• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Updated May 06, 2010

California Students Sent Home for Wearing U.S. Flags on Cinco de Mayo

FOXNews.com

Administrators at a California high school sent five students home on Wednesday after they refused to remove their American flag T-shirts and bandannas -- garments the school officials deemed "incendiary" on Cinco de Mayo.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/06/calif...ags-cinco-mayo/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

This is quite possibly one of the saddest and most ridiculous things I've ever read. When the day comes in any state in this nation where anyone isn't allowed to wear an American flag in a respectful manner - we have more problems than we ever dreamed possible. I had a hard time the other night watching the news from Arizona where the marches were taking place and seeing the Mexican flag carried by hundreds of people and prominently displayed ... people need to be reminded that this is the United States of America - the American flag needs to be displayed. If I were a parent of one of these kids and was told that this was 'disrespectful to those celebrating Cinco de Mayo' - this school district would be scraping up money to pay a lawsuit. The idea of the suggestion to turn their shirts inside out to hide the American flag in AMERICA goes beyond the boundaries of the law and their rights as Americans to express themselves. People who want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo - should feel free to do so and not be offended by someone IN AMERICA wearing the flag of our nation. When their rights become more important than the rights of others - there is a huge huge problem.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

How DARE those students have any pride whatsoever in America! How insensitive and intolerant to other nations in the world! They need to be sent to re-education camps and be forced to listen to humanist speakers and watch Michael Moore movies until their brains turn into Jell-O! :emot-highfive:

:45:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I saw this quote from one of the students in a MSNBC article:

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

:whistling: ...its like the twilight zone lately.

I don't see the Irish getting in an uproar if someone doesn't wear green on St. Patrick's Day...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

:noidea: ...its like the twilight zone lately.

If I had been there I would have told Ms. Nunez that, if she doesn't like the American flag, to go back to wherever she came from and eat dirt. Not only would I....I have before. :whistling:

:huh: ...its like the twilight zone lately.

If I had been there I would have told Ms. Nunez that, if she doesn't like the American flag, to go back to wherever she came from and eat dirt. Not only would I....I have before. :noidea:

Oddly enough - I saw a story on the news last 4th of July that a large Mexican neighborhood was having their "own" celebration and it was not in celebration of US Independence Day. I don't think those kids were disrespecting anything when they wore American Flag t-shirts - I think they were disrespected - being Mexican in this country does not make them a protected class ... Almost everyone here came from somewhere else - I cannot imagine the chaos it would create if all nationalities in this country demanded and got their own celebrations; classes taught in their native language and all the other concessions being made for many people who are not only here illegally - some seem to revel in the fact that they are breaking the law. This is like the twilight zone.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

being Mexican in this country does not make them a protected class

Uh, might I remind you we are in Obama town now - and as far as he is concerned - yes it does.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:huh: ...its like the twilight zone lately.

If I had been there I would have told Ms. Nunez that, if she doesn't like the American flag, to go back to wherever she came from and eat dirt. Not only would I....I have before. :noidea:

Oddly enough - I saw a story on the news last 4th of July that a large Mexican neighborhood was having their "own" celebration and it was not in celebration of US Independence Day. I don't think those kids were disrespecting anything when they wore American Flag t-shirts - I think they were disrespected - being Mexican in this country does not make them a protected class ... Almost everyone here came from somewhere else - I cannot imagine the chaos it would create if all nationalities in this country demanded and got their own celebrations; classes taught in their native language and all the other concessions being made for many people who are not only here illegally - some seem to revel in the fact that they are breaking the law. This is like the twilight zone.

These things are happening because we, the majority who are Americans, have not used the clout of that majority to make changes. Time to roll up the welcome mat and curtail the wefare and food stamps. They will leave in droves. After all, America would be just like where they came from at that point. I was in a small grocery, run by a Hispanic family yesterday; everyone in the line in front of me were swiping Lone Star cards (electronic food stamps).

being Mexican in this country does not make them a protected class

Uh, might I remind you we are in Obama town now - and as far as he is concerned - yes it does.

no it doesn't.