e lansing

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

If God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, omniscient, can we conclude that God is never surprised and is everthing that happens here on earth and in heaven good or bad, in his will?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

If God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, omniscient, can we conclude that God is never surprised and is everthing that happens here on earth and in heaven good or bad, in his will?

Short answer yes. And why? Well that is not for us to try and understand. We could not, because we are not God. (and remember His will includes our free will)

Short answer yes. And why? Well that is not for us to try and understand. We could not, because we are not God. (and remember His will includes our free will)

Good answer! however, are you saying that our choices are not are own? or that our choices match up with His will?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Of course not, He give us "FREE WILL" we should never blame God for bad things; for there is nothing bad in Him.

Of course not, He give us "FREE WILL" we should never blame God for bad things; for there is nothing bad in Him.

:whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/07/1959

This may be a little above my head but... I don't feel that God is ever surprised. His will is that we have free will and consequently bad things happen but, He doesn't will anything but good for us.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Edited by tracks77

I don't believe God is ever surprised by anything. I struggle with the question of how much control he actually exerts over this world he created? I can see valid arguments for absolute free will of mankind, and for predestination. Often times, as I am going through the day, I can't help but feel like I am following a script written by God, and going through the motions like an actor in a play. I wonder if all of mankind isn't doing the same thing? After all, we are all heading to a pre-ordained climax available for everyone to read in Revelation. The longer I live, the more I feel like God has a great deal more control than we realize.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I agree that He is never surprised. His will is for us to come back to Him. How this happens is impossible for us to know and understand in detail. God allows things to happen because He can see the end results.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

His will our will, or do we have a will? I dont know. We may think we know but, I dont think that we realy know, if we have free will or not. I meen we can try to explain it well for both sides. I will stand on the side that I am iggnorant of my own will.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

His will our will, or do we have a will? I dont know. We may think we know but, I dont think that we realy know, if we have free will or not. I meen we can try to explain it well for both sides. I will stand on the side that I am iggnorant of my own will.

Yes, the can of worms! Is it really our choice or is God controlling our thoughts and desires? :o