IGNORED

Set Your Mind on the Things Above...

Ovedya

Guest AGUIRRE1

GOD IS AWESOME HE IS ALWAYS THERE WITH HIS ARMS OPEN TO COME UNTO HIM. I JUST LOVE BEING IN HIS PRESENCE IS THE BEST FEELING I EVER HAVE FELT THAT IS HARD TO EXPLAIN...ONCE YOU HAVE THAT YOU CANNOT GO BACK TO THE WORLD THAT CANNOT OFFER YOU NOTHING. WE NEED TO STAY FOCUS ON GOD AND IN HIS PRESENCE AND READING HIS WORD......KEEP HIS YOUR MIND STAYED ON HIM

AMEN!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:amen: Some 'good food for thought' in this excellent topic! (very nourishing. Not like the world's 'fast food' or 'junk food.' :D )

The recent replies I have read so far to the subject (OP) have been a blessing, as well. Especially the scripture verses that you've shared! Thank you, Worthy family for your edifying input. :wub: I look forward to going back (over a period of time) and reading some of the earlier posts.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

On a nearly daily basis, I find myself challenging the thoughts of my own mind. Many times a day, even hourly and minute-by-minute, there are thoughts that swirl about my mind completely motivated by biology and the genetically guided chemistry of it.

My heart is an inner sanctum that must be guarded, seeded, cultivated, expanded, fought for and won. The Covenant is not mine, but that of God. The winning of my heart is not something I have power and capacity to do, but is (instead) a work of God Himself of and for His own purpose. So, I participate together with Him, but the question is -- is my participation stunted and hurt by my ignorance or is it helped by revelation?

The Father is the giver of revelation. The revelation I am writing about within the pages of this blog are of two flavors -- God Vs Satanic. There is no other. I am blind. I was designed to receive seed and to be a garden of planting and a shared co-laborer. The issue is -- with whom am I paired and partnered? Who is my seed-giver? Who is my husbandman -- the providing the seed I was designed to receive, plant, grow, cultivate, tend and nurture?

In the natural, a woman is the nurturer of children. In the supernatural, I am the Bride of Christ. The children of our union is spirit.

John 3:6 LITV That having been generated out of the flesh is flesh, and that having been generated out of the Spirit is spirit.

The truth of what Jesus has said above is how the Spirit is the one providing or provisioning the seed that begets. The process of having more of the thinking of God is "begetting" -- that is -- the giving of seed: Spiritual Sex. The very Kingdom of God in me and in you is born of this spiritual sexual union between the seed of the Father and the womb of our heart and mind.

What has this to do with the title of this blog? Thoughts challenged by faith?

Logic and intellect are not ultimately what is needed to accept or reject seed -- from either side. Notably, it was Eve and her logic that paved the way for the seed of Satan to enter her own mental womb (heart) and when that seed entered by way of her logic, she died (in the pristine nature) of her womb. Adam died with her soon after and we all have died as a direct result. We were born with, injected from the outside as weak flesh with the seeds of our Father -- Satan. Know it or not. Like it or not. Agree or not. See it or not. NOTHING in our perception changes or alters the reality of our situation. We are overrun with the seeds and weeds (death) of our father -- Satan (John 8).

The ONLY logic needed to combat this seed is a realization of this truth. From here, every thought can then be challenged outright and without question. The ONLY remaining question is to then hold up each thought to God the Father, and to the Son and in the LIGHT of His Word, His Thinking and Thoughts -- from this place, to challenge our own thoughts. Pulling down, burning, destroying and otherwise leaving no stone (thought) stacked upon another (thought). The seeds (thoughts arising) from Satanic injection back with Eve and passed through generations of people (parents, friends, families, societies, cultures) to us, must be torn down and utterly laid waste.

Faith in this manner doesn't require but the most basic of understanding. Like children who trust their parents implicitly, we as children of God are to truth the Thinking of our Father delivered to us through the Spirit (Mind) of God as exemplified in the mind and life of Jesus Christ -- and beyond ("And greater things will you do!"). A simple understanding of the mechanism of our mind is all that is required.

The simplicity of it is this -- every thought in me born of the flesh is about pleasure. Pleasures of the body and mostly about the pleasures of emotions, pride, arrogance and such things. Thus, the clue of discerning thoughts born of God is to understand what "pleasures" are God-given, ordained and constructed and to know these boundaries clearly. Having these boundaries so set with every increasing clarity allows us to choose our thoughts wisely and discern the seed from which they are spawned. We know who the planter and provider is because the seeds and resulting thoughts match the seed giver!

This is how we can inspect: Not based on logic and intelligence, but on simply understanding the seed-giver, his or His nature and then comparing to whose thinking our thoughts line up best to. Logic is not required as a basis, although good logic and reason has a place. It is worldly wisdom and logic and reason that can fool and trick us into a false sense of "righteousness." Thus, we must first acknowledge without wavering our incapacity to have a clean and clear starting point. We must start from the basis of truth -- we are ALL of our father Satan and what Jesus said of him:

John 8:42-44 LITV Then Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I went forth and have come from God. For I have not come from Myself, but that One sent Me. (43) Why do you not know My speech? It is because you are not able to hear My Word. (44) You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it.

So, just because the reasoning sounds or seems logic, we must realize how our "point of view" has been poisoned before we ever began forming our logic. That we accepted the logic and poison thinking of others around us doesn't make our reasoning any more right. It just means we bought into the lies from another source and brought them into our hearts and minds, where we planted them, cultivated and nurtured them to full stature.

No -- the solution is this: Collect ALL of our thinking (no matter how "right" we believe it to be) and pull it into a pile. At this point -- hang a huge sign on it that says, "NONE OF THIS IS TRUSTWORTHY!" With that in place, we can then go thought by thought from the pile, holding it up to the LIGHT of God's own thinking (delivered to us by and in His Spirit -- see Jesus). In this manner of inspection, we come to KNOW godly seed from the Spirit, the seed is planted in our heart of and by the Spirit of God -- BORN AGAIN! This is the rebirth that Jesus speaks of in John chapter 3 with Nicodemus.

Nevertheless, we are left with a simple truth: Thoughts can be challenged by simple faith -- trusting that God is right, His thinking and thoughts are right. Moreover, our thoughts from birth to now are suspicious and to be challenged wholeheartedly and completely. No thought can be clung to as right. No thought can be clung to without proving. Proving does NOT require a great intellect or prowess, but requires a simple examination and trust of the one delivering the seed. This is the simplicity of faith that saves by His working, His power, His plan, His all in all and in all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/11/1982

Great post, i am truely impressed! God bless your soul.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

I once heard that "God is not the author of confusion but of peace", When we fill our minds with God's Word and godly books, magazines we leave no room for the enemy's propaganda.

Every sin begins as a thought in the mind. A big part of standing against the enemy of our souls is taking control over our minds. I was always taught when I was younger that any garbage that goes in your mind is hard to get out, which is very true.

If you read Romans 12:2 ...Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So true, I think it's a good thing we isolate ourselves from the crap that's on TV. The enemy uses it to harden our hearts toward God. Our hearts get hardened when we focus on the natural and not God. Sit at the TV and take your thoughts captive. Even the news is poison spreads fear, distrust, anger etc... 2 Corinthians 10:5

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Birthday:  06/13/1962

Now I'm not saying that some of us have the Lord and others do not. But the principal here is that our primary need is to cherish the Lord's present appearing. It is the by Lord's present appearing, not His future appearance, that we receive the crown of righteousness. Those who cherish the Lord's present appearing will certainly be prepared for his future appearance.

I think additionally so many times we look to see how God is going to use current situations. But God is looking to see if we are willing to be used in them.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

I agree with you that we should keep our focus on Jesus, but in reality are we? How many, to spite the fact that any of us could be run over by an 18 wheeler the next time we get into a car, go through life thinking we have much time go grow and become strong Christians. It is sort of like, "well I'll make the decision to come to Christ tomorrow for today I just can't do it." How many sermons have we set through getting people to respond to the calling of the Sprit? We must if we are going to prevail be strong in Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Wonderful post :thumbsup:

"Dead man walking" here :cool: (the world can do nothing to me, I am already dead to it).

But alive to Christ.