• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Local NYC board backs plan to build mosque near Ground Zero

After hours of emotional public comment, a New York city community board has voted overwhelmingly to support a plan to build a mosque and cultural center near Ground Zero.

"It's a seed of peace," board member Rob Townley said. "We believe that this is significant step in the Muslim community to counteract the hate and fanaticism in the minority of the community."

The vote late Tuesday by the Manhattan Community Board was 29-to-1 in favor of the plan, with 10 abstentions, the Associated Press reports.

Some in the crowd held carried pictures of victims of the attack, others carried signs reading: "Show respect for 9/11. No mosque!"

more here

:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

I have feeling that many in the Muslim community will view that mosque as a memorial to the 19 terrorists not as a "seed of peace" unless one's definition of "peace" is making the world Islam.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Yeah, that's a great idea....open the door to satan and invite him in. Hopefully, this 'community center' will meet the same fate as the Twin Towers.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Well.. at least Jesus is returning soon.. we won't have to put up with this much longer.

Well.. at least Jesus is returning soon.. we won't have to put up with this much longer.

Amen, Blien, amen.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Come into my parlor," said the fly to the spider.

:)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Nebula your comment reminded me of a story which plays into this whole mess in New York perfectly.... maybe ya'll have heard it before? It's the story of the Frog and the Scrorpion?

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "No! Your a Scorpion, Scorpions sting frogs and we die!" The scorpion says to the frog, "Now wait a minute, with your frog brain your not thinking right. If I sting you while were on the water I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, they set out with the scorpion on the frogs back. But in midstream the scorpion stings the frog. The frog couldn't believe it! Now both of them were going to die! While the onset of paralysis takes over the frog and he starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why would you do such a thing?"

"Because...." He said to the frog, "I am a scorpion."

Now I'm not saying that similar to the story that those Muslims are the evil ones.. but their religion is. And if they follow it diligently as we follow the lord then yes they are a scorpion. I can't believe how naive as the frog people can be with these people.

Nebula your comment reminded me of a story which plays into this whole mess in New York perfectly.... maybe ya'll have heard it before? It's the story of the Frog and the Scrorpion?

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "No! Your a Scorpion, Scorpions sting frogs and we die!" The scorpion says to the frog, "Now wait a minute, with your frog brain your not thinking right. If I sting you while were on the water I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, they set out with the scorpion on the frogs back. But in midstream the scorpion stings the frog. The frog couldn't believe it! Now both of them were going to die! While the onset of paralysis takes over the frog and he starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why would you do such a thing?"

"Because...." He said to the frog, "I am a scorpion."

Now I'm not saying that similar to the story that those Muslims are the evil ones.. but their religion is. And if they follow it diligently as we follow the lord then yes they are a scorpion. I can't believe how naive as the frog people can be with these people.

Actually, you picked the perfect story to reflect the actions and attitudes of islam. They will die to further their cause and inflict pain on their adversaries. The answer is eradication of the scorpions' nests, giving them no place to plot and scheme as the scorpion did in your story; not in allowing them to build a big nest in the middle of your city.

Yeah, that's a great idea....open the door to satan and invite him in. Hopefully, this 'community center' will meet the same fate as the Twin Towers.

That door's been open for quite some time.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

That door's been open for quite some time.

yep. :):rolleyes: