• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

I work for a large company, and today I got written up because I missed a meeting that I honestly did not know about-I missed the posted sign about it, and we are normally "reminded" about meetings, but this time we weren't. I was told that only a very small amount of people even showed up for the meeting, because no one even knew about it.

As I was being reprimended, I asked if everyone who did not come to the meeting would get a write-up, and was told that "Yes-everyone who did not go to the meeting would be written up.

Anyway, my manager who wrote me up is a Christian.

Well, I signed my write up sheet and took the severe scolding and went on back to my station and tried to not let it ruin my day......

After I clocked out, I ran into another coworker who I had heard missed the meeting also. I asked her if she had already gotten her write-up and she said...."No....They said they were going to write me up, but decided not to instead-oops! I guess I shouldn't have told you that, huh?"

Well, I was HOT!! I was not upset because I got the write up. I should have paid more attention to the posted notes, so I know that I deserve the write up. But I was mad because it looks like only a select FEW (me!) got written up, and others were let off the hook. I have no idea who else did or didn't get a write up besides me. All I know is that I got one and another person who also didn't go to the meeting did NOT get one.

Well, I started crying I was so mad and worried about my job in this economy. I asked another manager for the number to a company that handles complaints in the workplace, and told him the situation. I told him that I felt like I was being discriminated against, and that if I got a write-up, then everyone else who missed the meeting should have too, or they should tear mine up.....because I cannot stand anyone to be discriminated against-not just me, but anyone!

So my manager gave me the number and I called and left a complaint against my Christian manager.

I just wanted to be treated fairly.....but now I'm stressing over that Bible verse that says not to drag a fellow Christian into court! Does this qualify as the same situation? Should I have just let her treat me unfairly like that, compared to others who did not go to the meeting?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  117

It's been my experience that the one who rocks the boat is usually the one who falls out. It's very frustrating when you feel like you are being singled out or treated unfairly at work. I always felt like my complaining at work, was to no avail and often made situations worse. You got your complaint on the record, so I would just let it go and do the best job I could from this point on. When it comes to workplace politics (especially at large companies) you may just be another number to management.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

I work for a large company, and today I got written up because I missed a meeting that I honestly did not know about-I missed the posted sign about it, and we are normally "reminded" about meetings, but this time we weren't. I was told that only a very small amount of people even showed up for the meeting, because no one even knew about it.

As I was being reprimended, I asked if everyone who did not come to the meeting would get a write-up, and was told that "Yes-everyone who did not go to the meeting would be written up.

Anyway, my manager who wrote me up is a Christian.

I just wanted to be treated fairly.....but now I'm stressing over that Bible verse that says not to drag a fellow Christian into court! Does this qualify as the same situation? Should I have just let her treat me unfairly like that, compared to others who did not go to the meeting?

:emot-hug:

Carry it before our Lord and Savior, forgive your manager, and leave it be.

Let the Lord take care of things, and don't give the Accuser a foothold in your life.

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, what's done is done.

But it's hard to assess. On the one hand Scripture tells us to settle disputes with the brethren one-on-one and with the church. Unfortunately, companies have protocols for settling disputes - bring it to management, don't handle it one-on-one. So there is a conflict in interest. Plus, when Paul wrote about "the church", all the Christians in the city belonged to one fellowship, and they all had the same spiritual leaders. In your case, the two of you most likely have different pastors, so you are not under the same authority.

The best you can do now is to chose to forgive your manager, pray for your manager, and pray for reconciliation (as spiritual siblings in Christ). But also pray for the Lord's righteousness in the situation, because it could be that the manager was walking outside the way of the Lord or the manager's heart is turned from the Lord in some way.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

It is very difficult to accept a reprimand from a Christian who is not treating everyone fairly. That indicates that there is a bias for what ever reason. At this point, I would pray that God would show this person the error of judgement that was made and leave it in the hands of the Almighty.

You have accepted the error which you made - so should the other person. Ask God to give you the grace to treat this person in the manner which you had wanted to be treated, then leave the future to Him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Yes be careful! My wife "rocked the boat" as she first went to her manager and asked her to stop doing something that was unlawful. When her manager refused she went over her head. She got fired, and we are still fighting for some pay that was not paid. Be careful and pray. If its a consistent thing, then look for another job then leave. Some jobs are just not worth staying at due to the management, no matter how good the pay. I quite my last job because of verbal abuse that was rampant from my "Christian" boss. Turns out I am glad I did, the abuse stemmed from many things, not the least of which were drug and alcohol abuse.

I am glad I left, times were tough financially but we got through.

it was worth leaving.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  97
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Hello, and thanks for all the great replies!

Actually, my boat has been rocked in that job ever since I started, and I'm just barely hanging on by the lifeboat! lol

All I was worried about was if I did the CHRISTIAN thing by complaining about getting a write-up when the others didn't. No one else has mentioned a write-up, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one who even got one. IDK.

I just kept thinking about how we're not supposed to take a Christian to court-that's all I kept thinking about.

I'm not sure if the report has gone through yet, and the manager I reported was not there today. So I'm just waiting for the mess to hit the fan when the report comes in. Does anyone have any idea how this stuff works? I mean-will they send the complaint straight to her, or straight to the store director, or what? I've never reported anyone before, so I have no idea how it works at all.

I reported it anonymously, so there's a chance that IF she wrote up a few others besides me, then she may not know it was even me who reported her....but I kinda doubt it.

My work is definantly on a firing spree, so I'll be doing a lot of praying about this.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I would be on monster.com and the like trying to find another job and not eating out or going to the movies while stockpiling cash, just in case unemployment falls through, as it did with us.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  117

If you reported it anonymously there's a good chance it went straight in the trash. I say really all you can do is hang in there and trust that the Lord will work things out for you. I don't know who you work for but maybe missing a meeting isn't really that big a deal. Do they have a 3 strike policy? Will this write up fall off your record after so long? Maybe you shouldn't really sweat it too much. As far as doing the "christian" thing, I see nothing wrong with questioning and even complaining about your manager's decision. I just don't think I would push the issue unless my job was really on the line over it. On the other hand if the manager wasn't there today, you may have already gotten them fired and problem solved.