IGNORED

Hey everyone! I really need an answer, fast!

Katie(:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Any reccomendations on what I should read next? Anything to start my day out or just something I should start off with or.....anything?

The whole book of John, Philippians 4, Ephesians, James, 1 corinthians 13! 1 John there are so many places to start :whistling:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Read John, it is full of light and love and hope and His glory and grace.

Don't over analyze what you read, just let the holy Spirit guide you, and if you have any questions as to the meaning of the scriptures in John, then just ask :whistling:

John was the disciple "who Jesus loved', and in one scripture (you will get to it), John lies against the chest of Jesus while they talk around the supper table.

Imagine, resting your head on His chest and feeling the heartbeat of God! Thats how close we should be to Him all the time!

You are doing fine Katie, savor the feelings you now have, and remember them when the world gets in the way of your walk (it will). And when it does, go back to scripture for guidance. That is why it is important to read scripture and build your knowledge (which takes a lifetime because it is a journey, not a destination).

The only sure destination you have once accepting Jesus into your life is at His feet :) (what an awesome place to end up)

Bless you, you are a breath of fresh air!

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/11/1993

My apologies for being absent. (: I've been swimming and I got a new bible from Jake's mom! And I now know the difference between what a King James Version is and the..IV version or something like that I think it's called. The bible she gave me was the other version. And I asked Jake's dad if sometime in the future, he could baptize me, and of course he said yes.

And I'm going through John right now. (: It's taking me a bit longer because of all the swimming I did, and with the swimming came eating a huge meal afterwards and sleeping foreverrrrrrrrr, lol.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Katie, just to let you know your not alone: I will read the book of John too. And although i'v read sevveral books, i haven't read John, so i will too.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/11/1993

Time-keeper, that gave me new inspiration. I've been doing more swimming and relaxing than reading, to be honest. I've only gotten through like 4 chapters of John...not good. But someone is reading it with me! Thank you!

Guys, I really think I need a little more help. I have so much OOMPH (if you get what I'm saying), but I don't really...know what I'm doing I guess. I don't what to pray for, what I need to talk to God about, how I really can become closer, things that are essential...I know it's kind of like I need to learn it more on my own than help from others...is that the way I should go about it?

Oh, and Jake's dad (he's a pastor), he told me that there are some things in the bible you won't be able to understand the first time you read it, because the spiritual understanding hasn't come yet. God will reveal more to me in time.

That sounds perfectly right. What are your views?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Guys, I really think I need a little more help. I have so much OOMPH (if you get what I'm saying), but I don't really...know what I'm doing I guess.

Just read it. You don't have to create a study out of it. For now, just read it. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you anything He wants you know from the reading. But other than that, just read.

Digging deeper can be done another time.

I don't what to pray for, what I need to talk to God about, how I really can become closer, things that are essential...I know it's kind of like I need to learn it more on my own than help from others...is that the way I should go about it?

It's OK to ask for help and advice - just like you would for any other activity.

For prayer, there are some guidelines - which unfortunately I don't have time to go through at this moment. But you can start with, "Dear Father, I want to draw closer to You," and then rest a while in His presence (too many people pray-and-go . . . allow the Lord time to respond back).

Oh, and Jake's dad (he's a pastor), he told me that there are some things in the bible you won't be able to understand the first time you read it, because the spiritual understanding hasn't come yet. God will reveal more to me in time.

That's right. There are cultural references, Old Testament Scriptures that writings of the New Testament are taken from, cross-referencing with other Scriptures of a similar theme to get a broader picture, etc.

That's why I say just read it. If there's something that intrigues you and you want to look into further (like looking on-line for a city reference to find out where the city was/is and such) that's fine. But don't feel like you have to figure it all out right away. Just read through an lay the groundwork.

OK?

Guys, I really think I need a little more help. I have so much OOMPH (if you get what I'm saying), but I don't really...know what I'm doing I guess.

Just read it. You don't have to create a study out of it. For now, just read it. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you anything He wants you know from the reading. But other than that, just read.

Digging deeper can be done another time.

I don't what to pray for, what I need to talk to God about, how I really can become closer, things that are essential...I know it's kind of like I need to learn it more on my own than help from others...is that the way I should go about it?

It's OK to ask for help and advice - just like you would for any other activity.

For prayer, there are some guidelines - which unfortunately I don't have time to go through at this moment. But you can start with, "Dear Father, I want to draw closer to You," and then rest a while in His presence (too many people pray-and-go . . . allow the Lord time to respond back).

That's right. There are cultural references, Old Testament Scriptures that writings of the New Testament are taken from, cross-referencing with other Scriptures of a similar theme to get a broader picture, etc.

That's why I say just read it. If there's something that intrigues you and you want to look into further (like looking on-line for a city reference to find out where the city was/is and such) that's fine. But don't feel like you have to figure it all out right away. Just read through an lay the groundwork.

OK?

It's Personal!

Ask Who Is Jesus?

And What Am I Going To About Him?

Love, Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Time-keeper, that gave me new inspiration. I've been doing more swimming and relaxing than reading, to be honest. I've only gotten through like 4 chapters of John...not good. But someone is reading it with me! Thank you!

Guys, I really think I need a little more help. I have so much OOMPH (if you get what I'm saying), but I don't really...know what I'm doing I guess. I don't what to pray for, what I need to talk to God about, how I really can become closer, things that are essential...I know it's kind of like I need to learn it more on my own than help from others...is that the way I should go about it?

Katie,

I am the worste procrastinator in the world :24: I'll start as soon as possible, and if you have questions, please ask, cause odds are, i'll have them too. Anybody wanna "warn" me on what John is all about before i begin? If not, i will get started as soon as possible. :blink:

Best,

Lilly

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Anybody wanna "warn" me on what John is all about before i begin?

How about this?

Take out a notebook, or a piece of paper, or whatever.

Write on the top:

Who is Jesus?

Whenever you see anything that answers this question, write it down.

And that is your summary of the Gospel according to John.

:whistling:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am going to move this Form Worthy Welcome to General Discussion