~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I had some people pray over me tonight to receive the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues.

theyre demon influenced. stay away from them and pray for them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.91
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I speak in tongues. Are you going to tell me that I am demon-possessed, too?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I had some people pray over me tonight to receive the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues.

theyre demon influenced. stay away from them and pray for them.

That is a really unhelpful statement, especially in light of the honest way Or'el is trying to work out if the whole thing is from G-d or not.

Many here have the gift of tongues, many have prophesied, laid hands on people and seen them healed, cast out demons, had visions and dreams....and many have first been prayed for by sincere believers wanting the best for them, according to Scripture and the leading of the Holy Ghost.

Sometimes it is necessary to look again at our theology, and compare it to the word of G-d.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I think I'm going to retract my statement and simply say that I do not know what happened and who it was from (God or Satan). I do not want to deny God's power. He could have been responsible for what happened. Perhaps it was Satan who came to me afterwards and made me fearful. I may never know. I just pray that God has mercy on me and understands my confusion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.91
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Or'el, how about this?

When are you relaxed? In the shower? On your bed? In the living room? Some other place? Well, get to that place. And then ask the Lord, "Lord, if it is Your desire for me to have the gift of tongues, I ask You to manifest this on me." (Or however you want to word it.) Then start praising and worshiping Him - out loud. Not with a CD or anything like that, just you speaking out of your heart, letting your love for the Lord flow through your lips.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I think I'm going to retract my statement and simply say that I do not know what happened and who it was from (God or Satan). I do not want to deny God's power. He could have been responsible for what happened. Perhaps it was Satan who came to me afterwards and made me fearful. I may never know. I just pray that God has mercy on me and understands my confusion.

When we become confused, know that confusion is not of God. Or'el, when you seek God with all your heart, He will be found. I encourage you to continue to seek Him in His fullness, and not become discouraged by those who don't believe that His gifts are still in operation today. Take this to your prayer closet and continue to push through until you have your answers. Asking on an online forum will give you as many different replies as there are different understandings. Listen to the Holy Spirit as He teaches you the truth. Don't give up.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

He will have mercy on you!!!

Read this...

Psalm 125:1-2,

"Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever. Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever."

Because you trust in God, you are completely secure. No devil can harm you in any way! He'll try to agitate you by giving you fears and so on but that's about it.. Here is verse to mediate on.

Psalm 91:14

The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name."

As Onelight said, listen to the Holy Spirit, He is the BEST teacher. And He will guide you to all truth.

John 14:26

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thank you all. You're the best. :whistling:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Bless you Or'el,

Here's how the Gift of Tongues works.

Isa

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Bless you Or'el,

Here's how the Gift of Tongues works.

Isa