IGNORED

"Christians" who distort the truth

~Shalhevet~

Hi,

I have read you post and the replies and all that comes to my mind is this.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matt. 5:10

I was on the other side, and I know now how those who shared God with me have maybe felt, like how you described. I posted that verse for you becasue I'm really hoping that my perspective is on what Jesus is teaching about this. I hope this helps a bit.

God bless you,

Randal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

How long do we have to correct them? I am so tired of it. Over and over and over I tell this person the truth but he would rather follow the laws of man and distort God's word. It is sickening and I want to vomit. My heart races and I beg God to remove from me this burden. But for how much longer do I tolerate this man's ignorance, hate and slander of the Christian name?

Be still. It isn't your battle to win or lose.

All you can do is speak the truth and let people respond however they will.

Praying

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

How long do we have to correct them? I am so tired of it. Over and over and over I tell this person the truth but he would rather follow the laws of man and distort God's word. It is sickening and I want to vomit. My heart races and I beg God to remove from me this burden. But for how much longer do I tolerate this man's ignorance, hate and slander of the Christian name?

I had to deal with this last Sunday. I'm not saying what I did was right, but I feel it must have been. This is what I did. I stated something while teaching my class, and this person budded in (former teacher) saying something which was completely based on tradition. I left her to rambel on about it. Her heart was in the right place but the knowledge was not there. When she was finnished and the kids looked back my way I said to them. "Don't belive any of what she said, its completely wrong. You can eat anything as long as you pray and give thanks to God first." ..and they were so shocked that I openly rebuked that former teacher and they turned back to look at her as if she had been completely exposed and to see what she would reply next. So there was some exchange of words to convince them.. but they were ultimately divided. So I said, "look, if you want me to, I'll show you were it says it in the Bible".. then the kids took my words for truth. Even though I couldn't find the verse because I was so angry and not thinking correctly.

When I got home though, I prayed to God. "God please do not let me sin" and then I picked up the phone, dialed the phone number of this girl and asked her if she wanted to discuss what happened "today". We did, she got really emotional, she was totally embarassed and was explaining this, but I genlty told her, I was forced to do it because she said what I taught was wrong. That I didn't want to do it (truly I didn't but I was forced to by her words). So I said, do you want me to show you in the Bible where it says that? And she was rambling on about different interpreations and so on, she didn't want me to show it to her. So after a few more exchanges to let me show her where it is, I was about the say bye but she finally asked, in an annoyed manner, where it was. I was so happy! It was totally God's doing. So I told her look at Matthew 7.14-19.. she did, and I heard an audible "...oh".. but I didn't say anything, I just waited for her to say something.. after a while I got a little uncomfortable becaues she was not speaking and I said "hello? are you there?" and she said yes, that she was reading it. Anyway, she asked me later to forgive me if I was offended and I said the same to her. She seems still a little prideful about the whole matter but now she knows the truth.

So be brave, but seek God before you say anything because our anger never results in righetousnes unless God is at the steering wheel!! Here is a similar situation in the Bible. This is why I did what I did, I tried to follow Pauls manner (in love of course)... sorry this was kind of long winded but I hope it helped!!

Galatians 2:11-21

Paul Confronts Peter

11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. 12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile Christians, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish Christians followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.

14 When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, “Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?

15 “You and I are Jews by birth, not ‘sinners’ like the Gentiles. 16 Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.”

17 But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not! 18 Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. 19 For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God. 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Give him a Bible. Tell him, after he reads it, then you'll listen to him, not till then. Tell him, to criticize without knowledge is also hypocritical.

Edited by Babbler

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

To be a bit hard, but often the bible's instructions are:-

Mat 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

It's scriptural, and if you have tried, and if He knows about Jesus, you have done your job. Now lwave it to God.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Since I am a woman and cannot teach a man, I think the best thing for me to do (as someone said) is pray that he finds a godly man friend to show him the truth.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1955

70x70 x70 x70x70x70.. even if only by example,reflecting Him.An answer i ask for, and i got!.My whole family is Jewish.... its my life and i don't complain, i will trade if anyone wants to..lol (jk)..It's really what He ask all of us to do.I do it with Joy and some tears.(altho? be nice to have Less hard headed people to work with.Tradition is Worse than a habit..)

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Since I am a woman and cannot teach a man, I think the best thing for me to do (as someone said) is pray that he finds a godly man friend to show him the truth.

I found this to certainly be the truth in trying to reach my brother with the gospel.

Praying you are healed of the response you have been getting to sharing with this person. Amen

I know it is disappointing and hard to watch someone you care about reject the Lord. I'm so glad you shared what you have and so this person has been blessed with hearing the truth. You have sown some seeds but only the Lord can make them grow.

Bless you Sis for your efforts.

Cheers

MelodyC