Marilyn777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

The breaking point is actually right where He wants us. :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I agree whole-heartedly, Tess. The breaking point is where He wants us.

Littleladyinblack, you know we care about you here. Let me tell you that happiness is fleeting. It comes and goes with life's ups and downs. The awesome thing is though that God can give you a peace that passes all understanding. You can be going through your most difficult time in life and have a peace and joy from God that can't be explained. I have shared with you privately and I will say again that God loves us all so much and desires everyone to accept Him. What holds you back? God can fill in all the empty holes and fill you with Himself. All you have to do is let Him. Let Him fill you with His love and joy. Then you will understand why we all have the hope that we have and why our perspectives are different from the world. God Bless you! :hug:

Guest LCPGUY

Marilyn, another excellent topic :)

Yes yes yes, God allows pain and even causes it in our lives. He uses it for refinement, training for future plans He has for us and to oftentimes draw us closer to Himself. He may also use it for disciplinary purposes, not punishment, but discipline.

For example, would He allow someone to be raped? Well, if He had plans for that person to later on enter into a ministry witnessing to and counseling women who had gone through this terrible thing, then yes, He just might allow it. You could relate and counsel much more effectively. In other words, you would be able to relate in a

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

The book of Hosea is perfect example of this.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I just finished reading a book called, "The Wisdom Hunter". Granted it is fiction, it sitll provides a lot of facts in it. Sometimes God allows pain in our lives for various reasons. For some of us, it is to break us. For others, it is to get our attention. The reasons vary yet the end result is His intention to show His undying love. We can either accept that He is there during hte painful times and push towards feeling His love, or we can blame God for such acts or wonder why he didn't stop them, and missing out on His grace.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

John bro,

Where I can agree with you that God will permit certain forms of pain. physical, mental or psychological, I do not believe that he will cause them, if His children keep within the bounds of His protective umbrella by being obedient to Him. If however, you step outside that protection, you are in enemy territory and you are virtually on your own and if you make a booboo the action and the consequences are on your own head. I cant see Him allowing one of his children to be raped, in order to make a good witness for Him later down the road, Why would He? you dont have to be a victim to be a good witness. I could see Him using an unsaved girl coming to the Lord after being raped and being a great witness. Likewise God doesn't bankrupt someone who belongs to Him. If people go bankrupt you can bet your boots that the fault lies within themselves and if they're unsaved, then there's a good chance that the Holy Spirit will bring them to his knees and God will handle it then. Nobody saved or not will go through life without a symtom of some sort.

Take our dear bother Gary, and our dear sister Cats, do you think that God allowed their pain and suffering so that they would be good witnesses for Him? I dont think so, could He heal them? Of course He could, but He chooses not to, but because He never caused their affliction, that doesn't stop Him from firing them up with His Spirit so that they can not only witness. but they can preach and teach. Nobody will ever convince me that God deliberately punishes His true children.

Sorry John buoy, got a bit carried away and did a soap box. Nothing personal John, but it is one of my pet peeves. The same as I say God never sends anyone to damnation. They send themselves there by being disobedient.

I'hop off the box now,

blessings,

eric.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

To say that God didn't allow something is to say that something happened without God's permission, which contradicts the idea that God is all powerful.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Super Jew,

If you are replying to my post, then please note that I never said God doen't allow things to happen. I said He doesn't cause things to happen to His children.

Big difference.

Guest LCPGUY
John bro,

Where I can agree with you that God will permit certain forms of pain. physical, mental or psychological, I do not believe that he will cause them, if His children keep within the bounds of His protective umbrella by being obedient to Him. If however, you step outside that protection, you are in enemy territory and you are virtually on your own and if you make a booboo the action and the consequences are on your own head. I cant see Him allowing one of his children to be raped, in order to make a good witness for Him later down the road, Why would He? you dont have to be a victim to be a good witness. I could see Him using an unsaved girl coming to the Lord after being raped and being a great witness. Likewise God doesn't bankrupt someone who belongs to Him. If people go bankrupt you can bet your boots that the fault lies within themselves and if they're unsaved, then there's a good chance that the Holy Spirit will bring them to his knees and God will handle it then. Nobody saved or not will go through life without a symtom of some sort.

Take our dear bother Gary, and our dear sister Cats, do you think that God allowed their pain and suffering so that they would be good witnesses for Him? I dont think so, could He heal them? Of course He could, but He chooses not to, but because He never caused their affliction, that doesn't stop Him from firing them up with His Spirit so that they can not only witness. but they can preach and teach. Nobody will ever convince me that God deliberately punishes His true children.

Sorry John buoy, got a bit carried away and did a soap box. Nothing personal John, but it is one of my pet peeves. The same as I say God never sends anyone to damnation. They send themselves there by being disobedient.

I'hop off the box now,

blessings,

eric.

Bro Eric,

Don

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

To say that God didn't allow something is to say that something happened without God's permission, which contradicts the idea that God is all powerful.

Yes we only have to read the book of Job.

We can disagree if God makes bad things happen or allows bad things to happen but one thing is certain. Nothing happens on earth without God allowing it to happen.

What if i somehow inherited 100 million dollars tomorrow and having all this money i then started to become focused on how to invest it and how to keep this wealth secure. So much so that i started to loose focus on God and His calling to me (what i should be doing to serve Him) Would a loving God allow my investments to fail? Would he allow a con-man to defraud me of millions? would he allow the companies i invested in to go bankrupt and so on to take away the money that was causing me to loose focus on God? Would He allow me to ruined financially to take away what had become a block in my relationship with Him?

Well i Hope He would :t2:

I have said this before but it is still a great saying that i love.

A blessing is anything that leads me to God a curse is anything that takes me away from Him.

So what people commonly think as being blessings (like inheriting 100 million dollars) can actually be a curse. While things that people commonly see as a curse (bankruptcy) could actually be a blessing.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

All praise The Ancient Of Days