IGNORED

christian martyrs

Guest LJ_bass_girl4114

Guest LJ_bass_girl4114

i always told people i wanted to be a martyr for christian and die that way. but, it crossed my mind last night and i got so scared all of a sudden. i mean, imagine a gun being put to your head. you know you are going to die if you tell the truth. it now scares me. it never used to. i will be beat up for christ and smile the whole time, praising him that i can do this for him. that i can endure all pain for him but, death? i will say yes if the question is asked but, i will denfinatly hesitate to hold onto the last of my life, you know? it is scary. :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Who can tell if any of us will be martyred one day...we should certainly all be prepared for it or to lay down our life for someone else.

I have a friend who heads up a team of people in Europe...and no one can help in his work unless they are truely prepared to die...they mean business and do not play games.

China is working towards sending 100,000 missionaries to the decadent West and to the Muslim countries...in doing so they estimate 10,000 will be martyred...it is a price they are both happy and willing to pay for the sake of the Gospel...this is their tithe of souls.

In the meantime I believe we should think about what we can do living for Christ rather than dying for Him...sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

I too have thought of this. I have wondered, will I hold true and firmly state, yes I beleive in Jesus? I want that answer to be yes. This is just my personal opinion though, that if such a time happened, and we are sealed in the Spirit, sealed in Christ, then He will hold us true to Him, and we will face such a death as Stephen did when he was stoned in Acts. As long as we place God first in our lives, our answer will be yes.

Guest LJ_bass_girl4114

i want to be a missionary some day. my friend who died resently of leiukiam (sp?) wanted to be one and she was saving money already and had, like 140 dollars in a shoe box. :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

So Sorry to hear about your friend...obviously she was an inspiration to you and also loved Jesus...I pray that as you seek to follow Him with all your heart that G-d will give you the desires of your heart...and there are never enough Missionaries to go around....I pray that your desire matches up with your calling and that G-d will confirm to you the work He has for you in the future. :hug:

Guest heavenbound4u

Thats a heavy question. I think all of us would like to this we would die for our beliefs. But who knows if we will have the strength, fight or flight reaction. If you have doubts its not that you have less faith I think its a natural fear of dying. I believe that I would be able to, I just keep my eyes on heaven and know that whatever is here, my life included, is so small and insignificant compared to the glorious rapture that seeing God will be. People can take away my possesions, my family, my body and life but no one can take away my faith in God and that is all that matters and sustains me.

But even if you do not die in that way or do not have the strength to there are other ways to be a martyr. Every time you give something up or defend God you are sacrifcing yourself, not in a physical way but sometimes giving something you love the most can be just as powerful as giving your life.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Question - is the dying part the problem, or the method of dying that's the problem?

I mean, we all die, and we know what's on the other side of death - so death should be nothing to fear.

Now, what would be worse - dying a slow painful death from a disease, dying a quick or slower death from a car accident, or being shot or stabbled or whatever for your faith? I don't know, but a well-placed shot sounds less painful than what could happen in a car crash.

Does putting things in that perspective help a little bit?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Being shot in the head is far less painful then being beat up. Its probably one of the easiest ways of becoming a martyr. Think of the martyrs who where burnt to death at the stake or died during torture.

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

All Praise The Ancient of Days