WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,480
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden is in Israel and has urged Israeli leaders to take bold steps for peace. The Vice President is on a five-day visit to the Middle East to push peace efforts, and offer reassurances to Israel.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/www1-voanews...-87102102-html/

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

And then Israel stabbed him in the back before he could even get in his car to leave.

I'm no fan of America's current leadership, and I can't wait for them to be gone. But Israel has got some pretty arrogant pompous jerks running the show to be so disrespectful after a solid attempt by Biden to let them know that our Gov't is still behind them.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know what you mean by Israel stabbing him in the back.

But anyway, I can't blame Israel for not conceding when every time they give, the Palestinians still fire rockets at them and the like.

Guest shiloh357
And then Israel stabbed him in the back before he could even get in his car to leave.

I'm no fan of America's current leadership, and I can't wait for them to be gone. But Israel has got some pretty arrogant pompous jerks running the show to be so disrespectful after a solid attempt by Biden to let them know that our Gov't is still behind them.

Israel building homes for its own people within the borders of its own sovereign nation's captial city hardly qualifies as stabbing anyone in the back. Jerusalem sits on Jewish land.

Israel is not a vassal nation for the United States to order around. They are a sovereign nation and have the right to do what is in the best interests of their people.

(edited by moderator)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Look, I know you guys are extremely pro-Israel in that everything they do is sooo awesome. Yeah I get it. But the fact is, they have a habit of being wrong sometimes too. Believe it or not God gets pretty mad at them too...so it'd be okay if you guys chose to be honest about it when they mess up. That doesn't mean that you or God doesn't love them anymore...it just means that its pretty disappointing when something you love and cherish does something stoopid and inconsiderate.

If Israel wants to build on land that they captured during a war...fine. Thats not the issue. The issue is that they and everyone else on the planet knows that the building of those settlements is a major issue in the peace effort. So don't have a big meeting and tell the Vice-President of your biggest supporter in the world (the U.S.) that you are willing to make concessions and bold moves towards peaceful negotiations...and then pull a move like that before he even leaves the country. Like it said in Israel's Haaretz paper, "A Slap Heard Round the World."

And I must've been onto something because Israeli leaders have come out and apologized for the slight. Israeli cabinet member, welfare minister, Isaac Herzog said, "This should not have happened during a visit by the US vice-president. This is a real embarrassment and now we have to express our apologies for this serious blunder." Israel's interior minister, Eli Yishai, who heads the Shas, said "I agree that the timing [of the announcement] should have been in another two or three weeks."

Its okay to be critical of Israel.

Guest shiloh357

I wish our government was that way, too.

Our president claims to support Israel on the one hand but is committed to cutting Israel in half to create a contiguous Palestinian state, which the Palestinians do not deserve, and have proven repeatedly that they could not manage even if they had one.

That being said, I don't think Obama is stupid. I think he knows exactly what he is doing and I think he knows the defense nightmare that would be inflicted on Israel were such a contiguous palestinian nation ever created.

I don't think anyone in the administration is naive about this. They know that these plans are disastrous for Israel.

Guest shiloh357
Look, I know you guys are extremely pro-Israel in that everything they do is sooo awesome.
Actually, I can think of a lot of things Israel has done that I disagree with. The difference is that if we criticize Israel, it is because we want to make Israel better.

Yeah I get it.
No, you don't get it.

But the fact is, they have a habit of being wrong sometimes too. Believe it or not God gets pretty mad at them too...so it'd be okay if you guys chose to be honest about it when they mess up.
We are being honest.

If Israel wants to build on land that they captured during a war...fine. Thats not the issue. The issue is that they and everyone else on the planet knows that the building of those settlements is a major issue in the peace effort.
The settlements issue is a cosmetic issue. It is used by the Palestinian leadership as a means of blackening Israel's image in the West Bank, but the settlements are not at all a stumbling block to peace. It is a trumped up issue.

So don't have a big meeting and tell the Vice-President of your biggest supporter in the world (the U.S.) that you are willing to make concessions and bold moves towards peaceful negotiations...and then pull a move like that before he even leaves the country. Like it said in Israel's Haaretz paper, "A Slap Heard Round the World."
I hope it was heard all over the world. And I hope it hurt like the dickens as well. Since the Palestinians have made NO concessions, and have not even tried to end terrorism or dismantle terrorist organizations, or even recognized Israel's right to exist as a sovereign Jewish nation, I really don't have any problem with this.

And I must've been onto something because Israeli leaders have come out and apologized for the slight.
So what??

Israeli cabinet member, welfare minister, Isaac Herzog said, "This should not have happened during a visit by the US vice-president. This is a real embarrassment and now we have to express our apologies for this serious blunder." Israel's interior minister, Eli Yishai, who heads the Shas, said "I agree that the timing [of the announcement] should have been in another two or three weeks."
They have a right to their opinions. The Israeli government has been wrong before.

No one said it wasn't. In fact, Israelis are the biggest critics of Israel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Look, I know you guys are extremely pro-Israel in that everything they do is sooo awesome. Yeah I get it. But the fact is, they have a habit of being wrong sometimes too. Believe it or not God gets pretty mad at them too...so it'd be okay if you guys chose to be honest about it when they mess up. That doesn't mean that you or God doesn't love them anymore...it just means that its pretty disappointing when something you love and cherish does something stoopid and inconsiderate.

If Israel wants to build on land that they captured during a war...fine. Thats not the issue. The issue is that they and everyone else on the planet knows that the building of those settlements is a major issue in the peace effort. So don't have a big meeting and tell the Vice-President of your biggest supporter in the world (the U.S.) that you are willing to make concessions and bold moves towards peaceful negotiations...and then pull a move like that before he even leaves the country. Like it said in Israel's Haaretz paper, "A Slap Heard Round the World."

And I must've been onto something because Israeli leaders have come out and apologized for the slight. Israeli cabinet member, welfare minister, Isaac Herzog said, "This should not have happened during a visit by the US vice-president. This is a real embarrassment and now we have to express our apologies for this serious blunder." Israel's interior minister, Eli Yishai, who heads the Shas, said "I agree that the timing [of the announcement] should have been in another two or three weeks."

"land they captured during a war"? Try land they were given by God. They followed our lead and gave away a lot of land for "peace" that never did any peace generate. They would be nutz to follow Biden or trust anything he says, and as for a slap, too bad, the man is nothing but a man, with title and no authority.

I don't think you get it. Israel is soon to be the focal point of prophecy, history, religion, and war, all at once. There is nothing they can do to change that destiny, and they MUST NOT take direction from us or anyone else, this is their decision to make, and we should both honor their right to decide and quit trying to tell them what to do.

Should their politicians lie to ours as ours lie to them, what do you expect? Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.