• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I praise the Lord.

because your answers have confirmed to me that I am not the one with the issue here.

I was feeling like an oddity at my church because everyone is always talking about this and the sermons about these books captivate people. They are even now all praying to receive the Prophetic Dance that Choo Thomas was taught by Jesus in heaven. That dance is supposed to diffuse God's power around, act as spiritual warfare and as healing to people who are around.

I have been skeptical about it, but was feeling guilty as well for questioning these books.

I don,t doubt that the Lord would give visions to whom He wills. I have no problem with that. But I don't know if the LORD JESUS would do the following: force you as a Christian to watch as your loved ones are burning, return to the pit of darkness night after night even though you beg Him not to take you there any more, make you burn every day for 4 years in the flames of hell so that you can tell people what it feels like... The Lord Jesus said that He gave us His peace, and He doesnt give it to us the way the world does. Also I remember a passage in the Epistle of 1 John that says something like: Perfect love casts out fear.

What makes me uncomfortable is the climate of fear that is now being promoted at church based on those books. Everyone at church is unsure of their salvation and is performing all these fasts and recently we had a 30-night prayer vigil which ended last week. I could hear church members saying they are hoping their sins will be forgiven because they haven't slept for those 30 days...

I have asked questions to the Prophet and his wife already and if I continue they may accuse me of having a spirit of rebellion or something. I told them I feel the Bible is the final and complete authority for me.

Thanks for your answers and God bless you all.

It is never easy to leave a church family, but you need to be more concerned about sound doctrine rather than hurt feelings. Pray about it, but my advice is to find a Christ centered, Bible believing church. I looked at the website, and there were things there I would be uncomfortable with.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Lately at my church there has been lots of talks about books written by various people about the Lord Jesus taking them out of this world and taking them to visit hell or heaven. As some of you may know, Mary K. Baxter's A Divine Revelation of Hell and a A Divine revelation of Heaven are bestsellers (since the 1980s). The lady was taken by the Lord Jesus, according to her, over a period of 30 days to visit hell annd heaven. In her book, she gives detailed descriptions of these two places. She also quotes the Lord Jesus word by word.

The lady was invited last fall to speak at my church.

Another book that is mentioned regularly during Sunday sermons is Heaven is So Real (By Korean American writer Choo Thomas). She also said that the Lord Jesus took her to visit Heaven many times and she even saw her own mother burning in hell for never having heard of Jesus.

Finally, there are the experiences of a Korean pastor (Baptize by Blazing Fire 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) about his daily trips to hell (from 2006 until today in 2010) and the visits to hell and heaven that members of his church experienced during a 30-day all night prayer vigil.

My question is, how do these revelations fit with Biblical doctrine?

Personally, I have been feeling uncomfortable with certain parts of their experiences. The Bible, the Word of God, should be final say on everything. Yet these experiences claim to "complete" in more details the "vague " descriptions of the Lord Jesus about hell and heaven (these are not my words, but that's what the leaders at my church explained kindly to me when I raised questions).

Now these stories are mentioned more often than Biblical descriptions at the church. Also, a lot of the preaching focuses on how we can lose our salvation based on what these books say. Example: in Baptize by Blazing Fire, the pastor said he saw many Christians burning in hell for one important sin: spending and selling on Sundays (not keeping the sabbath). Not tithing regularly was also one action that sends lots of Christians to hell.

Please, I am a new Christian, but would love to hear from other Christians about this.

God bless and protect you all.

:emot-handshake:

Put that crap down and read, learn the Bible. There is where the Truth lies, and as a new Christian, that is what you need to know.

.... was talking about visiting heaven ....

It's Not

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:8-10

Finished Yet

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:1-3

But Soon Beloved

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 21:1-6

Soon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Lately at my church there has been lots of talks about books written by various people about the Lord Jesus taking them out of this world and taking them to visit hell or heaven. As some of you may know, Mary K. Baxter's A Divine Revelation of Hell and a A Divine revelation of Heaven are bestsellers (since the 1980s). The lady was taken by the Lord Jesus, according to her, over a period of 30 days to visit hell annd heaven. In her book, she gives detailed descriptions of these two places. She also quotes the Lord Jesus word by word.

The lady was invited last fall to speak at my church.

Another book that is mentioned regularly during Sunday sermons is Heaven is So Real (By Korean American writer Choo Thomas). She also said that the Lord Jesus took her to visit Heaven many times and she even saw her own mother burning in hell for never having heard of Jesus.

Finally, there are the experiences of a Korean pastor (Baptize by Blazing Fire 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) about his daily trips to hell (from 2006 until today in 2010) and the visits to hell and heaven that members of his church experienced during a 30-day all night prayer vigil.

My question is, how do these revelations fit with Biblical doctrine?

Personally, I have been feeling uncomfortable with certain parts of their experiences. The Bible, the Word of God, should be final say on everything. Yet these experiences claim to "complete" in more details the "vague " descriptions of the Lord Jesus about hell and heaven (these are not my words, but that's what the leaders at my church explained kindly to me when I raised questions).

Now these stories are mentioned more often than Biblical descriptions at the church. Also, a lot of the preaching focuses on how we can lose our salvation based on what these books say. Example: in Baptize by Blazing Fire, the pastor said he saw many Christians burning in hell for one important sin: spending and selling on Sundays (not keeping the sabbath). Not tithing regularly was also one action that sends lots of Christians to hell.

Please, I am a new Christian, but would love to hear from other Christians about this.

God bless and protect you all.

:wub:

Put that crap down and read, learn the Bible. There is where the Truth lies, and as a new Christian, that is what you need to know.

I don,t know if you meant it this way but your language to me is a little to harsh for a new Christian. Perhaps you could tone it down a little. That crap as you call it Mr. Parker not only in book form it is also in her church spiritually speaking. As a rule we should never be so harsh with any new Christian who is asking our opinion because she is looking for advice on something that is going on in her church that doesn't sound right. New Christians should always be handled gently.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

It is now clear to me that I should leave this church.

I am back from the service there.

I am only praying to God to show me how to act with wisdom in this situation. I feel a bit "trapped" (yes, I know, it doesnt make sense). I trust that the God of Israel, Isaac and Abraham who pulled me out from the darkness of Islam and brought me to the light of Christ will never forsake me.

I appreciate the responses from all of you and the fact that some of you even checked out the web site for me.

Praise the Lord.

God bless you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Be ensured that the God who saved you also promised you in Hebrews 13:5b* "For He Himself has said,

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I am only praying to God to show me how to act with wisdom in this situation. I feel a bit "trapped" (yes, I know, it doesnt make sense). I trust that the God of Israel, Isaac and Abraham who pulled me out from the darkness of Islam and brought me to the light of Christ will never forsake me.

I appreciate the responses from all of you and the fact that some of you even checked out the web site for me.

Praise the Lord.

God bless you.

We all grow in our walk with our Lord. It is obvious that the Holy Spirit is leading you in discernment. God will help you with the next step. I understand the "trapped" feeling. My husband and I have had to leave a couple of churches because of doctrine issues, but it is never easy. We still love those who we attended those churches with and are still friends with them, but when the teaching is wrong and the pastor won't listen, it's time to move on.

Do pray and also study your Bible (reading it is good, but studying it is better). God will lead you.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Praise the Lord.

God bless you.

You are making a mature, well informed decision that God will honor. Look for a good church with a good statement of faith, meet the pastor and explain why you left this "church", and then assess the services, outreach, fellowship, etc, of the new church over a period of time.

As to the feeling trapped thing, I have a feeling that very soon you are going to feel free!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Get all your info about God's beautiful heaven straight from, if you'll excuse the expression, "the horse's mouth," the settled, reliable, authoritative & everlasting Word of Truth, the Holy Bible. It's all there in Revelation Chapters 21 & 22. John the Revelator, will give you all the clear-cut facts you'll ever desire about the eternal destiny of all who love Jesus. "To the law & to the Testimony, If they speak not according to these words, it's because they have no light in them." :P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

If they claim to be their own experience and didn't lie. Then it is their experience. If their testimonies bear good fruits, then there's chance that they might have received visions from God. If they lied and did false witnessing, they will have to face our Lord's judgment.