• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

agua,

How do you feel about God granting Soloman vast riches? How do you feel about Solomon subsequently using them to do things against Gods Word? Did God grant Solomon more than his heart desired and more than met his needs?

Here's what the Bible say's about Solomon's wealth;

1Ki

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. God does bless some folks like Lydia in the New Testament with riches and they were a sincere blessing to the Saint's of God. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The big fat line is the grey area between supplying ourselves and storing up wealth.^^

Avarice

AV'ARICE, n. [L. avaritia, from avarus, from aveo, to covet.]

An inordinate desire of gaining and possessing wealth; covetousness; greediness or insatiable desire of gain.

Avarice sheds a blasting influence over the finest affections and sweetest comforts of mankind.

It is not a sin to purchase wants as long as your greed is in check eh.

Do you think supplying the needs of others takes precedent over possessions?

Btw..Is giving gifts supplying my wants?I did not realize I was so selfish :blink:

:thumbsup:

No, just trying to apply principle to practicality.

Come to think of it, what is driving me crazy is that your argument assumes that Capitalism and greed are synonymous terms, and they aren't.

No economic system supports nor discourages greed. Greed is in the heart of man. :thumbsup: Even the poor can be greedy. And why does one assume that building one's economic prosperity in a Capitalistic way is about greed? You do know how expensive it is to go through college, don't you? And who will fund missionaries more effectively - those that are only able to give $5 or those that are able to give $100+ ?

Try this - which nation on Earth gives the most privately donated (non-government) funds to world disaster relief?

Now you understand the whole capitalism thing I want - I work - I need... now where do I put God in all this?

Where is God in any other form of economic system? This really is a bizarre argument you are forming.

No argument Neb! Were just not connecting in our thoughts and direction. I am not a very good communicator!

I was thinking about this debate -

And I'm wondering what the things you are saying have to do with the nations' economic system?

This is sounding like you are arguing how to personally live.

(2)Who is paying for your ability to live at the church? Who is paying for your needs?
I work as a janitor, electrician, plumber, painter, construction a-z, Sunday school teacher, outreach minister I am paid enough. The people I serve puts in the offering what they can afford unto God for His Glory.

So, you are paid by the church, which receives money from offerings?

What if everyone in the congregation worked for the church as you do?

The Church would be rich!!!

I think you misunderstand 3 days I work for the Church Janitor and all needs, 3 days I do for the people of the church in their homes whatever and they put in the offering what would have been my wage (except I leave what wage amount to them) I am an honorable veteran USMC takes care of medical so I think little of money and things it is a blessing to me! I am able to keep my mind stayed upon the Lord most of the time! I praise God for His grace in my life!

Love Steven

You are correct - I misunderstand

If everyone got their income from the church, where would the church get the money from to pay its members?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

A Moral Debate: Why Capitalism is Best for America

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/finance/2010/Ju...st-for-America/

Compared to the other world systems, capitalism is probably a better choice.

agua,

How do you feel about God granting Soloman vast riches? How do you feel about Solomon subsequently using them to do things against Gods Word? Did God grant Solomon more than his heart desired and more than met his needs?

Here's what the Bible say's about Solomon's wealth;

1Ki

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Dave, I think the point is that the capitalist economy has no controls for greed, and it has no controls for forced giving, by the very definition of capitalism!

It is left to man to freely choose what to give and where and when and why. Not the system.

And the problem I have with this, is that man's heart is dark, sinful and greedy.

This isn't a comparison of capitalism against other economies, but rather just a criticism of capitalism [or rather... not capitalism, but what is NOT capitalism, what is left in society when the economy is removed].

Andy,

Dave, I think the point is that the capitalist economy has no controls for greed, and it has no controls for forced giving, by the very definition of capitalism!

It is left to man to freely choose what to give and where and when and why. Not the system.

No doubt, we agree. :shofar: Here's the problem though. Whose dark and greedy heart are you going to trust to reign in the other dark and greedy hearts? :( Hugo Chavez? Castro? Barack Obama?

God leaves it to each man and God judges each man accordingly. :emot-LOL: That's my point and that's why this system has the most Liberty.

Peace,

dave

Grace to you,

Capitalism is great if greed is in check.

Okay, please explain who controls the greed then. :shofar:

No one's acting arrogant here. :blink::o

Perhaps you feel that America has finally gotten it's come uppance? :blink:

Peace,

Dave

We communicate differently.Here if someone offers correction while winking and holding up a thumb it would be considered arrogant and "smart elec".

Greed comes from man.

I do not think America has finally gotten it's comeuppance. :noidea: Is it the American way to expect condemnation?

Nope, were actually praying for revival here and for God to be merciful. :emot-LOL:

My problem is that folks misunderstand Capitalism because of modern rhetoric. That's what is happening in our Nation today. :blink: We are having a debate and the folks who are twisting and distorting are winning because no one is taking the time to examine the Truth. :(