SeekingHeart

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So, if God wouldnn't contend with man back int he days just before the flood, what makes him willing to contend with us now? I know He made the Covenat and promised us it would never be broken, but WHY?

Surely, we are worse today than men were back then. We have so much more to tempt us.

But why would God be grieved enough about our actions to kill all but a few off, and then decide to never do it again? Where's the reasoning behind it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually, you are missing what the Lord said.

He said He wouldn't wipe out His creation again via a flood. He did not say He would never do it again period.

Gen. 9:11 - "I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

As for contending with us now - have you read Revelation?

As for His killing all but a few, the indication is that Noah and his family were the only ones left on earth who worshiped the Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

We dont realy know how currupt the people were back then. We have alot of grace through Christ, also this world seems to love to focus on the negative but stay away from the positive things man is doing.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So, if God wouldnn't contend with man back int he days just before the flood, what makes him willing to contend with us now? I know He made the Covenat and promised us it would never be broken, but WHY?

Surely, we are worse today than men were back then. We have so much more to tempt us.

But why would God be grieved enough about our actions to kill all but a few off, and then decide to never do it again? Where's the reasoning behind it?

God hasn't changed. He continues to wax angry against evildoers. The difference we are seeing is that we are living on the other side of the cross. God is restraining and operating in His incredible mercy for the sake of His Son, while he builds His Church in the world. It is for His sake and the sake of the Church that he withholds His anger until such time as the Church is removed to safety.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Absolutely - we now have Jesus, HE made / makes the difference.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  14

Thank you this really helped me understand!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16-18

>>>>>()<<<<<

So, if God wouldn't contend with man back in the days just before the flood, what makes him willing to contend with us now? I know He made the Covenant and promised us it would never be broken, but WHY?

Than

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

Genesis 9:11-14

>>>>>()<<<<<

Surely, we are worse today than men were back then. We have so much more to tempt us. But why would God be grieved enough about our actions to kill all but a few off, and then decide to never do it again? Where's the reasoning behind it?

Now

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:38-39

Now

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:3-7

Shortly

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:11

Shorty

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Revelation 21:1-4

Shortly

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 22:3-5

Still God Calls

Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:16-17

Come Sinner

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 3:20

Come

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:35-36

Be Blessed Beloved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Joe

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Birthday:  04/16/1951

Amen, nice post brother, Amen...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

In thinking through this question it is important that we make some distinctions

1. God does not change in His being, attributes, purposes, or promises. So it would be incorrect to assume that God has some how changed since the flood. The attributes that moved God to destroy the earth with a flood, still hold true.

2. As Neb pointed out, God never promised not to destroy the world again. He simply promised not to send an all destroying flood. It makes sense that God would make this promise. Otherwise, every time it rained people would be worried that another flood was comng

3. God does not loose His patience in the sence that we do. In fact, scripture portrays God as a God of immeasurable patience.

The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance.

(2 Petr 3:9 HCSB)

So, any understanding we come to must be conditioned by a correct understanding of the nature of God and why he brought the flood in the first place.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

You know, we can speak of God being immutable and unchangeable, yet there are many Scriptures which plainly teach that He HAS HAD TO change His plans, set aside His promised blessings, change prophecy that was based upon conditions, and do many things that He did not first intend to do. All this had to be done because of the FAILURE ON THE PART OF THOSE WITH WHOM HE WAS DEALING WITH, not because of any lacking on God's part. There are many prophecies and promises in Scripture based upon people meeting certain conditions; God plan is know by Him from beginning to end and men who are obedient to God will be blessed with the promised blessings made by God. Those who fail God and refuse to believe God and deny Christ will be cursed with the promised curses.

If one doesnt agree with this, read these Scriptures.

(Lev. 26:3-54; Deut. 11:13-32; 12:1-32; 28:1-62; 30:15-20; 55:1-13;; 59:8-14; etc).

Haz.