wyguy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It is our personal quest to God and Jesus. It is the wonderful variety that of each individual created by God.

Blessings

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

It is our personal quest to God and Jesus. It is the wonderful variety that of each individual created by God.

Blessings

George - I think you are right - we are all different and all created by God.... Some have a harder quest reaching God than others. I Pray we all get there. You have such a kind way of putting things. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Nothing wrong with a good argument...even a heated one where several parties are espousing their understanding of Scripture and putting their point of view across strongly and passionately...iron does sharpen iron, and we are family...anyone who can't take the heat can just move out of the kitchen....simple :whistling: .

If during this build up of heat, we offend...then we should apologise and move forward.

There are several things that are very frustrating and more than anything lead to the closure of threads:-

1. Being thin-skinned and over-sensitive.....the way some Believers react to a few harsh words seems to make them want to run back to their Mummies for comfort, when I believe you should tough it out, forgive and get on with the issue in hand.

2. Wanting to retaliate when someone wrongs you....again how mature are we that we have to hurt back...I thought the Bible mentioned something about turning the other cheek and not repaying evil with evil.

3. Not listening....some people just do not have their spiritual receptors switched on, and are more intent on proving how right they are, than actually discovering that some of what other people offer is also relevant and helpful to what is being discussed.

4. An unwillingness to say 'ooops I was out in left field with what I said...sorry'...or to quickly apologise when we offend.

5. Constantly regurgitating personal pet peeves in every thread, especially targeting individuals and trying to force them to see your point of view, or admit they are wrong...this sort of hounding is particularly unpleasant...especially to watch.

I dare say there are others, but these have all struck home to me recently wyguy.

Lastly as I think Andy said....'PRAY BEFORE YOU POST'...check your heart, check your attitude, and look to build up the Body and not to try and rip it apart.

Cheers. Botz

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Now if you will all just agree that I am right in everything I say all this bickering will stop :whistling:

But seriously, I like andy's comment "Pray before you post!"

Spurgeon, in one of his sermons on prayer and watching said "Go nowhere you cannot go after you have prayed".

I like that :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

:whistling: Thats all we need! Also why I have been staying away from serious posts I tend to get my dander up way to easily as the rest of life's stresses bear down on me!

Maybe that's another good point, we should not be in serious discussion when we are over tired overwrought or over stressed! This does not lead to civility!

• Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

It has always amazed me how someone can preach tolerance while being extremely intollerant of those they don't agree with.

Reminds me of every liberal I ever met. :39:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I almost never participate in topics that are over 5 pages long... if it goes that far, most of the time it's just two or three people arguing back and forth and I don't find it interesting at all no matter what the topic is.

Actually I like it, because by this time they have figured out what their conflict of beliefs or ideas are, and can focus on that. I kinda like ironing out the nuts and bolts :thumbsup: , it's part of my approach.

I know but it mostly seems like people can't get over their pride and admit what they believe in is wrong (if they have to) and look at the possibility of the other way. Know what I mean?

Sometimes the arguments can be as menial as since in the book of Job it's written the world is a "circle" and not "sphere".. it proves there is no evidence that the Bible says the world is round....? Now really how is that edifying? Besides Paul warns us not to argue over definition of words because they don't lead to any good (2 Timothy 2:14). So I try to stay away from those kinds of arguments.

I don't think the problem is as much that people won't admit they are wrong. They may not be persuaded. I think the biggest problem is that those who dissagree can't respect the other person's point of view. It has always amazed me how someone can preach tolerance while being extremely intollerant of those they don't agree with.

Amennnnn.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Blien it's an interesting verse but I suspect I interpret it a little different to you. It's also slightly off topic, want to discuss it in a new thread with me?

Nvm, I just realised the irony... of debating over the meaning of 'strive' and 'word' in this passage:

2 Timothy 2:14

Remind everyone about these things, and command them in God

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I truly believe that the spirit of discord invades when we allow non-believers, who have no intention of learning anything about Christ, to post topic after topic, discourse after discourse, (like in the faith vs science forum) in an attempt to cause doubt in the things that God is teaching us or to question the veracity of God's Word.

I'm not saying to keep non-believers away, because that is the main ministry of this site, to win souls for Christ. What I am saying is that when atheists, agnostics and evolutionists come to our site, that their postings should be closely monitored and closed when it become apparent that they are not hear to learn about Christ. That includes so-called "Christian evolutionists."

This is just my opinion, right or wrong. So please don't attack me or what I have said. If you disagree with me, that is your right, but I don't think that this particular thread is meant to cause arguments, but to seek opinions.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I truly believe that the spirit of discord invades when we allow non-believers, who have no intention of learning anything about Christ, to post topic after topic, discourse after discourse, (like in the faith vs science forum) in an attempt to cause doubt in the things that God is teaching us or to question the veracity of God's Word.

I'm not saying to keep non-believers away, because that is the main ministry of this site, to win souls for Christ. What I am saying is that when atheists, agnostics and evolutionists come to our site, that their postings should be closely monitored and closed when it become apparent that they are not hear to learn about Christ. That includes so-called "Christian evolutionists."

This is just my opinion, right or wrong. So please don't attack me or what I have said. If you disagree with me, that is your right, but I don't think that this particular thread is meant to cause arguments, but to seek opinions.

:emot-highfive::45::45::24::vader: