• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Christian Singer Jennifer Knapp Says She's Gay

Sad indeed.

I tossed out my Ray Boltz CDs some time back when Ray "came out of the closet" with his homosexuality also. He then left his wife and kids...

Like a brother said: "That's NOT what this altar's for...." :noidea:

Romans 1:24-28

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Jude 1:7-8

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

One's sexuality is determined at birth through genetics.

Annotations from the Oxford Bible on Romans 1:26-27

"Degrading passions, while Torah forbids a male "lying with a male as with a woman" paul's Jewish contemporaries criticized a range of sexual behaviors common in the pagan world. Although widely read today as a reference to homosexuality, the language of "unnatural intercourse" was more often used in Paul's day to denote not the orientation of sexual desire, but its immoderate indulgence, which was believed to weaken the body (the due penalty).

Annotations written by a person versus the word of God inspired by God. Which one should I regard?

The bible is clear. Homosexuality is a sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

There again is a mistranslation. The NRSV fixes verse nine to correctly read "Do you not Know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers- none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. "

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

I think there is a big difference between being a homosexual and having sexual or lustful desires towards those of the same sex. It is probably better for homosexuals to abstain from sex altogether in a life of celibacy. I think those places that speak of homosexuality those are places in the Bible that speak of action - sodomy, masturbation etc. And do not refer to ones sexual orientation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

it is very sad when someone we admire esp. if that person says they are a Christian, falls into sin. but the same blood that washes our sins away will wash jennifer knapp's sins away if she will only repent. i had trouble with this when ray boltz a minister and Christian artist came out to say he is gay. it kind of rocked my world cause of the songs he wrote of JEsus and His love for us, moved me to ters more than once. can the Lord use someone to bring people to Himself and to glorify the Lord, when He knows in just a while they will sin and even stay in that lifestyle unrepentent???? all i know is, God gave me the same grace that He gives to all who come to Him, and who am i to judge or condemn someone else. we need to bathe these people as we do all sinners in prayer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"you are black, my brother, . . .

You are nameless, my sister, . . . .

You are gay, my brother, . . .

The first two are fine.

The last one is unScriptural.

"If the Lord supports it, Or chooses to ignore it

Tell that to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah"

--Whatever happened to Sin?--

by Steve Taylor

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am proud of her coming out. It must have been really hard amidst all of her prejudice, homophobic, bigoted "fans"

I will be in prayer for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ who view homosexuality as a sin.

Peace

"Lewis" - Scriptures are quite clear that the only sexual relation the Lord blesses and honors is that between a husband (male) and a wife (female). All other forms are disgusting to Him.

The only way you can claim otherwise is to twist Scripture to say what you want it to say rather than let the Word stand for itself.

And by the way, "homophobic" is a bully term. Having moral convictions is not a phobia.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I don't know who she is - I've heard Christian singer - but I have not heard her sing. I do not know why people who have some figment of celebrity feel the overwhelming need to open their personal lives up for display and discussion.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't know who she is - I've heard Christian singer - but I have not heard her sing. I do not know why people who have some figment of celebrity feel the overwhelming need to open their personal lives up for display and discussion.

Sensationalism sells.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Sensationalism sells.

Yes, it does. But in Ms. Knapp's line of work - I wouldn't think declaring herself a homosexual would not improve sales or concert bookings - she is marketing herself to a Christian audience. It seems to me like she shot herself in the foot here. IMO, the more "sensationalistic" ... the more I distance myself ...