Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Ya know, the thing that I found absolutely unbelievable is that someone actually spoke this out loud. Granted the guy's off base, he married his own adopted daughter. :rolleyes: However, someone who has profited handsomely from this Nations Liberty has actually advocated publically what most of these Leftists think privately. That this man would make an ideal Dictator. :th_praying:

I kind of couldn't believe it when folks were mesmerized and passing out during his campaigning and election.

However, now I've just about seen it all. I can now understand how folks are going to fall prey to a One World Leader. :blink:

I've kind of thought that it couldn't happen here.

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another alarming example of someone seeking Dictatorial powers for this President;

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/geoffrey-dick...ze-oil-industry :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

How do we know that Obama wants to be a dicator?

Winsomebulldog has it right on the money. Everything Obama has done is obviously geared toward this. And everything he wants to do and is trying to get rushed thru before Nov., because I think he knows a lot of Dems are going to be shown their walking papers.

Give a few examples please. Also explain how your examples show that Obama wants to be a dictator. I bet you can't.

Seriously? Does the obscenely expensive health care bill ring any bells? And before you ask, the fact that he pushed that through despite the opposition of the majority of the American people (the ones he's supposed to be working for) proves that he thinks he has the right to ignore the wishes of his constituents (subjects?) and do whatever he wants to do. He's decided to force Americans to buy health insurance, whether they can afford it or not. When you take away the free will of the people you have a dictatorship on your hands.

Since as a candidate he supported health care reform, and he was elected, why would he not think those that elected him would want health care reform. That is not dictatorship, that is doing what you said you would do during a campaign.

It is telling that his approval rating went down when it appeared Health Care Reform would fail, but that since it has passed his ratings have been rising.

Well, I suppose the polls would have been his first clue. Also, your approval rating info is a little off. Maybe you'd like to check it here or here or even here. Seems like a pretty steady decline to me. Especially overall. Approval gets lower, disapproval gets higher. Even if you start (as you suggested) at the passage of his health care bill, his ratings are not climbing consistently as you seem to claim. They are, in fact, virtually unchanged. Color it however you like, he flat out ignored what the majority of American people wanted when it came to health care. Health care reform is one thing. I doubt anyone with any sense at all would agree that the system is messy. But forcing everyone to - excuse me - forcing those who are gainfully employed to purchase health coverage is NOT what the American people wanted. That's why 56% of Americans still want the health care law to be repealed. see here

He's still ignoring the majority of his constituents.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

Basically, I'm trying to understand what he is doing different from the past few presidents that would make the stament valid. Could this be said of other presidents?

:rolleyes:

Did you really ask that?

Gee . . . waddayathunk?

Gee . . . waddayathunk?

Forward thinking visonarianism? :rolleyes::th_praying::blink:

Leadership? :taped:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

So? It's not a book about the downfall of America.....

Gee . . . waddayathunk?

Forward thinking visonarianism? :rolleyes::th_praying::blink:

Leadership? :taped:

Man with a plan . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

How do we know that Obama wants to be a dicator?

Winsomebulldog has it right on the money. Everything Obama has done is obviously geared toward this. And everything he wants to do and is trying to get rushed thru before Nov., because I think he knows a lot of Dems are going to be shown their walking papers.

Give a few examples please. Also explain how your examples show that Obama wants to be a dictator. I bet you can't.

Seriously? Does the obscenely expensive health care bill ring any bells? And before you ask, the fact that he pushed that through despite the opposition of the majority of the American people (the ones he's supposed to be working for) proves that he thinks he has the right to ignore the wishes of his constituents (subjects?) and do whatever he wants to do. He's decided to force Americans to buy health insurance, whether they can afford it or not. When you take away the free will of the people you have a dictatorship on your hands.

Since as a candidate he supported health care reform, and he was elected, why would he not think those that elected him would want health care reform. That is not dictatorship, that is doing what you said you would do during a campaign.

It is telling that his approval rating went down when it appeared Health Care Reform would fail, but that since it has passed his ratings have been rising.

Well, I suppose the polls would have been his first clue. Also, your approval rating info is a little off. Maybe you'd like to check it here or here or even here. Seems like a pretty steady decline to me. Especially overall. Approval gets lower, disapproval gets higher. Even if you start (as you suggested) at the passage of his health care bill, his ratings are not climbing consistently as you seem to claim. They are, in fact, virtually unchanged. Color it however you like, he flat out ignored what the majority of American people wanted when it came to health care. Health care reform is one thing. I doubt anyone with any sense at all would agree that the system is messy. But forcing everyone to - excuse me - forcing those who are gainfully employed to purchase health coverage is NOT what the American people wanted. That's why 56% of Americans still want the health care law to be repealed. see here

He's still ignoring the majority of his constituents.

You posted 3 sources. 2/3 show his ratings rising. Only Rasmussen disagrees of those 3.

The following chart is from one of the links you provided. Notice even Fox News shows him having a 5 point rating increase.

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread

RCP Average 5/4 - 5/17 -- 48.1 45.9 +2.2

Gallup 5/15 - 5/17 1547 A 46 46 Tie

Rasmussen Reports 5/15 - 5/17 1500 LV 45 53 -8

Associated Press/GfK 5/7 - 5/11 1002 A 49 50 -1

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 5/6 - 5/10 1000 A 50 44 +6

Pew Research 5/6 - 5/9 994 A 47 42 +5

Ipsos/McClatchy 5/6 - 5/9 1016 A 52 43 +9

FOX News 5/4 - 5/5 900 RV 48 43 +5

You cannot be serious! This is a spread of what, a week? You claimed that his ratings were shooting up since he got the Health Reform Law passed. Take a few minutes and look again. His ratings are virtually identical to the place they were on the day the bill was passed! This is not rising. One point (which is the AVERAGE difference since then) is hardly worth mentioning. Take the AVERAGES over the past months and you'll see he's not going anywhere. Keep trying to make the facts say what you wish they said. It won't change the truth!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Gee . . . waddayathunk?

The Post-American World - Fareed Zakaria - Book Review - New York ...

May 11, 2008 ... In this examination of power, Fareed Zakaria focuses not so much on the decline of America, but on the rise of China and India.

IOW New superpowers are emerging, thanks to outsourcing.

I had an opportunity to read this last year - it was actually a realistic and more positive view of the world community than I previously had. Someone added a bi-line to the title that is not there - stating that it's a Muslim point of view - It's not. This is the review of the book from Publisher's Weekly -

The following review (from Publishers Weekly) summarizes the thesis of The Post-American World:

When a book proclaims that it is not about the decline of America but the rise of everyone else, readers might expect another diatribe about our dismal post-9/11 world. They are in for a pleasant surprise as Newsweek editor and popular pundit Zakaria (The Future of Freedom) delivers a stimulating, largely optimistic forecast of where the 21st century is heading. We are living in a peaceful era, he maintains; world violence peaked around 1990 and has plummeted to a record low. Burgeoning prosperity has spread to the developing world, raising standards of living in Brazil, India, China and

Indonesia. Twenty years ago China discarded Soviet economics but not its politics, leading to a wildly effective, top-down, scorched-earth boom. Its political antithesis, India, also prospers while remaining a chaotic, inefficient democracy, as Indian elected officials are (generally) loathe to use the brutally efficient tactics that are the staple of Chinese governance. Paradoxically, India's greatest asset is its relative stability in the region; its officials take an unruly population for granted, while dissent produces paranoia in Chinese leaders. Zakaria predicts that despite its record of recent blunders at home and abroad, America will stay strong, buoyed by a stellar educational system and the influx of young immigrants, who give the U.S. a more youthful demographic than Europe and much of Asia whose workers support an increasing population of unproductive elderly. A lucid, thought-provoking appraisal of world affairs, this book will engage readers on both sides of the political spectrum.