refugepsa91

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not a huge believer in the shroud. But when the History channel decided to do a special on it I thought it was worth a watch. Surprisingly all were pretty well respectful that I heard. It was interesting to watch.

I'll ask Him someday... :laugh:

http://www.history.com/shows/the-real-face-of-jesus

Did anyone else watch it?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Nope, but Fox News spoke about it a few days ago and they ahd a Catholic Priest commenting that surprisingly He looks alot like a Jewish male of those day's. :thumbsup::(:laugh: He went on to state that the modern European looking Jesus that we all see depicted and think of when we think of Jesus was alway's a wrong depiction. :laugh:

Yepp, I always figured that Jesus didn't have reddish hair and blue eyes... :laugh: It just doesn't fit the image I have of Him in my mind anyways...

It was interesting though, just the process they went through and how they turned that flat image into a 3D one was cool!

It was a little disturbing how they also included the marks of supposed wounds on the turin's image.

It will be playing again I think on Saturday....

Well Dear Sister

Wonderful Question

Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, John 20:6

Is The Head Wrapping In A Place By Itself?

And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. John 20:7

If It Is One Piece Then....

>>>>>()<<<<<

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:26-28

Glory!

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Nope it is not on here yet, but I watched the news, and think that the technology is fascinating. I have no strong feelings about the shroud, except to say that whatever it is, or whoever it depicts, it should not be an object of worship.

But i look forward to watching the program, just for interests sake.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yepp, I always figured that Jesus didn't have reddish hair and blue eyes... :laugh: It just doesn't fit the image I have of Him in my mind anyways...

It was interesting though, just the process they went through and how they turned that flat image into a 3D one was cool!

It was a little disturbing how they also included the marks of supposed wounds on the turin's image.

I watched it too and found it really interesting, especially the process of turning the image into a 3D figure. I was taken a little aback when I was looking intently at a young, Middle Eastern male's face in death....and the image opened it's eyes!

I don't think it's the image of Jesus but.....I could be wrong. We will know for sure when we meet Him face to face. :(

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

is there a picture somewhere?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

is there a picture somewhere?

Nope, they want us to watch the program I guess...

I watched it too and found it really interesting, especially the process of turning the image into a 3D figure. I was taken a little aback when I was looking intently at a young, Middle Eastern male's face in death....and the image opened it's eyes!

I don't think it's the image of Jesus but.....I could be wrong. We will know for sure when we meet Him face to face. :(

I thought is was cool how they "imitated" the image by taking a photo copy of a head cast...(I think thats what you call it, you know those things you can put your hat on..a dummy head?) Anywho, the only way they could recreate the image (close to the shrouds) was to have the photo copiers direct beam of light moving up and down...

I probably explained that all wrong...LOL...Step in here MorningGlory...since you watched it too...LOL