• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Why the rapture? Whats the point of it? Anyone for that matter. Why the need

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this but, here goes:

When I look at the parable of the lost son I see that he asked for his inheritance, went to have a good time and then thought better about it and went back home.

His father, very happy to see him, threw a big feast for him.

His older brother said, (not a direct quote, obviously) What's up with this?  I'm the one who's been with you from the beginning, I'm the one who has kept all of your commandments and you go and throw him a party?

God told the Jews that He would provoke them to jealousy by a foolish nation.

Paul said that the Jews have been blinded until the fullness of the Gentiles is come in.

I believe that the Marriage Feast of the Lamb is the feast represented in the story of the prodigal son and that the 'older' son (the one who has kept the commandments) will be jealous when the foolish younger son (the church) goes to the feast without him.

I could have gone into a lot more depth with that, but if you see it, you see it and if you don't, you don't, agree or disagree or fire away!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

That makes it sound as if the Christians alive prior to the tribulation won't get raptured, while people that get saved during the tribulation will enjoy the feast??????????

Guest Waldans Mountain

i see what your sayin Word(Jews vs Christians)? but that wasnt really my question.

I was tryin to find out why the rapture? Why could not GOD protect HIS people here on earth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

That makes it sound as if the Christians alive prior to the tribulation won't get raptured, while people that get saved during the tribulation will enjoy the feast??????????

Hi Martyr,

I believe it will actually be just the opposite.  The Bible says that the dead in Christ will rise first, followed by the living.  Those who enter into the tribulation will miss the wedding feast.  I think this would also include the martyrs, whose souls are seen under the altar in heaven.  Cheers!!

• Followers:  2

Martyr,

I don't see how you get that the saints who had passed on wouldn't be there.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

Okay wordsower, it was just confusing considering the older brother talking about being with the Father from the beginning.  I just took that to mean that he never rebelled and backslid like the younger son, thus he remained faithful to his father despite his eventual jealousy.

I kind of see your implication now, though.

Look at it from a religious Jews point of view:

Here they are, obeying the commandments, the feasts, all of the OT things they were supposed to do to this day.

Here go those 'christians' raptured attending the Marriage Feast and the Orthodox Jew is saying, Hey!  I'm the chosen one!  I'm the one here obeying these commandments and there they go!

He could go too if he had the one thing he needs--the robe, Jesus!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

....I was tryin to find out why the rapture? Why could not GOD protect HIS people here on earth?

Hey Waldens,

Are you thinking God will not "rapture" His Church before He pours out His Wrath?  Just the same as the Bible is very clear on when (insofar as events and signs) the rapture will happen, it is also very clear that it will occur.  Not only that but the very verses that point to when (Matt. 24:29-31, Mark 13:24-27, Luke 17:24-37, II Thess. 2:1-5, Rev. 6:16-17;7:9-17).  The verses in Revelation really specifically narrow it down to just before the Wrath is unleashed in the seventh seal.  It is not a question of whether God is able to protect His own in the midst of pouring out His wrath, it is just simply He has foretold us in His Word that we will not be here literally but with Him before the throne while He pours it out upon the earth.

Guest Waldans Mountain

I dont know why you guys want to flit off to heaven, grab a harp and join the quoir when the WORD says HIS people will be here on earth, being protected and fulfilling prophecy.

JOHN 17 [14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as

I am not of the world.[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

ISAIAH 26 [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.[21] For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover

her slain.

ZEPH.2 [2] Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you.[3] Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

PROVERBS 3  [25] Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.[26] For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

MARK 13  [20] And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.[21] And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:[22] For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.[23] But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.[24] But in

those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,[25] And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.[26] And then shall they see the Son of man coming

in the clouds with great power and glory.[27] And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

ISAIAH 26 [20] Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.[21] For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover

her slain.

WM,

Don't you see the rapture in that verse?  Take a look at the parable of the 10 virgins, when the 5 went in the door was shut.

There will definately still be people here, the Jews that haven't accepted Christ (and some lazy christians according to rollingTHUNDER) are the ones He is speaking to in the Zeph verse and the Mark 13 passage.

If all of us are still here, why do the 2 witnesses need to come and prophecy?