• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am just wondering why you are certain Obama is simply misguided. What is your assertion based upon?

You see, Yod has produced examples and what-not. What research or observation have you used to come to your conclusion?

I'm just wanting to know and understand.

Problem is...I agree with Yod's assertions that Obama is/has not acted in a way that I approve of...and I certainly have alot of questions. Unfortunately, not being able to see his birth certificate...doesn't make him evil. Being aligned with the UN...doesn't make him evil. Not releasing his college info...does not make him evil. I want to know the truth of these questions as much as the next guy. It would be phenominal for Obama's Presidency to be called into question over something so shocking as a foreign birth...I would love that! It would likely undermine the Democratic Party for years. It doesn't make him evil or satanic...or a non-christian.

I can accept that answer.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, neb.....

'Hello, I'm MG, and I'm a know-it-all-aholic!' I just can't help putting my opinion out there...about everything. It's the Irish in me. :blink:

:blink: Love it!

(I didn't know you were Irish - cool!)

. . . While I do believe that Obama is a believer, I have my doubts about him being one who follows after the One he believes.

Have you heard him confess Jesus as his Lord and Savior? I've heard him claiming Jesus to be a good teacher and a good role model and the like, but not the Son of God who came to save us from our sins or the like. :blink: So what to you constitutes being a "believer"?

Once again what is the purpose of this thread. We know Obama is not a Christian, for a Christian is one who FOLLOWS Christ or in better terms a disciple. Many people who have accepted Jesus as their Savior are not disciples. They do not learn of Him. So to say Obama is not a Christian is not the problem.

For me, it means I must pray for his salvation - that he would radically fall in love with Jesus - rather than something else I'd pray over a true Christian.

The title of this thread is what I'm addressing.

Obama is not, and has never been, a christian. The only "religion" he can prove he has practised was Islam because anyone who went to school in Indonesia had to. I've never heard him renounce the Islamic faith. Have you? Did I miss it? Again...I don't think he is christian or muslim, based on what HE has said.

And to call Jeremiah Wright's place a "church" is an insult to Christ. They preach communism and racism. Period.

Do you know anything about new-age or satanism? They use a "christian" lingo but the words have different definitions. The point is that you can't go on what people say if their life doesn't match up.

When I was a new believer, I once had a 45 minute conversation about the Lord with a guy in a coffeehouse. We were really having great fellowship. He and I agreed on everything! Then a friend of mine sat down and discerned in 20 seconds what I didn't know. This guy was new age. The "christ" he spoke of isn't the Unique One from Nazareth.

All one has to do to understand Obama is look into all the associates he has had throughout his life. Until you have done that homework, you have no idea who or what you are talking about

The thing is I haven't heart him say he is not....so the point is at a stalemate. What I can say is he is not one who is a disciple.

Mark 8:38 NAS

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

When Obama replied to Rick Warren that he doesn't like talking about Jesus, this was the Scripture that ran through my head.

Anyway Ruck, I can appreciate being leery of separating wheat from chaff. However, we should be checking that an animal with white wool and going "Baaa!" doesn't have fangs, if you catch my meaning. Don't you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I don't suspect that Obama is not a Christian I know he isn't.

No, you do NOT know if he is or isn't. Unless you're God.

Back when he was running for the presidency I stated thats I believed that he had a hidden agenda that was Islamic in nature and some folks here at Worthy shoot me down on that but by his own mouth he has shown his true feelings about Christianity and this country. We are talking about a man who goes to Saudi Arabia on behalf of our Christian country and tells the Royal family that the United States is no longer A Christian country and this was after we find out that he attended a church for twenty years which had a prejudiced trash talking pastor. Can you imagine that! Obama went to this church for twenty years and never paid enough attention to his pastor to know that his pastor was the enemy of God.

Why not? I know people who have attended various churches for decades and have no clue who Jesus is or what Christianity is all about.

Dont let the term Christian worry you Glory. A Christian is a disciple of Jesus, one who follows Him. While I do believe that Obama is a believer, I have my doubts about him being one who follows after the One he believes.

well he's got at least 2 people duped into thinking that anyway....

If I thought for one second that he was a brother in the Lord, I'd really be slamming him.

But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Proverbs 14:15

A simple man believes anything,

but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.

All I'm doing is pointing out that he can't be both a Christian and a Muslim. He is neither

I have agreed with you, but we must clarify what a Christian is. Just because some one believes the Lord does not make them a Christian. What marks a Christian is the fact that they follow after and learn of the Lord. This is the reason why disciples were given such a name and it was one to make fun of them at that. I am a Christian because I am a disciple that is what makes a Christian. As I stated, I do believe that Obama believes in Jesus, for you to say anything otherwise is to overstep your bounds. I also agree that he is not a Christian because he is not being discipled by our Lord.

First of all I based my belief that Obama is not a Christian on his actions and the un-Christian things that he has said not because I have the mind of God. But you by telling me "No, you do NOT know if he is or isn't. Unless you're God." have presumed to know my mind as if you were the all knowing God in which we believe in. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

In any case what you have forgotten is that Mr. Bush had put an end to using OUR tax dollars to help pay for ABORTIONS AROUND THE GLOBE and one of the things Obama did before he was in office more then three weeks was to repeal that order so that now OUR/YOUR tax dollars are helping to pay for abortions AROUND THE WORLD.

It would save you some embarrassment Gothic if you did some research before you spoke up about something you know nothing about except that which you have heard and just as you said "You should never presume to have the mind reading abilities of God because it makes you look bad. You DO know what the word ASSUME SAYS ABOUT YOUR SELF DON'T YOU?

ANY person who is for abortions is an advocate of murder and is not a Christian but is an enemy of God.

I do understand your point, and dont disagree. But I would still add if one is looking looking unto Jesus, whose sole focus is Him then those things contrary to Him will be exposed. When we stare at the darkness we dont see light. It is only when we stare at the light that we see darkness.

I understand what you are saying in theory.

In practice, are you saying we should never speak about anything but Jesus?

If that's the case, the majority of the Board ought to be blank pages!

So what do you mean in practice with this?

OK, that makes more sense.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Because, neb.....

'Hello, I'm MG, and I'm a know-it-all-aholic!' I just can't help putting my opinion out there...about everything. It's the Irish in me. :laugh:

:cool: Love it!

(I didn't know you were Irish - cool!)

Yep; Irish to the roots of my hair and completely unable to avoid skirmishing, about anything and everything. It's in the genes, I think. :noidea: