• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

My boyfriend and I have been reading through the new testament and I need some explaination for this Bible verse here:

Matthew 15: 21-28

21 Then Jesus left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Gentile[e] woman who lived there came to him, pleading,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jesus was drawing faith in Him out of her.

You see, chances were she was a worshiper of other gods - whether Canaanite or Roman.

By her response, she was acknowledging the authority of the God of the Jews over her gods.

You have to read between the lines. :57_57:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This is Jesus testing this woman's faith. Knowing that His Father's people were the Israelites, He came for them. However, "God so loved THE WORLD that He gave His only Son..." John 3:16

Jesus was testing her to see if she would back down, or continue to recognize Him for who He is, and not seek anyone or anything else for her needs. In my opinion and from my study, this is how I have always seen this verse.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

My boyfriend and I have been reading through the new testament and I need some explaination for this Bible verse here:

21 Then Jesus left Galilee and went north to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Gentile[e] woman who lived there came to him, pleading,

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

First the Jew, then the Gentile. (Rom 1:16 KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Romans 11

Israel

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

You need to do a Study on Old Testament Israel and her foundations.

The Nation of Israel was alway's menat to be a Royal Priesthood. A Nation of peculiar people and a Light unto the world. It's a humbling and wonderful experience to realize that we've been grafted into God's economy. Unfortunately we've molded Him and the Church into our image. It will be quite shocking for some when He shows up and He's completely different from everything we've made Him up to be.

Peace,

Dave

Guest Butero

Matthew 15:21-28

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed unto the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and said, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

27 And she said, Turth, Lord, yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their master's table.

28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Mark 7:24-30

24 And from thence he arose, and went into the borders of Tyre and Sidon, and entered into an house, and would have no man know it: but he could not be hid.

25 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at her feet:

26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

29 And he said unto her; For this saying go thy way: the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

30 And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

The children of Israel were God's chosen people. Jesus came to minister to the Jews, and he did so throughout his earthly ministry. The Canannitish woman somehow heard about Jesus, and saw him as providing hope for her daughter. Jesus was saying that the gospel would be taken to the Gentile nations, but it must first be given to the Jews. In Mark 7:27 he said, "Let the children first be filled." As a caring Mother, this woman knew Jesus was her only hope, and so she pled her case that, "even the dogs unto the table eat of the children's crumbs." Because of her faith, and in spite of the fact that this woman was not a Jew, Jesus granted her request. Remember that she wasn't in covenant relationship with God. Only the Jews that followed the law of Moses were in covenant relationship with God. She was an outsider. We are living under grace, and they were under the law, and sometimes we forget that. This took place before the cross, so God didn't deal with man in the same way he does under the new covenant.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/28/1950

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Eternal Flame, what are your thoughts on what has been posted, there are many new testament and old testament verses that reveal Gods plan for salvation to the Jew and Gentile, the rejection of Jesus and his plan of salvation was prophesized in many of the old testament books, verses such as:

Psalm 18:22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. 23This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

15So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

And Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Ephesians 2 reveals Gods heart, even though Jesus came unto his own (Israel) and was rejected, God through his love then extended grace to all nations.

Ephesians 2

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The scarlet thread runs throughout the entire bible, the church made up of Jew and Gentile alike, but after the Tribulation (fullness of the Gentiles)the Lord will return and restore Israel, and they will enter the millennium along with the remnant left from the nations.