IGNORED

3D image of Jesus?

refugepsa91

.... Praise Him for what He did for us! ....

Hallelujah!

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:22-24

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Well, I watched it on Saturday night and found it very interesting. Especially when they talked about the head cloth that is located somewhere else - sorry, I forget what they called it. And that visual where they matched up the head cloth to the Shroud was pretty interesting. As to whether or not this is that actual cloth that wrapped Jesus, I don't really think it matters. Unless you're of the belief that an object can somehow be imparted with holy or Spiritual power and thus perform miracles or something. Which I happen to not believe. Even if this cloth bears the image of Christ, even if it is His blood on it, it is still just an interesting relic. I don't much care if I see the actual face of Jesus while living here, since I have seen, felt, and experienced His presence in my life and know that one day, I will meet Him face to face in Heaven. :whistling:

Guest shiloh357

There is a good reason Jesus never left a definitive image of Himself. It would have been made into an idol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The one thing holding up the shroud as being the Messiah's is there seems to be no markings on the face, in the beard. I always thought that He was beaten on the face with rods which fulfilled Isa. 50:6 where it says 'And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard..' So if this was His shroud wouldn't with all the things they have scanned and clicked wouldn't they be able to see that also? There was one man who kept saying no matter what your belief no ones ever going to prove this is His shroud and I liked that honesty.

How very true. Jesus was unrecognizable after his beatings. His flesh was torn so that His very bowels protruded, and yes, His beard was plucked. Jesus was not buried in a one-piece swath of fabric. He had a head-cloth.

Whoever was wrapped in that cloth is not Jesus and it is just one more distortion about Jesus Christ that the Catholic church has propagated.

I certainly will not be wasting my time watching anything to do with such a farce.

A head cloth that is supposed to be that of Jesus is in a museum in Hungary (?) or maybe Poland. They would have been used together. Why do you say this is a farce? Some pretty sharp people, and some very pious people, entertain the possibllity that it might be, Where in the Bible does it say Jesus' beard was plucked out?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting. (Isa 50:6)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The one thing holding up the shroud as being the Messiah's is there seems to be no markings on the face, in the beard. I always thought that He was beaten on the face with rods which fulfilled Isa. 50:6 where it says 'And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard..' So if this was His shroud wouldn't with all the things they have scanned and clicked wouldn't they be able to see that also? There was one man who kept saying no matter what your belief no ones ever going to prove this is His shroud and I liked that honesty.

How very true. Jesus was unrecognizable after his beatings. His flesh was torn so that His very bowels protruded, and yes, His beard was plucked. Jesus was not buried in a one-piece swath of fabric. He had a head-cloth.

Whoever was wrapped in that cloth is not Jesus and it is just one more distortion about Jesus Christ that the Catholic church has propagated.

I certainly will not be wasting my time watching anything to do with such a farce.

A head cloth that is supposed to be that of Jesus is in a museum in Hungary (?) or maybe Poland. They would have been used together. Why do you say this is a farce? Some pretty sharp people, and some very pious people, entertain the possibllity that it might be, Where in the Bible does it say Jesus' beard was plucked out?

Not sure you are asking me? I did reference the verse and I see that refugepsa wrote it out for us. There is a head cloth they know of that seems to match the shroud to a tee yet they are not together nor have they been for many decades if not longer, I don't have that info handy. I enjoyed the program myself, liked the science of trying to figure it all out, still don't believe its Yeshua, agree it would turn into an item of worship for so many, something we are not to do. Some people refuse to watch anything about scripture or the Messiah if its got science attached to it. :rolleyes: My faith wouldn't be in doubt if they set this shroud at the time of His death and resurrection though I am sure I would still doubt that it was His.

Not sure you are asking me? I did reference the verse and I see that refugepsa wrote it out for us. There is a head cloth they know of that seems to match the shroud to a tee yet they are not together nor have they been for many decades if not longer, I don't have that info handy. I enjoyed the program myself, liked the science of trying to figure it all out, still don't believe its Yeshua, agree it would turn into an item of worship for so many, something we are not to do. Some people refuse to watch anything about scripture or the Messiah if its got science attached to it. :thumbsup: My faith wouldn't be in doubt if they set this shroud at the time of His death and resurrection though I am sure I would still doubt that it was His.

I was actually asking FloatingAxe because she didn't include the passage in her post. I see that you and refugepsa did though, so thank you. :whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Jesus speaks to Isaiah in the OT and tells us.

Isaiah 50:6

I gave My back to those who struck Me,

And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;

I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

Very studious folks need to really examine the Scriptures and realize that Jesus' wounds are not consistent with what is imprinted on that cloth. His flesh was completely torn, and the shroud does not reveal a completely battered and torn body.

Jesus was not wrapped in a one-piece cloth.

The imprinted image does not conform to a 3 dimensional body. It should be distorted just like a flattened-out image of the spherical planet Earth would look like. Any projected image of a 3-D object onto a flat surface will have conspicuous distortion--and this cloth has none!

It is most definitely not Jesus and it is most definitely man-made by an artist who did not understand this principle, nor had the understanding of scripture to the point of knowing that blood would pool and smear--the shroud is far too neat.

Jesus speaks to Isaiah in the OT and tells us.

Isaiah 50:6

I gave My back to those who struck Me,

And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;

I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

Very studious folks need to really examine the Scriptures and realize that Jesus' wounds are not consistent with what is imprinted on that cloth. His flesh was completely torn, and the shroud does not reveal a completely battered and torn body.

Jesus was not wrapped in a one-piece cloth.

The imprinted image does not conform to a 3 dimensional body. It should be distorted just like a flattened-out image of the spherical planet Earth would look like. Any projected image of a 3-D object onto a flat surface will have conspicuous distortion--and this cloth has none!

It is most definitely not Jesus and it is most definitely man-made by an artist who did not understand this principle, nor had the understanding of scripture to the point of knowing that blood would pool and smear--the shroud is far too neat.

Did you watch the show? They addressed the distortion and tested for ink, dyes or other pigment; there is none. The image that emerged after all of the testing is totally different from what is on the cloth. The only explanation anyone can come up with, as to how the image came to be on the cloth, is radiation exuding from a body that was levitated at the time the image was imprinted. Is it Jesus though? We won't know that until we talk to Him face to face.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I'm almost convinced it could be a real person....

I'm NOT convinced its Jesus.......nope not one bit...

But, another human being, I think so after watching the show....the way they explained the image was very interesting to say the least....