• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Obviously they need services for cats, but they could also consider services for birds, hamsters, and fish.

Why stop there? I still have a pet rock from the 70's that's on the fast track to hell... :thumbsup:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously they need services for cats, but they could also consider services for birds, hamsters, and fish.

Why stop there? I still have a pet rock from the 70's that's on the fast track to hell... :thumbsup:

is that rock in your pocket? :emot-dance:

:emot-dance:

It's in my neighbor's yard at the moment.

I chucked it at their cat. :emot-dance:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Mass. church to offer worship services for dogs

DANVERS, Mass.—A Massachusetts church is scheduled to launch a new monthly worship service—for dogs. Calvary Episcopal Church will offer later this month its first "Perfect Paws Pet Ministry" aimed at giving area pooches and their owners improved odds at getting canines into heaven. The Danvers church plans to hold the service on the third Sunday of every month, complete with communion for the humans and special blessings for pets. Dogs will get special treats.

Church officials said well-mannered, leashed dogs are invited. People can submit a paper prayer if their pets are sick, not good around other dogs or deceased. Prayers can also be offered for other types of pets.

Rev. Thea Keith-Lucas told The Salem News dogs will have a say during service because barking won't be banned.

http://www.denverpost.com/watercooler/ci_15023806

:thumbsup:

This is money, time and resources spent on animals who have no idea what is going on that should be spent on reaching lost people. It is both ridiculous and sad.

Yeah - it's truly sad. It shows where the focus is - or rather - isn't.

they don't HAVE to be told to sit and stay! they usually have to be told to get up and move!

Why waste your breath telling them when kicking works so much faster? :emot-dance:

Certified crazy ol' cat lady here sez: :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm just joking around. I actually love cats! In fact, I have half a dozen of them hanging on my wall right now! :emot-hug:

they don't HAVE to be told to sit and stay! they usually have to be told to get up and move!

Why waste your breath telling them when kicking works so much faster? :emot-dance:

Certified crazy ol' cat lady here sez: :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm just joking around. I actually love cats! In fact, I have half a dozen of them hanging on my wall right now! :)

:101::b::)

wg, very few posts makes me laugh out loud. but you are just on a role today! (or it could just be my emotional upset trying to let off pressure ;))

Making people laugh is what I live for. My dream is to one day write for Conan O'Brien. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Making people laugh is what I live for. My dream is to one day write for Conan O'Brien. :emot-dance:

He definitely needs a new writer...... :thumbsup:

I don't know whether or not it would be worse if the people that run the church actually think they are doing the work of God having services for dogs, or if this is merely a gimick to get more people to show up that think it is the only way to guarantee their dogs will make it to heaven? :thumbsup:

I do think they are acting in a descriminatory manner, excluding all animals but dogs. Perhaps this is just a first step in the redemption of all animals? :emot-dance: Obviously they need services for cats, but they could also consider services for birds, hamsters, and fish.

:emot-dance: Alright....who are you and what have you done with Butero?

Someone with cats. I don't want them descriminated against. :emot-hug:

Awww....you're a cat person! :emot-dance:

Guest LadyC

i love this thread. it's so full of comic relief! even as a cat lover, i'm with charitow, i've laughed out loud a few times catching up on the comments this morning! (and yes, for the next 7 minutes, it IS still morning here!)

I don't know whether or not it would be worse if the people that run the church actually think they are doing the work of God having services for dogs, or if this is merely a gimick to get more people to show up that think it is the only way to guarantee their dogs will make it to heaven? :noidea:

I do think they are acting in a descriminatory manner, excluding all animals but dogs. Perhaps this is just a first step in the redemption of all animals? :rolleyes: Obviously they need services for cats, but they could also consider services for birds, hamsters, and fish.

:thumbsup: Alright....who are you and what have you done with Butero?

Someone with cats. I don't want them descriminated against. :blink:

Awww....you're a cat person! :noidea:

We have two in the house: Pamela and Dolly. Then there are a bunch of strays that come around for food: one with very ugly colors I call Mongrell. Then there is Fancy, Sheila, Coffee, and Noodles. That doesn't count the kittens two of them just had, probably under my deck, and some I haven't seen in awhile or that my wife and I haven't named.

Great names, Butero. When God talked about the way we treat the 'least of these' I believe He probably meant His animals as well. :noidea: