wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Obama, on his acceptance of Christ: "What was intellectual and what was emotional joined, and the belief in the redemptive power of Jesus Christ, that he died for our sins, that through him we could achieve eternal life."

He may be a mess theologically...but it sounds like he nailed that one.

That was a quote from Obama? Wow! :P

I won't doubt Obama might of said this but if you look at his track record you can see he is a very smooth talker. Which brings up the question in my mind, if he said it, did it really come from the heart?

None of us can know that....only God knows the true heart of anyone.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Obama, on his acceptance of Christ: "What was intellectual and what was emotional joined, and the belief in the redemptive power of Jesus Christ, that he died for our sins, that through him we could achieve eternal life."

I won't doubt Obama might of said this but if you look at his track record you can see he is a very smooth talker. Which brings up the question in my mind, if he said it, did it really come from the heart?

That is true MorningGlory and from the heart comes truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

That is true MorningGlory and from the heart comes truth.

:)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

And if I remember right, the Bible even says one can steal bread if the person is starving. Don't quote me on that - my memory is fuzzy.

No, it says no one despises a thief for stealing if he's hungry - but if he's caught he'll still have to pay every cent of retribution.

You are correct. A sin is a sin. I once knew a woman who worked in an abortion clinic doing sonogrammes and lied about the number of weeks a woman was pregnent when she could to keep the baby from being aborted. The problem is that she told lies too and decieved many pregnant women as will as her employer.

The ends do not justify the means. Even though lives were saved sin is still a sin and a lie is still a lie.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

And if I remember right, the Bible even says one can steal bread if the person is starving. Don't quote me on that - my memory is fuzzy.

No, it says no one despises a thief for stealing if he's hungry - but if he's caught he'll still have to pay every cent of retribution.

You are correct. A sin is a sin. I once knew a woman who worked in an abortion clinic doing sonogrammes and lied about the number of weeks a woman was pregnent when she could to keep the baby from being aborted. The problem is that she told lies too and decieved many pregnant women as will as her employer.

The ends do not justify the means. Even though lives were saved sin is still a sin and a lie is still a lie.

Wow Massorite that is a topic that should be started in another thread, I would truly have to think deeply about it before I'd post something for or against this women. Yes it is a sin to lie and on the other hand I have read in the Old Testament where God had used nonbelievers to do his will. It is getting late and maybe somebody with a clearer train of thought can shed some light on this.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/12/1988

I think that these are interesting points because "leading" the U.S.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Wow Massorite that is a topic that should be started in another thread, I would truly have to think deeply about it before I'd post something for or against this women. Yes it is a sin to lie and on the other hand I have read in the Old Testament where God had used nonbelievers to do his will. It is getting late and maybe somebody with a clearer train of thought can shed some light on this.

It is without a doubt a mind bogaller.