IGNORED

Gap Theory

Rick-Parker

Guest Watchman_2
Well Dear One The Holy Spirit Through Old Brother Pete Seems To Confirm

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:5-6

The Great Flood And The Judgement Past

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7

And The Judgement Coming

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

When Christ Returns

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16

The Second Chapter Of Genesis Expands On The Creation Of Man In Genesis Chapter One

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

And Nowhere In Genesis 2 Or In The Bible Is God's Day One Ever Changed Into The Evolutionist's Millions Of Years

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:2-3

>>>>>()<<<<<

The Gap Theory Is (IMO) Just Another Miss-Guided Attempt To Appease The Men Of Fables By Denying God's Sovereign Power And His Holy Word

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

For Jesus IS LORD And The Almighty Sovereign Creator Of Matter, Energy, Space And Time

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

And You Dear Brother Deserve Better Than A Gapping Hole In Your Bible

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

<<<<<()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

You, too, err greatly!

First, you fail to make a coherent argument, let alone a cogent argument. Your obtuse scriptural references are not on point and are unworthy of a reply.

If you do not believe in the gap theory, you are left with a 'young earth'. How stupid can Christians be to believe in a 6,000 year-old earth?? [asked rhetorically]

Likewise, if Christians think Adam was the sixth day creation and that a creation day was countless millions of years, we all would only be in the 7th day of God's rest. Such belief is completely ignorant and devoid of logic.

You show your lack of scholarship when you claim that Gen. 2 expands on the creation of Gen. 1. There is no Truth in such belief.

I would appreciate it if, in the future, you actually present a real argument if you want to address my posts. Thank you.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Well Dear One The Holy Spirit Through Old Brother Pete Seems To Confirm

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 2 Peter 3:5-6

The Great Flood And The Judgement Past

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2 Peter 3:7

And The Judgement Coming

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

When Christ Returns

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16

The Second Chapter Of Genesis Expands On The Creation Of Man In Genesis Chapter One

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

And Nowhere In Genesis 2 Or In The Bible Is God's Day One Ever Changed Into The Evolutionist's Millions Of Years

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:2-3

>>>>>()<<<<<

The Gap Theory Is (IMO) Just Another Miss-Guided Attempt To Appease The Men Of Fables By Denying God's Sovereign Power And His Holy Word

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

For Jesus IS LORD And The Almighty Sovereign Creator Of Matter, Energy, Space And Time

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

And You Dear Brother Deserve Better Than A Gapping Hole In Your Bible

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

<<<<<()<<<<<

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

You, too, err greatly!

First, you fail to make a coherent argument, let alone a cogent argument. Your obtuse scriptural references are not on point and are unworthy of a reply.

If you do not believe in the gap theory, you are left with a 'young earth'. How stupid can Christians be to believe in a 6,000 year-old earth?? [asked rhetorically]

Likewise, if Christians think Adam was the sixth day creation and that a creation day was countless millions of years, we all would only be in the 7th day of God's rest. Such belief is completely ignorant and devoid of logic.

You show your lack of scholarship when you claim that Gen. 2 expands on the creation of Gen. 1. There is no Truth in such belief.

I would appreciate it if, in the future, you actually present a real argument if you want to address my posts. Thank you.

You COULD disagree without being rude to Joe. I don't believe Scripture is ever an incorrect or irrelevant response. You will find that, here on this forum, people WILL respond to you whether you want them to or not. The sooner you realize that you do not control the forum, the better it will be for you.

Guest Watchman_2
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

The scoffers contended that all things continue as they have from the beginning of creation.

I understand that, but that is not the part of Peter's response that is relevant to the "1,000 years is as a day" statement Peter made.

The relevance comes into play as stated in 3:3 -

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come
in the last days
scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Surely, the science did not exist at the time of Peter to date fossil remains, geological formations, and sediment layers, which would provide evidence as to the age of the earth and the destruction of the previous age. However, in these 'last days', the scientific methodology does exist. God, through Peter, is addressing our generation today! That is why it is a formula -- an equation that secular man can use to correlate scripture to the destruction of the first age [end of Pleistocene].

One can see the disconnect between Christians and secular science today. Christians preach to the world of the upcoming judgment of man; whereas, the world of secular science scoffs at us. Of course, the Bible illiteracy of many Christians, with their idiotic an unbiblical explanations of the creation account in Genesis, do not help the process any. However, the True account, as I have outlayed it here, can be used to convert the world of science to Christianity. That is why the terminology "willingly are ignorant" is used in 3:5. To be willingly ignorant, the scoffers have to be presented the Truth, which is that the Bible creation account correlates precisely with science.

In 3:8, Peter is giving a formula.
No, he isn't. Peter's concern is not how to calculate the age of creation. Peter's statement is at best, proverbial. It demonstrates a general truth. It should not be taken as a means of calculation. For that matter, you have no scriptural corroboration for that point.

Scripture does not support your position as addressed above. These scriptures, and the formula, is for the 'last days'. Peter is not the author thereof -- God was! Hence, it is not Peter's concern at all -- nor would he be in any position to provide the formula. However, God, as the Creator, would certainly know -- and, would know why, in the future, it would be important for mankind to know this formula.

I have already provided the mathematical analysis which proves the accuracy of the formula to the destruction of the first age [end of the Pleistocene]. One scriptural reference is enough -- does not require corroboration. Maybe, you think that both books of Peter were not inspired by God??

There is also another scriptural reference which locks one day of the divinity to 1,000 years of mankind. It is the Lord's Day. See Rev. 1:10, 20:6.
Uh, no...

Let's look at these two verses:

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet

(Rev 1:10)

Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

(Rev 20:6)

Neither of these verses claim that 1 day is as 1,000 years to God. The term "the Lord's day" is not a reference to 1,000 years. It is not "The Day of the Lord" but simply refers to the Sabbath day.

Secondly, Rev. 20:6 only states that believers will reign with God for 1,000 years. You are trying to link two verses together that are part of different contexts and address totally different issues. They are essentially unrelated in terms of the matters they are meant to address.

LOL....what in the world do you think the Lord's Day is since you do not think it is the time of the reign of Christ?? Surely, the 'Sabbath Day' is rest for those that make the first resurrection [Rev. 20:6].

Have you not read??

1Co 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may
be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ

If you read that in connection with Rev. 20:6, you will see that those, who make the first resurrection, are blameless throughout the 1000 years of Christ's reign. That day of our Lord Jesus Christ is that 1,000 year reign.

You are forgetting that the role of Christ, the crucified one, is only relevant for this second age. The Living Word was not in the role of the crucified one in the first age -- nor will he be that in the next age.

You do err greatly!

Sorry, but the error is all yours. Please try to use better exegesis.

LOL!!! You cannot square Bible with science and scripture without the gap in time, for the first age, between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2. The error is all yours!! And, you are quite foolish for denying that which I have written here.

As I always seek to provide a better exegesis, you need to try to exegete first!

Edited by Watchman_2

Guest Watchman_2
You COULD disagree without being rude to Joe. I don't believe Scripture is ever an incorrect or irrelevant response. You will find that, here on this forum, people WILL respond to you whether you want them to or not. The sooner you realize that you do not control the forum, the better it will be for you.

I wasn't rude to Joe. If you had a shred of objectivity, you would have seen that he was rude with his 'Miss - Guided Attempt to Appease the Men of Fables' comment. He supports his comment with Isa. 45:9 as if I denied the creator with any of my posts. How ridiculous is that!! Surely, God has the power to destroy that which He created -- and has done so in the past as 2 Pet. 3:6 declares!

My posts are documented from the Word of Truth. I simply advised him to provide a coherent and cogent argument if he disagrees with Bible Truth that I present here. What he chooses to believe is his own business.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I wasn't rude to Joe. If you had a shred of objectivity, you would have seen that he was rude with his 'Miss - Guided Attempt to Appease the Men of Fables' comment. He supports his comment with Isa. 45:9 as if I denied the creator with any of my posts. How ridiculous is that!! Surely, God has the power to destroy that which He created -- and has done so in the past as 2 Pet. 3:6 declares!

My posts are documented from the Word of Truth. I simply advised him to provide a coherent and cogent argument if he disagrees with Bible Truth that I present here. What he chooses to believe is his own business.

I have to say that, to me, Joe used only scripture in his reply, biblical truth standing on it's own merit, where you have brought in mans knowledge and understanding, then using scripture fit mans ways. If you wish to stand on science, that is your choice, but to say we are "stupid" to rely in His word is not from God at all, so your "Bible Truth" you bring is not what you claim it to be.

You show your lack of scholarship when you claim....

Your puffed up arrogance shows your lack of Discipleship.

How stupid can Christians be to believe in a 6,000 year-old earth??

How stupid indeed.

1 Corinthians 1

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written:

....You, too, err greatly!

If you do not believe in the gap theory, you are left with a 'young earth'. How stupid can Christians be to believe in a 6,000 year-old earth?? [asked rhetorically]....

Bless You Dear One For Surly Yes I Am Simply An Unrepentent Bible Believer

And As I Truly Believe The Clear Words

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is,

and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

Of God's Holy Book

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:1-2

I Gave Up The Mockery Of The Unbeliever

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,

being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful;

but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:18-22

For The Adoration And Worship Of My Beloved Creator

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things,

and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

>>>>>()<<<<<

Isn't He Wonderful

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Wonderful Isn't He

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:

I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

>>>>()<<<<<

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;

and the heavens are the works of thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

Love, Your Brother Joe

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts:

and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:7-9

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Folks, I'm tempporarily closing this one with this admonsihment;

2Ti