Guest Dr. Hall

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

So Adstar, what do you say about original sin? Did you find your self pretty much agreeing with the Dr. Hall's third post here?

I think I did. I would like to know it's source.

Thank you for the above post about children.

Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." Isaiah 61:1-3

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy, I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

1. Scripture plainly teaches that sin is not inherited.
Edited by BodhiDharma

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

If God is omnipotent, we do not need a savior.

Sorry, I dont see the logic on that one. Not one of us is without sin. For that reason we need a savior. Without Jesus, we couldnt be with God.

There are no lies or hypocrisies in the bible.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

The first and greatest sin was unbelief. This was fostered by satan. The fall came quickly with pride riding up next.

The Lord is not a fool. He is a discerner of mens hearts.

Mens hearts are desperately wicked. Born of a fallen nature. Born of the flesh and not the promise. That is why our Lord told Nicodemus that he must and needs be born again. That the Son of Man must and needs be lifted up on a pole like the snake in Moses time. For we all have been bitten by the Curse. See Him Jesus hanging on the Tree. Look to Him and be Saved.

He did not come into the world to condemn for men are already condemned. He Jesus Christ came to bring Salvation. He will Judge and already has. His Word is the divider. Or hast God really said? Look to the Lord High and lifted up. He will cleanse your unbelief.

Jer

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

So Adstar, what do you say about original sin? Did you find your self pretty much agreeing with the Dr. Hall's third post here?

I think I did. I would like to know it's source.

Thank you for the above post about children.

Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Hello whatsitmean :P

I was posting in repose to the original question in the thread, giving scripture that leads me to believe that children are born innocent and remain so for a time. Of course it is self evident that the knowledge of Good and Evil comes to every person who does not die as a little one. So this knowledge leads to sin both in ones thoughts and in ones deeds. i have had some blues with a few calvanists over original sin, they teach that babies that die all burn in hell because they have not accepted Jesus as savor. :D

As for Mr Hall for all the length of his post i am still not sure what he believes IN. He seems to be bordering on universalisim and righteousness in the flesh???? So until i get a lock on him i will :x: and say no more :P

All praise The Ancient of Days

Hi Adstar, Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure the post I am refering to is a copy and paste from some where. It does go opposite to Calvinism. I didn't begin to try to understand Calvinism at all until about a year or so ago, and the more I learn about it, the less I like it.

Quote:

Paul does not affirm an involuntary, necessary, or irresistible connection between either the sin of Adam and mankind, or the righteousness of Christ and mankind. Otherwise, verse 18 would teach the universal salvation of mankind: "The free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." We know that universal salvation is not taught in the Bible. Men are not saved involuntarily, automatically, and necessarily because of the obedience of Christ. Nor are they "made sinners" involuntarily, automatically, and necessarily because of the transgression of Adam. But the context shows that men are "made sinners" in the same way that they are "made righteous," that is, voluntarily or willingly.

It was shocking to learn that Calvinists do teach involuntary salvation. It is part of Limited atonement.

I guess what is confusing about involuntary/voluntary sin is the propensity in little kids to 'sin' even though they don't understand what they do. Fallen nature perhaps, but not 'origianal sin'?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Well what

Even if we do not inherit sin from our fathers (btw, I'm not so sure I agree with that statement) we HAVE inherited a sin nature through Adam.

Like Adstar, I believe children are born innocent....but only because they don't know any better yet :rofl:

Once they have a knowledge of "good and evil" then they know how to choose between the two and inevitably will choose evil sooner or later.

It may sound fatalistic but it's reality.

Wretched man that I am...who will save me from this law of sin and death?

Well what