• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Personally, I have always wondered where in scripture people find a calling to center their church around a specific teaching, like deliverance? A church should preach the whole word of God, not just one specific part. That is not how God has set up His church.

When there is a center focus, people loose sight of the rest of scripture. This is never good. In the case of a deliverance ministry, people go around looking for demons in everything, even when they are not there they seem to find one. I suggest that you find a bible teaching church, one that centers on the whole bible. There you will find balance.

The demons are there OneLight, all they have to do is look inwards.........

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Those who have left are mostly referred to as having a rebellious spirit as you said and some anecdotes about them is often shared on the pulpit or on phone conversations. This makes you feel like a traitor or a fake or something....

Ooooooo. That is bad.

This is a cult attitude.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

And... did you throw up? :laugh:

Nah. but then they went and told my pastor how rebellious i was for not listening to them. it was a mess.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Those who have left are mostly referred to as having a rebellious spirit as you said and some anecdotes about them is often shared on the pulpit or on phone conversations. This makes you feel like a traitor or a fake or something....

Ooooooo. That is bad.

This is a cult attitude.

yeah it is. unfortunately its really become a trend.... im living in South America right now and my church down here is starting to come into this stuff.... its extremely sad. but, like i said before, there's a balance with everything..... and me having a crappy "anti" attitude when i talk to the people in my current church about my experiences isnt going to help any..........

if you're interested, you should look up "Harvest International Ministries" .. i used to go (forced to go) to their central church in pasadena california and my then pastor (who's probably at least partially insane) was one of their licensed pastors...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Talking about demons...

There is this Indian restaurant that I really enjoy going too. Well, I was told not to go back there because of the statues and paintings they have in there that represents Indian gods (?). Entering that restaurant is basically inviting demons to come into your life. Same thing with Chinese restaurants ()especially if there is a statue of a little fat Buddha. Same thing with any store that has a name with dragon, serpent, mermaid, etc...

They mentioned Rebecca Brown's books to me as a proof of what they were saying. I was very scared and asked God to forgive me for going to that Indian place.

Now I am putting all the teaching into perspective and things are starting to sound odd.

sigh.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Talking about demons...

There is this Indian restaurant that I really enjoy going too. Well, I was told not to go back there because of the statues and paintings they have in there that represents Indian gods (?). Entering that restaurant is basically inviting demons to come into your life. Same thing with Chinese restaurants ()especially if there is a statue of a little fat Buddha. Same thing with any store that has a name with dragon, serpent, mermaid, etc...

They mentioned Rebecca Brown's books to me as a proof of what they were saying. I was very scared and asked God to forgive me for going to that Indian place.

Now I am putting all the teaching into perspective and things are starting to sound odd.

sigh.

Hmmmm, that's got me thinking about a Chinese restaurant that I like to go to. They also have Buddha statues all over the place....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Talking about demons...

sigh.

Hmmmm, that's got me thinking about a Chinese restaurant that I like to go to. They also have Buddha statues all over the place....

So what? It has to be better than an egg macmuffin breakfast. Talk about demons :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Books and claims like these not only contradict Scripture, but also common sense. How can a person experience the horrors of Hell without becoming a "basket case?" Someone who has witnessed Hell would be permanently damaged...our minds could never withstand the effects of such an experience.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Please, I am a new Christian, but would love to hear from other Christians about this.

I think right now the most important thing you can learn is how to listen to (hear and recognize) the voice of the Lord.

There will always be teachings and doctrines that will confuse you. Answers from others can sometimes confuse you even more.

Unfortunately, I'm still struggling myself with recognizing what thoughts, impressions, and images going through my head are the Lord.

But I would suggest for now start with setting aside some quiet time with the Lord. Pour out your heart to Him with regards to this. Imagine Him in the room with you and just talk. Ask Him for understanding and revelation with regards to these things, as you are doing with us. Then wait, believing He will answer.

I'm not sure how the Lord will answer, but it could be words, impressions or images in your mind. Just trust that the Lord will and is speaking to you. And it is Scriptural to "test the spirits to see if they are of God." (Asking for confirmation, challenging the "voice" speaking to you who Jesus is - an evil spirit will not acknowledge Jesus as Lord, for example.)

Praying you find peace in your heart with regards to this.

Praying