OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I can honestly say that I need to allow the Holy Spirit to increase my faith in my life. I know in my mind that change is needed, but my heart is not there. If my faith was strong enough, then the heart would follow without any doubt or hesitation. I am not capable to do what needs to be done, only He is. I have to allow Him, through the faith that I already have, to continue to change me. God tells me that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, so one area that needs to increase is my studies in His word. Other then that, only the Holy Spirit can give me faith beyond what comes from His word.

Nice to know we are both in the same boat (or at least two different boats on the same water), when it comes to this. Maybe one day we can step out of them together :amen: Faith willing that is :cool:

This has been an interesting exercise in introspection, thanks brother.....

:taped: ... we are in very good company, Brother! Examining the lives of those who followed God closely, we see that the closer they followed God, the more they realized they need Him. It is easy to say "Get out of the boat, Peter", but not so easy to have to faith to walk on the water. We will, one day, walk on water together with Him.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Your replies always lead me into areas that have not been discussed.

Yes, reason can be a stumbling block but evil can make anything a stumbling block. Faith can make people who adhere to Christian Science not take care of a controllable disease and die because they have faith that God will heal them. Faith can make monks, people of the cloth become

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I've pondered this thread for days, Onelight. I have certainly enjoyed reading the responses and the wisdom from so many. I think we all need to get quiet and listen to the beat of our hearts and talk to our Father In Heaven. I have to frequently take a personal 'inventory' and try to determine if my walk is on the path He would have me tread. I have learned many things from this inner self-discovery - we are usually hardest on ourselves and I think sometimes that is the enemy trying to have dominion. Also - without honesty it is hard to have a firm faith.

I was reading my Bible study for this week and it's Ephesians and this verse struck me as so important.

Ephesians 4:25

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

As one body, we can help others hold their faith and inspire courage, but it must be with truth - I think. In my life, there are so many people who are oblivious to truth and to God. I know so many who claim to know God, but are failing in their faithfulness. There is actually a website that features a 10 question Lukewarm Christian Test.

2Corinthians 13:5

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Heb 11:35 Women received back their dead by resurrection. Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, so that they might rise again to a better life.

Heb 11:36 Others suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment.

Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated--

Heb 11:38 of whom the world was not worthy--wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Heb 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised,

Heb 11:40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

I too have been looking at faith with new eyes. What do you think the last two verses above mean? What did they not recieve that was promised? Jesus?

Heb 11:35 Women received back their dead by resurrection. Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, so that they might rise again to a better life.

Heb 11:36 Others suffered mocking and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment.

Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were killed with the sword. They went about in skins of sheep and goats, destitute, afflicted, mistreated--

Heb 11:38 of whom the world was not worthy--wandering about in deserts and mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Heb 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised,

Heb 11:40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

I too have been looking at faith with new eyes. What do you think the last two verses above mean? What did they not recieve that was promised? Jesus?

They did not receive the promised resurrection yet.But they died knowing it was theirs.

1Co 15:20 MKJV

(20) But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruit of those who slept.

1Th 4:16-17 MKJV

(16) For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.

(17) Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.

So this scripture is directly applicable to you and me as well? I just feel that Paul is talking about more. Not entirely sure what though...

They did not receive the promised resurrection yet.But they died knowing it was theirs.

1Co 15:20 MKJV

(20) But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruit of those who slept.

1Th 4:16-17 MKJV

(16) For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.

(17) Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.

So this scripture is directly applicable to you and me as well? I just feel that Paul is talking about more. Not entirely sure what though...

I reckon Paul is simply showing the enormous faith the saints have.To die without receiving any reward.......yet.Until we all receive it together.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

:emot-handshake: It's late here and I am tired. Let me sleep on it. This has been such an interesting post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,420
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So much of the miracles and working of God in them relate exactly to this truth. Thank you for your heart in this matter! Love Steven