• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

New here folks, but like the 'liberal' talk. :thumbsup:

Good for one to be able to express one's opinion without the normal rod of christian chastisement breaking our backs!

I see a few topics where references are made to the 'Sabbath', and 'Messianics' 'dragging us back under the law'.

Hmmm.

Sad that people should see it this way, but that's 'liberalism' for you!

Let's look at it this way.

JC said, if you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Cool! Sounds simple enough, at least in theory!

So, WHAT exactly were His commandments ?

Were all the old commandments done away with ?

Well let us also remember that the NT tells us of the anti-christ, and the spirit of anti-christ, that creeps in, to deceive and lead astray.

But it's in the Old Testament, that we actually have a more revealing aspect of this spirit of anti-christ:

Dan 7:25

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW,that was a lot of scripture,and the ''short recap''was not so short.lol... :emot-handshake:

onwingsaseagles:

Sorry for being so long-winded....

May the Lord be with you,

Semper Fi,

charlesj

oy vehzmir!?

If I wanted to read a book, I have the Bible.

But who is this Yahshua you refer to? Do you know that baloney is purely from the (active) imagination of Marshall Kunichowski?

There has never been, nor will ever be, anyone named "Yahshua". There has never been a word or name "Yahshua" in the hebrew language. This 2-House fabrication drives me crazy because it makes us all look like idiots to a person who speaks hebrew as their native tongue.

Please...run away from the 2-house teachers who are defiling you with the pretense of being hebrew-roots teachers. They are pharisees in priests clothing.

oy vehzmir!?

If I wanted to read a book, I have the Bible.

But who is this Yahshua you refer to? Do you know that baloney is purely from the (active) imagination of Marshall Kunichowski?

There has never been, nor will ever be, anyone named "Yahshua". There has never been a word or name "Yahshua" in the hebrew language. This 2-House fabrication drives me crazy because it makes us all look like idiots to a person who speaks hebrew as their native tongue.

Please...run away from the 2-house teachers who are defiling you with the pretense of being hebrew-roots teachers. They are pharisees in priests clothing.

Hello YOD:

Calm down boy! LOL

If you will notice, I started my writing out and told you WHY I used the name YAHSHUA in my writing. I was dealing with a group that used the name

JAHSHUA instead of Jesus. If this offends you, then I apologize. I call Him Lord.

By what Name do you call the Son of God?

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the "2-house" teachers. I am guessing you are referring to the Church and fleshly Israel? If you want to discuss

this, then please, let's do.

Your servant in the Messiah, Jesus Christ, my LORD

Semper Fi,

charlesj

Edited by charlesj

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

technically saturday is the sabbath. look at the calendar. it is the last day of the week and the word saturday comes from the hebrew tounge, uh i forget the word in hebrew but it means sabbath.

i heard a preacher say we go to church on sunday cuz its the first day of the week and we are to give God our first. i have a hunch it is because most people work on saturday and capable of more people coming to church on sunday.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You miss the whole point.

Jesus said, "Come unto Me all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest and you will find rest for your souls."

God is Spirit and those that worship Him worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

God is etermal, not dealing in time, He created time. Jesus said, "I am Lord of the Sabbath." The Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath." (in other words, no sabbath before man.

Hebrews 4 says "Today" if you will not harden your hearts. There remains a rest for the people of God, it is today, it is everyday.

The weekly Sabbath is physical, for physical rest, for a people that were spiritually dead and had nothing else but the physical, natural man.

You, if you have received Christ, have died to the flesh, you are raised to the newness of life, you are seated at the right hand of the Father, you are buried with Christ in baptism and raised to the newness of life. You are reborn. Physical rest is temporary, Jesus' is eternal and where He is there is no night, so how ya gonna tell when sundown comes?

The Sabbath was a sign of the Rest to come, Well, He came and you can rest in Him! :il:

Amen!! Jesus is my Sabbath!

When Christ spoke to the Jewish high priest, Nicodemus, He told him that he must be

• 1 month later...

The 7th day is the Biblical Sabbath and we are instructed to "Keep it" (protect or guard it) and we are told to "Remember it" because the Lord knew we'd forget it :24: .

Christ kept the Sabbath and we are instructed to be like Christ.

The Sabbath is not a burden it is a gift and it is the Sabbath of our Lord. Much like the Feasts are "of the Lord." These are appointment times that our Lord made for us.

The Seventh Day Sabbath is not "done away with" it is everlasting, or else God is a liar because we are are told this by the finger of God:

12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’”

18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

Israel is made up of all believers. The commandments were given to a "mixed multitude" not to the "Jews" alone.

The BIG question is:

Did God (who wrote the above statement with His own finger) lie when He said the Seventh Day Sabbath is to be kept forever?????

God Bless

Rain

Edited by Rain27

The 7th day is the Biblical Sabbath and we are instructed to "Keep it" (protect or guard it) and we are told to "Remember it" because the Lord knew we'd forget it :24: .

Davi

The Sabbath is not a burden it is a gift and it is the Sabbath of our Lord. Much like the Feasts are "of the Lord." These are appointment times that our Lord made for us.

God Bless

Rain

did he?

If He did not then He sinned and therefore can not be our perfect sacrifice and Savior. Did Christ sin?

Davi

God Bless

Rain

did he?

If He did not then He sinned and therefore can not be our perfect sacrifice and Savior. Did Christ sin?

not keeping the Sabbath would only be a sin if one was under the Mosaic Law.

Did Adam sin for not keeping it?

Did the Patriarchs sin by not keeping the Sabbath?

Since we are to follow it, are we to also stone those that do not?

Matt 12:

1 At that time Jesus went on the Sabbath through the grainfields, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat.

2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, "Behold, your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath."

3 But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did, when he became hungry, he and his companions;

4 how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those with him, but for the priests alone?

5 "Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath, and are innocent?

6 "But I say to you, that something greater than the temple is here.

7 "But if you had known what this means, 'I desire compassion, and not a sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

8 "For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Is the Sabbath Moses Law? Or God's Law?

If it is God's Law (which is what the Bible says) then Jesus kept it because He is God, He would not and could not contradict Himself.

If anyone does not keep a Law of God then yes they sin, just the same as adultery or theft, you break those and you sin. We can be forgiven of course but it's still a sin.

We also do not know who did or did not keep the Sabbath, so I can not comment on the actions of Adam or anyone else. The Seventh day has been set aside (made Holy) from the beginning of time, so I would assume Adam kept it and followed the example of His God.

As far as stoning goes that would be the "penalty or curse" of the Law, Christ bore that for us (Thank God), so hopefully we will not misuse that Gift.