matter of habit.... :emot-hug:

Well, you can be forgiven for an emergency, Kat2! And, yeah, it sounds way more appropriate than some of the plunging necklines showing up in schools and offices these days! :emot-handshake:

Okay, I guess I'm getting old or something but....pajamas aren't the most flattering thing a woman can wear. Why do they think it's fashionable, I wonder? Personally, I would be mortified if I ran into anyone I knew dressed in my baggy and shapeless pjs. :emot-handshake:

I am mortified every time I go to the mall with what some shoppers seem to think is 'fashionable' and suitable clothing for public.... and I am not talking about kids. :emot-hug:

Okay, I guess I'm getting old or something but....pajamas aren't the most flattering thing a woman can wear. Why do they think it's fashionable, I wonder? Personally, I would be mortified if I ran into anyone I knew dressed in my baggy and shapeless pjs. :taped:

I think there are a lot of ways of looking at this. firstly tho, let me say - I don't think it's appropriate to wear pajamas out in public.

however, a lot of the clothes that people where out in public are a lot more revealing.

it would also open up the gate for the definition of pajamas as well. some people where some pretty skimpy stuff as pj's.

I also think that 'fashionable' is sometimes a statement of 'look how we can shock you' which is what a lot of people enjoy doing :)

here's a thought....... maybe pajamas are more modest than the short shorts, or the braless t-shirt, or the bits of material some girls call dresses ;)

No argument there but....it just screams 'I'm lazy and sloppy and don't care what people think of me, nor do I think very highly of myself'! Wow....that's a lot for a pair of pajamas. :39: