• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings,

okay this is a warning to anyone who uses and abuses a heating pad -apparently they can short out and explode. :39: which mine did while i was in chat last night.

:cool: that said i must admit that i probably crinkled the wires as i did sleep with it as well as use it when i sit down ( i used it for my back pain)

:thumbsup: acutally truth be told i have given myself a few nasty burns from it too in the past.

It was a tad scary for a while last night i thought i might have started an electrical fire which thankfully i did not. Nor did i electrocute myself when i unthinkingly unplugged the end that was still connected to the surge protector :emot-highfive:

so i learned not to abuse a heating pad again and to thank the Lord for keeping me safe.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

That's it I'm reporting you to AASPHPA! (American Association and Society for the Prevention of Heating Pad Abuse) :cool::thumbsup:

Honestly, I've abused an electric blanket and possibly a toaster but never a heating pad. There's always a time and a season to start though. Toaster abuse is fun sticking a knife way down inside and jiggling it around and such. :emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-hug::39:

Thank God you are safe sis. :emot-highfive:

:emot-highfive: toaster abuse :thumbsup: playing with knives in toaster yikes isn't that illegal?. :cool:

i do thank the Lord bro believe me. i was leaning forward to type a reply in chat (thankfully) when a huge pop and smoke started. It blew the cord completely apart. just so you know a chatter said the same thing can happen with eletric blankets.

i am glad that the Lord has kept us both safe bro. Hopefully someone who reads this will be kept safe as well :39:

Rebekah David

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Exploding?!

Wow - I'm glad you are OK, too!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Praise God that you weren't hurt, Rebekah. I suggest the packaged heating aids you can buy at the drug store; they really do work and there's no danger of electrocution or fire. You probably couldn't burn yourself with one either. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Praise God that you weren't hurt, Rebekah. I suggest the packaged heating aids you can buy at the drug store; they really do work and there's no danger of electrocution or fire. You probably couldn't burn yourself with one either. :thumbsup:

But ........... can you abuse them? :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I also admit to being a heating pad abuser, so is my mother, my husband and well half my family! Is there a support group? :thumbsup: Never had one blow up but now I will need to be on alert. Glad you are ok and thanks for the warning!

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Yikes! Glad your okay! I've been electrocuted before, it was NOT fun. I had ointment and bandages around my hands for several weeks lol... Do you have a ABC fire extinguisher in your house Rebekah?

Blessings,

thanks MG ya i know about them but they do not last long and i usually need heat for hours to get any kind of spasm relief. i was pretty much a consistant abuser using it when i sleep everynight and also when i sit ( somedays nearly the whole day/night depending on the back spasms)

i miss my buddy :rolleyes: lol - i am half tempted to sleep with my tens unit (joking even i know better than to try that lol)

Rebekah David

Yikes! Glad your okay! I've been electrocuted before, it was NOT fun. I had ointment and bandages around my hands for several weeks lol... Do you have a ABC fire extinguisher in your house Rebekah?

Blessings Blien,

nope. i was not sure about the electricity in the wall after that but asked a kindly old admin who shall remain nameless how to tell if it got past my surge protecter. i do not have any fire extinguishers in my home let alone an electrical one lol. :thumbsup:

maybe time to get one eh? :rolleyes:

Rebekah David