pwfaith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I went through a period of doubt that shook me to my core. It was terrible. I am so pleased and thankful that He has given me reassurance. I have no doubts now, but that period did make me stronger.

Here is something I cling to

Joh 6:66-69 (MKJV)

66 From this time many of His disciples went back into the things behind, and walked no more with Him.

67 Then Jesus said to the Twelve, Do you also wish to go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the Words of eternal life.

69 And we have believed and have known that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1977

I'm glad I am not the only one! I was saddened to see other Christians, even one in training to be a minister, agreeing with the non-Christians that we cannot know and cannot be 100% sure of our faith. :laugh:

Stephen that is an excellent point, the closer we get to God the more it doesn't seem like faith. Truth is real.

1 John 5:13 "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

I expect non-Christians to not understand how we know b/c it's through the Holy Spirit within us, but other Christians? :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,358
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If there was a volunteer place to go and die, sanctioned by God I would be first in line!!! I want to go home!

Missionary work in North Korea or Iran?

Please pray for me that the Lord will send me there!!!!! I am willing! Love Steven

Guest shiloh357
I stole this from another group, thought it might be interesting here. Is anyone 100% sure of their faith? (hope I'm putting this in the right place too)

Can we, as Christians be 100% sure of our faith?

Yes. I have the external record of God in Scripture

And this is the record, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

(1Jn 5:11-13)

These two passages tell me that I can know (present tense) that I am saved and have eternal life right now. I don't have to guess or wait and see. I have a "know-so" salvation.

Furthermore, I have the internal witness of the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

(Rom 8:16)

In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

(Eph 1:13-14)

And finally I have the eternal work of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

(Heb 10:12-14)

I don't have to guess. The Bible teaches that I am saved right now. I can know today that I am saved, sealed and secure.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

At the end of the day, yes I am 100% sure of my salvation. Satan attacks every day in the hopes of breaking my confidence in the the Lord's promises, but he is never successful because of the power of the Holy Spirit which dwells within me. Hallelujah. Praise the Lord!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Rather my question is, if you meet with God and know for sure 100% that He exists, how will you be able to convey this piece of truth to other humans?!

Please noticed that there is no efficient way for such a truth to be conveyed. Those who listen to your story will have to rely on their faith to choose to believe or not.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

100% Some days it's 110% That God exists. I'm only 99% sure I exist. :)

We as Christians experience the Holy Spirit living in us, we know God personally. :)

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I am 1,000% certain.. why? Because I've met, HIM... have you?

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Rather my question is, if you meet with God and know for sure 100% that He exists, how will you be able to convey this piece of truth to other humans?!

Please noticed that there is no efficient way for such a truth to be conveyed. Those who listen to your story will have to rely on their faith to choose to believe or not.

Actually, they who don't know HIM can go and experience HIM by asking GOD to make HIMSELF real to them if He's real... and since He is... He will...

.... can people be 100% sure of their faith?....

Oh My Yes!

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. Psalms 138:2

For It Is Written

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

His Word Will Stand

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Mark 13:31

And Whether I Or All Men Be Liars

He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. John 3:31-32

God Is True

He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. John 3:33-34

Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Or Not

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36