• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100316/ap_on_...alifornia_quake

Is there such a thing as earthquake season? Why have there been so many lately?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus is coming.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Not really sure there is but hey there seems to be a 'season' for everything! I was born and raised in CA, lived through some of the biggest ones but there are earthquakes daily all over the world its a natural process as the earth moves and rotates. It does seem as if there are more than usual yet I'm not sure their the ones we hear about in scripture although they could be leading up to some that are in areas that normally don't have large quakes. I have to think that when the Mississippi ran backwards there might have been some prophecy teachers out there wondering if the end was near?! :laugh::blink:

Mizz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Not really sure there is but hey there seems to be a 'season' for everything! I was born and raised in CA, lived through some of the biggest ones but there are earthquakes daily all over the world its a natural process as the earth moves and rotates. It does seem as if there are more than usual yet I'm not sure their the ones we hear about in scripture although they could be leading up to some that are in areas that normally don't have large quakes. I have to think that when the Mississippi ran backwards there might have been some prophecy teachers out there wondering if the end was near?! :laugh::blink:

Mizz

The bible says that Earthquake will be increase in the last days. I believe that God is warning us to be ready and He has big heart to show that He love us and He doesnt want anyone to be perished however He is trying to get our attention through situation, natural weather and other things.

DC

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Not really sure there is but hey there seems to be a 'season' for everything! I was born and raised in CA, lived through some of the biggest ones but there are earthquakes daily all over the world its a natural process as the earth moves and rotates. It does seem as if there are more than usual yet I'm not sure their the ones we hear about in scripture although they could be leading up to some that are in areas that normally don't have large quakes. I have to think that when the Mississippi ran backwards there might have been some prophecy teachers out there wondering if the end was near?! :blink::blink:

Mizz

The bible says that Earthquake will be increase in the last days. I believe that God is warning us to be ready and He has big heart to show that He love us and He doesnt want anyone to be perished however He is trying to get our attention through situation, natural weather and other things.

DC

Hi DC, I can't find the scripture offhand, can you point me in it's direction :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Not really sure there is but hey there seems to be a 'season' for everything! I was born and raised in CA, lived through some of the biggest ones but there are earthquakes daily all over the world its a natural process as the earth moves and rotates. It does seem as if there are more than usual yet I'm not sure their the ones we hear about in scripture although they could be leading up to some that are in areas that normally don't have large quakes. I have to think that when the Mississippi ran backwards there might have been some prophecy teachers out there wondering if the end was near?! :13::42:

Mizz

DC

Hi DC, I can't find the scripture offhand, can you point me in it's direction :blink:

It says in Matthew 24:7, Mark 13:8,

It will increase in these days. It will be more birth pangs more thn ever before.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Not really sure there is but hey there seems to be a 'season' for everything! I was born and raised in CA, lived through some of the biggest ones but there are earthquakes daily all over the world its a natural process as the earth moves and rotates. It does seem as if there are more than usual yet I'm not sure their the ones we hear about in scripture although they could be leading up to some that are in areas that normally don't have large quakes. I have to think that when the Mississippi ran backwards there might have been some prophecy teachers out there wondering if the end was near?! :blink::13:

Mizz

DC

Birth pangs certainly have a way of waking everyone up don't they!! lol The verse in Matt. says there will earthquakes in various places or divers places in some bibles. I think Rev. talks about a earthquake also.

Mizz

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Actually...the number of earthquakes has gone down. Last year, 2009, the number of earthquakes was down significantly. Last year there were only 6000 earthquakes worldwide..which is an insane drop since we average about 28,000 worldwide over the last 10 years. Last year was the lowest number of earthquakes in 20yrs...it only stands to reason that the number may go up this year.

Considering that there are approximately 20,000-30,000 earthquakes each year as part of the earths natural movement...I struggle to comprehend how Jesus' claim of "There will be earthquakes all over"...is a clue. I've always understood those particular passages to mean that we should be ever vigilant because "No man knows the Hour...". The end will come when things are like they have always been...with rumors of war, famine, pestilence, and earthquakes...so be ready.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

:42:

Not really sure there is but hey there seems to be a 'season' for everything! I was born and raised in CA, lived through some of the biggest ones but there are earthquakes daily all over the world its a natural process as the earth moves and rotates. It does seem as if there are more than usual yet I'm not sure their the ones we hear about in scripture although they could be leading up to some that are in areas that normally don't have large quakes. I have to think that when the Mississippi ran backwards there might have been some prophecy teachers out there wondering if the end was near?! :42::taped:

Mizz

DC

Hi DC, I can't find the scripture offhand, can you point me in it's direction :blink:

It says in Matthew 24:7, Mark 13:8,

It will increase in these days. It will be more birth pangs more thn ever before.

:blink: Also in Luke 21:11. Just checking :blink: If OneLight taught me anything here on Worthy, it is to back up any reference to the bible with the scripture. Although we may know where to find it, and what it says, there are some on Worthy that may not, and can learn from it. So not trying to start anything here, just that I think it is a good idea :13:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

http://www.earth.webecs.co.uk/

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001767.html

"I struggle to comprehend how Jesus' claim of..."

One the other hand, I believe what Jesus said.

And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven

Luke 21:11 (KJV)

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Mark 13:8 (KJV)

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Matt 24:7 (KJV)