MARANATHA

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

This Thread is an update to, "WHERE IS AMERICA IN THE LAST DAYS?''. It was posted 6 hours (before) President Bush gave his State of the Union Address on Jan. 29th, 2002, the one where he talked about the "Axis of Evil".29th January 2002 03:00 PM

rollinTHUNDER

To most of the world, as it stands now, America is justified in her act of retaliation against Afghanistan, especially after they harbored the terrorists, that unjustly attacked the worlds economy. But this war is not a war against Afghanistan. It's a war against the terrorists. But not all terrorists are in Afghanistan. They are spread out all over the globe. They will most definately not be an easy target. So who will be the next target, after Afghanistan?? This is one tough question, but one that deserves an answer.

America is backed into a very tight corner. Sooner or later, we will have to deal with Iraq. Saddam is not going to just go away. He is a fire that needs to be extinguished. If we do nothing, we are inviting another disaster. It would be wise to remove him from power now. The longer we wait, the greater the chance of another terrorist strike. Will our leaders make the wise choice, or will they give the terrorists another free shot??

There is one underlying issue that no-one seems to talk about, and it too, will not just go away. And that is OIL. Every nation wants to protect their own interests, and rightfully so. I believe that OIL is the main cause for all the tention in the Middle East. Everybody wants their piece of the pie. This is why the U.S. is being very careful with the whole situation. We must use tact when dealing with this situation, because if we move too fast, we could cut our own throats. We can't afford to make all the Arab states angry, or they will shut down our oil supply. Darn if we do, and darn if we don't, so it looks like patience really is a virtue.

If we attack the terrorists in Somalia, or the Philippines, it could buy us more time. But on the other hand, if we rush in and attack Iraq, it could be the straw that breaks the camels back. It would definately open up another can of worms at the very least. Like I said before, sooner or later we will have to deal with Iraq. And when we do, I would imagine that the world will hear the cry of the poor Muslims, and how the Americans are trying to destroy the whole Muslim faith. The attacks of 9-11, very possibly could have been the beginning of World War III..........FEAR NOT..........

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What trick is up this tyrants sleeve? U.S. not satisfied with Iraqi offer. For more, click on the link below :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2262799.stm

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

From what I can gather, Saddam is going to let the UN inspectors in, first saying it was an unlimiting search, now saying military bases only, this little draw-back on his first promise is going to give Bush the incentive needed to attack.

From there?  It could get crazy! Say we attack and kill Saddam.  His next son in line is crazier than he is. (I've heard he's so crazy even Saddam has tried to have him killed)  He -the son-don't know his name-has said if we attack he will kill everyone in Israel and America.  Israel has some major nuclear defense itself, I don't know but it looks like we wont have long to wonder.

Need an icon smilie for "looking up" :thumb:

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

The New York Post reports:

Even more chilling, Saddam could provide al Qaeda or other terror groups with easy-to-conceal biological agents that could be smuggled into U.S. and Israeli cities - once he sees a serious American military build-up, officials said.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I think Bush is more worried about upsetting the balance of powers in the Middle East than he is anything else. All the major powers in the world have a hand in this cookie jar. Armageddon is the real fear.

I agree. This is more real every day. We're backed into a corner and Isreal will be the retailiatory target from Iraq or her ally.

George! Where is that icon?

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I know I'll get flack over this, but this is what I see.

I believe America is symbolized by Judah in Scriptures. Israel is Israel or Ephraim.  Edom is Iraq or those who are deceived and turned against us.

Ezekiel 35 (with particular attention to 35:10 showing the stance of Edom against the 2 nations)

Just my thoughts, no intent to debate it.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest EPHRIAM777

I know I'll get flack over this, but this is what I see.

I believe America is symbolized by Judah in Scriptures. Israel is Israel or Ephraim.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Oh Eph...what would we ever do without you....the ever-present disputer.....psst.....for what it's worth, my comment  was to you.   :noidea:

But that's ok, I expected as much.  At least you're a consistent little bugger aren't you.

:inlove:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

:noidea:

That he is Suzanne, that he is.